[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest Draft Bargains

CBowden1220

What players have proven to be the biggest fantasy bargains in your league this year? Looking at rounds 10+ in our draft (14 team league), these names stand out:

Steve Slaton

Kurt Warner

Aaron Rodgers

DeSean Jackson

Matt Ryan

Also, 4 of the top 5 QBs in our format (Warner, Rodgers, Cutler, Rivers) were all taken in Round 7 or afterwards.

Edited by CBowden1220

What players have proven to be the biggest fantasy bargains in your league this year? Looking at rounds 10+ in our draft (14 team league), these names stand out:

Steve Slaton

Kurt Warner

Aaron Rodgers

DeSean Jackson

Matt Ryan

Also, 4 of the top 5 QBs in our format (Warner, Rodgers, Cutler, Rivers) were all taken in Round 7 or afterwards.

Wow, who would have ever thought that QB value could be found in later rounds. :wacko:

8.06 76. Corton Charlie Ward, Hines PIT WR Sat Aug 23 9:56:43 p.m. ET 2008

9.05 85. Corton Charlie White, Roddy ATL WR Sat Aug 23 10:03:00 p.m. ET 2008

10.06 96. Corton Charlie Jones, Julius SEA RB Sat Aug 23 10:18:23 p.m. ET 2008

11.05 105. Corton Charlie Meachem, Robert NOS WR Sat Aug 23 10:25:36 p.m. ET 2008

12.06 116. Corton Charlie Daniels, Owen HOU TE Sat Aug 23 10:36:38 p.m. ET 2008

13.05 125. Corton Charlie Schaub, Matt HOU QB Sat Aug 23 10:43:57 p.m. ET 2008

Only a 10 team draft so they're not stellar. However, this was a nice stretch for me. I traded Julius for Peyton Manning after week 3. Only Meachem was a wasted pick.

Matt Schaub in the 8th

McNabb in the 9th

Chris Johnson in the 10th

Kevin Walter in the 12th

Ten Team League where you're only allowed 2 QBs on your roster and not more than 5 RBs.

Edited by loaf

Only my top 3 are panning out

1st LT

2nd Brees (not bad considering Brady and Peyton were #1 picks for alot of peeps)

3 Boldin

only other one doing well is Giants with 11th pick considering Balt, NE, Chicago went in 4th rd on.

McFadden in 4th/dud K.Smith 5th/dud Braylon keeper 8th rd/major dud

rest are gone, alot of waiver moves

I grabbed Isaac Bruce late in a lot of drafts (12-15th Rds) and have found that great value.

S Moss was a little earlier but was close to being the final WR1 from a pro team that was left in most drafts.

I've also grabbed Rivers late as well and that's paid off HUGH.

Wow, who would have ever thought that QB value could be found in later rounds. :wacko:

I hear ya, but that principle seems even more pronounced this year than most. In my experience, you usually wind up with 2-3 big names (the Bradys and the Mannings) who were drafted too high, but who nonetheless wind up near the top of the ranks. This year the late-round bargain QBs are just dominating. Brees is the only big name in our top 5 and he was drafted about where you would expect him to be.

Edited by CBowden1220

Got McNabb in the 6th who I traded later on for Marshawn Lynch

Cutler in 11

Honestly, getting Steve Smith in round three has been huge for me, especially since I got Colston in 2.

In other league I got Chris Johnson in 10, Brees in the middle of three, and Tennessee defense in in 14.

Kurt Warner has to be one of the top five...there were plenty of leagues where he went undrafted (especially early drafting leagues before Leinart put up his throw up all over himself pre season game)

Roddy White and Santana had to be huge bargains in just about every league as well

In this league (12 team league, I picked 8th), I'm way out in front. Mostly because of these bargains..............

3. (32) Drew Brees QB

6. (65) Jay Cutler QB

8. (89) Matt Forte RB

9. (104) Lee Evans WR

12. (137) DeAngelo Williams RB

13. (152) Vincent Jackson WR

I'm in a 12 team league with 17 players on each team

Slaton was my last pick of the draft and I also picked up Warner off the waiver wire before the season started

How's that bargain.

my Team:

Warner, Edwards

Slaton, T Jones, A.Peterson, L. Washington, D. Williams, Hightower, K. Smith

Fitzgerald, Holt, Breaston, A. Bryant

Gates

Folk

GB Def, NO Def.

Forte and Slaton have been huge for me. They pretty much allowed me to trade off my big name underachieving RB's for more WR riches.

Warner has been ridiculous, but I'm still kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I drafted Avery, dropped him, and picked him back up.