[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

turbotax revolt

tonorator

ahhh yesss....capitalism and free-market at it's best!! I LOVE IT!!

I'm guessing with this backlash the company will have learned it's lesson that people can vote with their wallets and will change their ways. In the meantime, the companies that are willing to be competitive and and give the customer what the want, at the price they want...JACKPOT! BABY!

Now if only the American Automakers could realize these most basic of elements! Someone will take your place...trust me, their is a market out their, and if your companies the way these guys have, you get what you ask for.

people are pissed

people don't seem to like that they can no longer print multiple returns for free (it's $10 per ...)

seems like a coordinated thing that probably originated on a message board. I'm trying to figure out exactly how it's different from last year. seems like it might actually be cheaper if you're just filing one return, because in the past I think you could do multiple returns but you had to pay to efile.

I will be buying it again. I am only doing one return, all my info is saved from last year, so it makes it much easier when entering info for this year.

When you say multiple returns, is that for 5 different people?

FWIW, TaxCut can import your TurboTax data from last year.

Each return over 1 they will charge you $10 which is poopyty. So lets say you want to do your girl friends, mother, sister, etc... you will be charged $10 for each once. Last year they gave you up to 5 returns. This year not only did they raise their price but changed their policy from 5 to 1 which is a BIG no no in this economy.

so, as far as I can tell, this will save money for single-return efilers. I think it will also save money for multiple return efiliers. it will cost more money for people who did several returns on the same computer, and then printed them out and mailed them in rather than efile.

I can see why some people are miffed, but it seems like a better overall pricing model to me. :wacko:

I do not use them myself and I am sure they have done something bad, but I also guarantee you that at least some if not most of those posts on Amazon were done by competitors or people with other agendas. You can tell by the way they are all written. Plus if you check, almost everyone has only ever done just one review - turbo tax.

They ju8st updated today so that you do not have to pay the extra $10. Guess they saw the error of their ways.

TurboTax Now Includes Free E-filing with Every Federal Return

Updated: 12/11/2008Article ID: 6156

TurboTax now includes free electronic filing with every federal return prepared with desktop software products. TurboTax is the only tax software to include both e-filing and audit support with every federal return.

TurboTax customers can e-file up to five federal tax returns, the limit set by the IRS, and prepare and print unlimited returns at no additional cost.

Including free e-filing with every federal return is one more way we help make it easier for TurboTax customers to keep more money in their pockets.

I think one of the major problems (before that last update) was that they were charging you $10 to PRINT your return for every copy after the first one.

So, if you were printing one for a loan, house refinance, or just a 2nd personal copy, you had to pay an extra $10 for something you had already purchased. This would have caused me to look elsewhere because it it just plain stupid.