[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christmas Cards

BigMikeinNY

Why do people find it necessary to put a photo of their pets on their Christmas Cards? I find it kind of......well.......silly.

I love seeing pictures of new babies and new family members in the Christmas photo.

I love seeing my friends and family that I don't get to see often grow each year.

I don't feel I need to see a 4x6 picture of Cozimo the family terrier.

BigMIke

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree completely, unless its a family photo with mutt included. if you're an old maid with nothing to live for except your friggin lhasa apso, just send a card with no picture, please.

a couple years ago this old bat I work with gave a bunch of us custom made coffee mugs with a picture and caption of "mister zach" printed on it. gee, thanks, just what I wanted. :wacko:

The cards we are sending out this year features the artwork of my 9 yr old on the front. Hers was chosen along with 12 others from entries submitted by all the city elementary schools by the local cultural center. In a proud daddy's opinion I think hers was the best. :wacko:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/raj...194410_9414.jpg

The cards we are sending out this year features the artwork of my 9 yr old on the front. Hers was chosen along with 12 others from entries submitted by all the city elementary schools by the local cultural center. In a proud daddy's opinion I think hers was the best. :wacko:

I think an appropriate title for the picture would be "Seasons Greetings".

:wacko:

Man did you marry upward. Or you made a promise to the debil or something. :D

The cards we are sending out this year features the artwork of my 9 yr old on the front. Hers was chosen along with 12 others from entries submitted by all the city elementary schools by the local cultural center. In a proud daddy's opinion I think hers was the best. :D

rajncajn - that is way cool. I wish that I would have thought of that. My 12 year old has been taking art classes since she was six and just loves to do things like that. Now she is sort of past that little kid stage so I don't know if we could pull that off next year.

I think we're at 2 years in a row now where we aren't sending cards. Shame on us.

How 'bout going on 30. LOL

<sniff> I love you guys.

I have changed. I used to buy a couple big packs of cards and send them out to everyone I knew.

Now, I honestly just think it's wasteful. I got a five pack box and sent cards to my mom, grandma and brother. Everybody local just gets a hearty "Merry Christmas!" from me.

That's cool!

this is not a case of somebody outkicking their coverage... this is a case of somebody kicking the freaking ball out of the stadium

yes, yes I did!! and thank you for the lovely compliment about my wife...even if it is a :D at my expense

Man did you marry upward. Or you made a promise to the debil or something. :D

rajncajn - that is way cool. I wish that I would have thought of that. My 12 year old has been taking art classes since she was six and just loves to do things like that. Now she is sort of past that little kid stage so I don't know if we could pull that off next year.

:wacko: I don't make deals with the debil :D

and rajn that is way cool and I actually like the short ones idea of Seasons Greetings

Oh, so nobody gets the "Christmas Letter"? Or as in my house we like to call the Brag Letter? A couple that we are friends with sends out a yearly letter and all it is...is a letter about Johnny being the fastest kid in the whole soccer league, Jenna can score at will on 8 foot dudes in basketball and she's only 3 and their newborn is singing the abc's :wacko:

Oh, so nobody gets the "Christmas Letter"? Or as in my house we like to call the Brag Letter? A couple that we are friends with sends out a yearly letter and all it is...is a letter about Johnny being the fastest kid in the whole soccer league, Jenna can score at will on 8 foot dudes in basketball and she's only 3 and their newborn is singing the abc's :wacko:

I know a couple that thinks their sh1t doesn't stink that sends those out...the wife however never seemed to include when her husband lost his job or lost $50K in the market because he didn't know what he was doing

:D

this is not a case of somebody outkicking their coverage... this is a case of somebody kicking the freaking ball out of the stadium

yes, yes I did!! and thank you for the lovely compliment about my wife...even if it is a :wacko: at my expense

I'm pretty sure he was talking about your dog..... :D

That said, as to the topic, in year's past we had a family photo that always included the dog. This year, we just didn;t like any of the one;s with the dog, so went with a couple of just the boys, one of the 4 of us, and one of the dog, as my wife was afraid that if we didn't show him people would thnk he had died during the year or something.

The cards we are sending out this year features the artwork of my 9 yr old on the front. Hers was chosen along with 12 others from entries submitted by all the city elementary schools by the local cultural center. In a proud daddy's opinion I think hers was the best. :D

I thought an octopus had 8 legs? :wacko:

Sorry, I was channeling this page. :D