[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles-Vikings game thread

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Visqueens take the holding penalty the Eagles are likely out of FG range. :wacko:

Were I MIN, I think I'd have accepted that holding penalty - yes, gives PHI another down, but puts them out of FG range for the moment, and with the pressure the MIN line is getting, I may have taken my chances at not going down 3-0, although I suppose a good PHI punt could back the Vikings up near their own goal line ... I dunno ... argument could be made either way, but I think I take the penalty.

I was wondering the same thing... 3rd and 20 from the 36 (roughly) or 4th and 10 from the 26. I guess the thinking is that they're likely to pick up 5-10 yards on 3rd down, and basically get back to where they were (in mid-40 yard FG range). Declining the penalty just eliminates any chance, albeit a slim chance, that the Eagles convert that long 3rd down play. Might have ended up being the right decision, given the fact that Akers looks like he could make one from 60 today (the extra few yards probably wouldn't have made a difference). He DRILLED that 44 yarder. :D

Henry, you must be the only dude here that plays fantasy football. Good luck today Henry Muto. We will all be here rooting for you. :wacko:

Hey....I need exactly 53 yards from Bobby Wade, 4 solos and an assist from Sharper, and Longwell to hit a 46 yard field goal off the left upright and I'll be in 1st place out of 43,532 teams in this one crazy league I'm in.

I was wondering the same thing... 3rd and 20 from the 36 (roughly) or 4th and 10 from the 26. I guess the thinking is that they're likely to pick up 5-10 yards on 3rd down, and basically get back to where they were (in mid-40 yard FG range). Declining the penalty just eliminates any chance, albeit a slim chance, that the Eagles convert that long 3rd down play. Might have ended up being the right decision, given the fact that Akers looks like he could make one from 60 today (the extra few yards probably wouldn't have made a difference). He DRILLED that 44 yarder. :wacko:

looked liked the vikes almost blocked it too

I was wondering the same thing... 3rd and 20 from the 36 (roughly) or 4th and 10 from the 26. I guess the thinking is that they're likely to pick up 5-10 yards on 3rd down, and basically get back to where they were (in mid-40 yard FG range). Declining the penalty just eliminates any chance, albeit a slim chance, that the Eagles convert that long 3rd down play. Might have ended up being the right decision, given the fact that Akers looks like he could make one from 60 today (the extra few yards probably wouldn't have made a difference). He DRILLED that 44 yarder. :wacko:

Agree here 100%....Philly runs a draw or shovel pass to get 5-7 yards, Akers is money from there and a possible facemask or other penalty on 3rd and long turn 3 into maybe 7. Good game so far, ready for them to open it up a bit!

What was Peterson trying to do with the ball on that TD run (around the 10-15 yard line)? If he was simply taunting the defender by holding it out in front of him, that's not real smart, especially considering his fumble issues and the fact that there could have been someone else behind him. I couldn't tell for sure, though... My initial thought was that he was (stupidly) taunting the Eagles 15-20 yards before reaching the goal line. After watching the replay from a few different angles, though, it looked almost like a hesitation, as if he was unsure if he should change hands with the ball? :D

Either way, he needs to hold on to the rock with both hands. :wacko: