[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles-Vikings game thread

i_am_the_swammi

Local TV estimating about 12,000 Eagles fans in attnedance today....should be fun to watch!

Looking for a another stellar defensive plan from Jimmy Johnson today, and for DeSean Jackson to take his shots against the 32nd-ranked Vikings return defense.

Should be a typical NFC brawl.... :wacko:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a terrible non call on that long TD....

I can't stand this announcing crew....

If only Childress could outcoach someone....

That Viking horn is annoying....

When will McNabb stop throwing 15 yard passes into someone's ankles....

Ooops....

Local TV estimating about 12,000 Eagles fans in attnedance today....should be fun to watch!

Looking for a another stellar defensive plan from Jimmy Johnson today, and for DeSean Jackson to take his shots against the 32nd-ranked Vikings return defense.

Should be a typical NFC brawl.... :wacko:

That means of the 20,000 tickets sold (45% of season ticket holders didn't buy them) 12,000 were Eagles fans to 8000 Vikings.

That means of the 20,000 tickets sold (45% of season ticket holders didn't buy them) 12,000 were Eagles fans to 8000 Vikings.

Not necessarily....I am guessing that many season-ticket holders likely put their tickets up on EBAY/Stubhub/Broker for sale. And I am also guessing there are many tickets available outside the stadium to anyone with a nickel.

NBC 10 said thatm, based on the information from the Vikings ticket office, capacity of flights to Minneapolis, ticket broker sales, package sales, etc....that there would be about 12,000-15,000 fans in and around the stadium. Just reporting what was reported here. We'll see how loud /green it is when the game gets underway.

12,000 is decent, but not really that high of a number. The Hawkeyes and Badgers send nearly twice that many fans to the Metrodome every time they play Minnesota, and the Packers even more than that.

12,000 is decent, but not really that high of a number. The Hawkeyes and Badgers send nearly twice that many fans to the Metrodome every time they play Minnesota, and the Packers even more than that.

None of them are over a thousand miles away though.

None of them are over a thousand miles away though.

Understood. It's impressive from that perspective. All I'm saying it that Minnesota fans are used to having the dome half-filled with opposing fans, so 12,000 will probably seem somewhat insignificant in comparison. Still a pretty good number from a Philly point of view.

Go Vikings ...who cares if you cant sell out a home playoff game , or that your coach looks like a poor man's albert einstein , or that Tavaris Jackson could not start for most Division 1 colleges right now , main thing is you beat Eagles so Giants can pummel the Cards next week :wacko:

Edited by isleseeya

Go Vikings ...who cares if you cant sell out a home playoff game , or that your coach looks like a poor man's albert einstein , or that Tavaris Jackson could not start for most Division 1 colleges right now , main thing is you beat Eagles so Giants can pummel the Cards next week :D

Dude your fear of the eagirls is sickening; cut it out already. speedos---> :wacko:

Edited by Front Row

Not necessarily....I am guessing that many season-ticket holders likely put their tickets up on EBAY/Stubhub/Broker for sale. And I am also guessing there are many tickets available outside the stadium to anyone with a nickel.

NBC 10 said thatm, based on the information from the Vikings ticket office, capacity of flights to Minneapolis, ticket broker sales, package sales, etc....that there would be about 12,000-15,000 fans in and around the stadium. Just reporting what was reported here. We'll see how loud /green it is when the game gets underway.

I'd hate to be on the streets of Minneapolis-St. Paul this evening when all those drunken and disappointed Eagles fans begin to file out of the Metrodome and head for their cars in a sour mood after wasting all that time and money. :wacko:

I'd hate to be on the streets of Minneapolis-St. Paul this evening when all those drunken and disappointed Eagles fans begin to file out of the Metrodome and head for their cars in a sour mood after wasting all that time and money. :wacko:

It could be worse...all those happy, drunken, and belligerent Eagles fans filing out of the Metrodome and head for a bunch of pissed-off Viking fans in a sour mood after TJax and Childress give the game away... :D

the inactives for both teams

Eagles inactives: QB AJ Feeley (third), RB Lorenzo Booker, LB Joe Mays, DE Bryan Smith, T Chris Patrick, G Shawn Andrews, TE L.J. Smith, DE Victor Abiamiri.

Vikings inactives: QB John David Booty (third), DT Ellis Wyms, DT Pat Williams, DE Ray Edwards, WR Darius Reynaud, T Marcus Johnson, LB Dontarrious Thomas, TE Garrett Mills.

at least they have plenty of money for beer after having only to spend $10 for a ticket. :D