[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles-Vikings game thread

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't watch this f'ing garbage anymore. I talk a lot of trash, but I can appreciate a good effort (this even goes to the Packer fans).

Congrats to the Eagles, you played a hell of a game. Seriously.

Best of luck next week.

This will be my last post until next year. Later all and best of luck to your favorite teams! :wacko:

vikes gave up 292.4 yards/game in the reg season

eagles gave up 274.3 yards/game in the reg season

today

Vikes have given up: 337

Eagles have given up: 265

and fwiw, the eagles were 3rd in the NFL in yards allowed and the Vikes 6th ...so I would say that these offenses havent

done to bad considering

OK.

Both teams just looked sloppy to me, my perception perhaps.

Nice win Eagles, see ya soon. :wacko:

:wacko:

I'll enjoy this win for a day or two, then not be able to sleep well for five nights until a date in the Meadowlands becomes a reality.

Nice win....hard fought, well-earned. Vikings came to play, and a couple huge plays doomed them (Samuel INT for TD, Westbrook TD, Jackson punt return to set-up 1st FG).

Who am I kidding....I am looking forward to next Sunday already!

Vikes played a good game and still have a good team to look out for next year...TJax is still developing and isnt as bad as many (including vikes fans) say he is/was....just feel fortunate to be moving on to round 2...1 round at a time...next weeks game should be more or less a lot like this game, a defensive battle

:wacko:

I'll enjoy this win for a day or two, then not be able to sleep well for five nights until a date in the Meadowlands becomes a reality.

Nice win....hard fought, well-earned. Vikings came to play, and a couple huge plays doomed them (Samuel INT for TD, Westbrook TD, Jackson punt return to set-up 1st FG).

Who am I kidding....I am looking forward to next Sunday already!

I concur....I've secretly been eying up the Giants matchup since sometime before yesterday...

Good game, Eagles. The better team won today. The MIN defense can only keep them in the game for so long, especially once the Tarvaris of old comes back. And, by that, I mean the guy who resembles a D-II college QB at best. The guy simply folds under pressure. Props to the Eagles defense and Jim Johnson, though... they found a way to attack the MIN weaknesses, and basically shut them down in the 2nd half.

Other than needing a QB, the Vikings seem to have most of the other pieces in place to have a really good football team next year. It will be interesting to see if TJax can improve and become that guy (assuming youth/inexperience is a large part of the problem, and not just a lack of talent/decision-making ability).

Good luck to the Eagles... They, along with San Diego, have as good of a shot as anybody (as wild cards) to make some noise in the next 2-3 weeks. The NFL is about as wide open as I can remember it being in quite some time. Should be a fun few weeks!

Good game, Eagles. The better team won today. The MIN defense can only keep them in the game for so long, especially once the Tarvaris of old comes back. And, by that, I mean the guy who resembles a D-II college QB at best. The guy simply folds under pressure. Props to the Eagles defense and Jim Johnson, though... they found a way to attack the MIN weaknesses, and basically shut them down in the 2nd half.

Other than needing a QB, the Vikings seem to have most of the other pieces in place to have a really good football team next year. It will be interesting to see if TJax can improve and become that guy (assuming youth/inexperience is a large part of the problem, and not just a lack of talent/decision-making ability).

Good luck to the Eagles... They, along with San Diego, have as good of a shot as anybody (as wild cards) to make some noise in the next 2-3 weeks. The NFL is about as wide open as I can remember it being in quite some time. Should be a fun few weeks!

Classy statement. I think Baltimore and Arizona have a chance too.

Vikes played a good game and still have a good team to look out for next year...TJax is still developing and isnt as bad as many (including vikes fans) say he is/was....just feel fortunate to be moving on to round 2...1 round at a time...next weeks game should be more or less a lot like this game, a defensive battle

Agree except that our offense is going to play better to beat a much better Giants team at home.

In any case, go Eagles! :wacko:

Classy statement. I think Baltimore and Arizona have a chance too.

Keep forgetting that BAL is a WC team as well. I think it's because, as long as Lewis and Reed are healthy, I consider them to be one of the favorites in the AFC, no matter what seed they are.

I'm looking forward to next week. Should be very exciting! Congrats to the Vikes and their fans. You guys had a hell of a year. Stick with your young QB, I think he'll be ok, I really do.

Eagles D needs to continue to play at this same high level to compete w/the Giants. I hope this game is going to be as good as I am imagining it to be. Go Birds!!

I'm looking forward to next week. Should be very exciting! Congrats to the Vikes and their fans. You guys had a hell of a year. Stick with your young QB, I think he'll be ok, I really do.

Eagles D needs to continue to play at this same high level to compete w/the Giants. I hope this game is going to be as good as I am imagining it to be. Go Birds!!

You know TJax may be good but I'm not sure they will stick with him too much longer.

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans on a hard fought win. It was a pretty entertaining and fairly even game until the final quarter where the better team willed itself to victory. Good luck against the Giants. Should be a great game.

As far as the Vikings go, I'll be very disappointed if they don't give up on the Tarvaris Jackson project next year. The guy has some talent, is a very good athlete, but just doesn't seem to have the "it" necessary to be a consistent NFL quarterback that can lead a team to a victory like was needed in the last quarter of this game. He's still very young, but I just don't see him taking that next step. Of course I'm just a novice fan and not some QB guru like Chilly.

Here's to the offseason and hope of some quality acquistions in free agency and the draft. I'd still like a change in the coaching staff as well, but something tells me Wilf is pretty loyal to Brad and will give him another year because the Vikings sneaked into the playoffs this year.

All that said....ummm...go Cards? :wacko:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post hears that the Lions and Rams have emerged as "major players" to hire Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier as their next head coach.

Frazier's candidacy for a coaching job will heat up now that Minnesota has been eliminated from the playoffs. Frazier is one of the higher-profile names the Rams have targeted. They're likely to interview him early this week.

Source: National Football Post

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post hears that the Lions and Rams have emerged as "major players" to hire Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier as their next head coach.

Frazier's candidacy for a coaching job will heat up now that Minnesota has been eliminated from the playoffs. Frazier is one of the higher-profile names the Rams have targeted. They're likely to interview him early this week.

Source: National Football Post

Blow it up in Minnesota.

Fire Chilly and Bevell and the special teams coach.

Promote Frazier to HC. Bring back Brian Billick as an OC. Promote Karl Dunbar to DC.

Or let him go and fire them all starting over with Cowher or Shanny.

Blow it up in Minnesota.

Fire Chilly and Bevell and the special teams coach.

Promote Frazier to HC. Bring back Brian Billick as an OC. Promote Karl Dunbar to DC.

Or let him go and fire them all starting over with Cowher or Shanny.

May be a good idea after losing Tomlin.

I haven't read any of this thread, but I'll just make a couple of quick comments...

After the Vikes had 1st and 5 at mid-field, but couldn't gain a single yard and had to punt, I knew it was all over.

Minnesota has some great pieces in place (Adrian Peterson, Steve Hutchinson, Jared Allen, the Williams Wall) and they can continue to build upon those pillars, BUT Childress is the weight around the neck of this team, and unfortunately Childress will be back. A couple of things to observe about the Vikings 2008 season:

Childress' offense is boring.

Childress as a human being is boring.

The Vikings as a team kind of took on that even keel boring personality... not once during the season (even when the situation REALLY called for it) did I see this team come onto the field with a sense of urgency or fire. Not once. That's weird and kinda sad actually.

I don't know if it's Childress or his staff or everyone involved, but the Vikings coaches seem to go into a coma when there is a minute or less in a half. They are professionals, but the level of incompetence in calling plays and managing the clock when the half or the game is on the line is simply stupifying.

Adrian Peterson earned the rushing title this year, and he is still not an every down back under Childress. He is in on 1st down and 2nd down, and then it's just a crap shoot. Maybe the best RB in the NFL should be involved in a couple more plays (even on, GULP, 3rd down). I don't know, maybe that's just me.