[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever been to a Superbowl?

nuke'em ttg

When I was a child I went with my parents but things were way different then they are now.

My wife and I debated going to this years SB but after doing all the math and thinking that we would come close to 5K for the trip, we decided to focus on a cruise with the children.

I think when the kids are all gone and if the Steelers would make it back to the SB, I will likely go. That will be at least seven or more years down the road.

Before my parents divorce, my dad was a distributor for Budweiser in Eugene,Oregon. He got 2 tickets to SB XIV at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Although we didn't really have any pro teams in Oregon (I don't count the Jailblazers), I was a HUGE Rams fan at that time. Being only 12, my allegiance to the Rams was very young (3 years I think). So when my dad proudly broke the news to me, I was as excited as a young boy could be. However, I was as disappointed by the outcome as any 12 year old Rams fan would be as well. I had my Pat Haden rookie card waiting to be signed but could not understand why this Vince Ferragamo character was doing what my hero Pat was suppose to be doing. That game will always haunt me and I will, to this day, curse Vince (who by the way is selling real estate in SoCal).

I still have the Rammy Whammy towel with ketchup stains on it from that game. It was an experience I will never forget as that same year, my parents got a divorce and my dad moved to Alaska.

mia vs 9ers at stanford when i was in hs. very fun. loved all of the marino hype and montana pwnd him (well, ok..... the whole team was pretty awesome)

den vs sf in new orleans. WOW! team at it's peak. just amazing performance.

while i love young... i would have really enjoyed seeing montana with the teams of the early 90's (with shanny and system and players really rolling)

Edited by Bier Meister

A good friend of mine is in "the industry" and one of these years I'm guessing he'll get me there. Or, if the game is in New Orleans, I'll likely have some "ins" there that might score me a ticket - or at least the chance to buy one at a somewhat-reasonable price.

i went to super bowl XXX in tempe, cowboys vs steelers. i was the sports editor at the campus paper at the university of arizona. for the hell of it, i wrote the NFL and said how we regularly cover the cardinals (we didn't), and asked for super bowl press passes. we got one reporter and one photographer pass. it was pretty cool. the only thing that sucked is the cowboys are my favorite team but i had to refrain from cheering. the press section was in the corner of the endzone. afterward, the players were in these little booths to be interviewed. i wrote a game story and sidebar in long hand and faxed it to the paper. overall it was pretty fun, but i prefer watching it at home with friends and family.

I went to an AFC Championship. That's the closest I'm ever going to get.

+1 Went to the AFC Championship in 1999 between the Jags and Titans. The Jags, after wiping their asses with the Dolphins the previous week(62-7, Marino's final game) got their asses handed to them by the Titans.

SB XXXIX was here in Jax and I partook in the festivities downtown but didn't go to the game. I was bummed that my Steelers weren't there or I may have coughed up the cash for a ticket.

Came very close last year but I just couldn't justify the ticket price. $3k+. Definitely on my bucket list.

Mine too.

+1 Went to the AFC Championship in 1999 between the Jags and Titans. The Jags, after wiping their asses with the Dolphins the previous week(62-7, Marino's final game) got their asses handed to them by the Titans.

SB XXXIX was here in Jax and I partook in the festivities downtown but didn't go to the game. I was bummed that my Steelers weren't there or I may have coughed up the cash for a ticket.

I am thinking I may head to big D when they host the SB in 2012 (I think it is). Might not go to the game, but at least go for the festivities.

i went to super bowl XXX in tempe, cowboys vs steelers. i was the sports editor at the campus paper at the university of arizona. for the hell of it, i wrote the NFL and said how we regularly cover the cardinals (we didn't), and asked for super bowl press passes. we got one reporter and one photographer pass. it was pretty cool. the only thing that sucked is the cowboys are my favorite team but i had to refrain from cheering. the press section was in the corner of the endzone. afterward, the players were in these little booths to be interviewed. i wrote a game story and sidebar in long hand and faxed it to the paper. overall it was pretty fun, but i prefer watching it at home with friends and famry.

That is an awesome story, you are my hero! :wacko: