[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?

Shorttynaz

Al Michaels said...

but he was saying this as Pittsburgh was snapping the final play of the game. No way did they have time for a booth review. Also, typically, after a booth review, doesn't the ref come to the field with "after review, the ruling on the field stands". There was none of this. I still don't think it was reviewed.

+1 - Thank you! That's what I was getting at.. If it was reviewed, the ref would have come out and said that the ruling on the field was confirmed, and the telecast would have showed the replay like 40 times and both coaches in split screen like they do with ANY other review.

I'm sorry, but that play was not reviewed, and the Cardinals were screwed out of a "CHANCE"..

Edited by Shorttynaz

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I'm waiting to hear from is Steeler fans. I have several friends who are fans of the Stee's and have already texted me several times telling me to "quit crying" it was a fumble, and the replay confirmed it.

My only beef is - "What replay?" It was never reviewed..

I may be wrong as I am clearly just really happy right now but I thought his arm was hit forward. We will see it a million times on Sports Center so we will see.

You are exactly right..the ball was dislodged while his arm was back (the ball was almost pinned against the side of his helmet), and his arm moved forward without control of the ball. Even though the ball moved forward, it was not done so in a controlled manor.

Seemed an easy call to me.

And we'll find out if it was reviewed...it may have been so clear-cut at the first glance in the booth, they didn't call down to the field to stop play.

If they had formally reviewed it, it would have never been overturned.

I don't know... the rule (I believe) states that the QB has to have control of the ball when his arm begins to go forward, and it looked to me like he had already began to lose control of the ball prior to his arm moving forward. Very close, though, either way. Definitely not conclusive enough to overturn, IMO. The Cardinals shot themselves in the foot multiple times tonight with penalties and the end-of-half turnover for a TD. With no time on the clock, and a very SLOW defender running the ball back, you HAVE to make that tackle... Warner may have been held, but that was a pretty weak reaction by the entire Arizona offense. It almost looked like everyone assumed somebody else was going to make the play... then, oops, it's too late, and he falls into the end zone. Some of the calls (the roughing the QB call on Big Ben was really weak) were questionable at best, but any time you have well over 100 yards in penalties, you have to look at yourself first as to why you lost the game

Very entertaining Super Bowl for the second year in a row. Too bad the Cardinals couldn't pull it out, but they definitely made a game out of it. Hats off to both teams for great performances, and great seasons as well. :wacko:

:wacko:

I think they did. Your link clearly shows that the ball was dislodged while Warner was loading it up...the momentum of his arm moving forward is what made the ball move forward. I can hit a volleyball forward, but not be in control of it. The ball was out of his control.

Michaels and Madden...the refs...even the momos in your link...all agree.

I've seen the officials make some real head-scratching decisions in the review booth. Had that gotten the real look it deserved, you never know.

I guess you are right...they could have overturned it if they saw something totally bizzarre. Which makes this thread correct....the Cards were screwed out of a chance....although I think that chance would be 1-in-a-1000.. After seeing the replay a dozen+ times, they got it right....and certianly nothing that could make them overturn it.

Be interesting to hear why it wasn't reviewed, if in fact it wasn't. I doubt ESPN interviewd the booth reviewer in time for their report. But someone will/should ask the question.

I thought it was a game that the team that should have done what it should have done, regardless of what the other team did, would win. That said, the other team on the field made it so...that the 2 teams trying to win, wouldn't.

Yep.....I just got back from a freaken sB party bitches. How ya like THAT!!!

im a fan of the steelers.. so nobody is probably going to give a hoot what i say... but i do know that the ball was out of warner's grasp when his arm started going forward. woodley dislodged that ball and warner's arm was going forward with the ball out of his possession. as soon as wood made contact with warner, he lost all possession of the ball. i replayed it on my high def tv and i'd bet anything that was the right call.. i dont know whether it was revied or not, there was a lot of celebrating and stuff in between that and the kneel down.. but i know that was the right call and thats all that matters.

I hate to blame a game on the officials.. All the calls prior to that were fine.. Not saying I agree with them, but seriously.. The Cards were f'd out of a CHANCE.. Hail Mary - something.. That was an incomplete pass and no one (Steelers fans) will ever convince me otherwise. That was the WORST ending to a superbowl i've ever witnessed..

I'm disappointed in the officials.. Not the Steelers, not the league.. The officials..

Oh well.. It is what it is.. Congrats Stee's fans..

It wouldn't have been a hail mary because there was a 15 yeard penalty on the Steelers. If the call was reviewed and reversed as it should have been the Cardinals would have been on the 29 or 30 yard line with one play left. It was a great game but the referee's ruined the end of the game? In the last two minutes of the game any questionable call is supposed to be reviewed. Was there anyone watching that game that watched that play live that could say that it wasn't questionable? I didn't hear any of the announcers asking why there wasn't a review as the last few seconds ticked away? The NFL should be embarrassed. Looking forward to hearing why there was no review.

Regardless of the poor officiating the game was decided on the last play of the first half. 10-14 point turnaround on that play. Pass goes incomplete or the Cardinals score and the Cardinals win the Super Bowl fairly easily. Great win for the Steelers and great job by the Cardinals. They moved the ball at will for the last 3 quarters against the "vaunted" :wacko: Pittsburgh defense. 6 Super Bowl wins is impressive.

Edited by theprofessor

I think they did. Your link clearly shows that the ball was dislodged while Warner was loading it up...the momentum of his arm moving forward is what made the ball move forward. I can hit a volleyball forward, but not be in control of it. The ball was out of his control.

Michaels and Madden...the refs...even the momos in your link...all agree.

:D The arm is going forward, the ball is going forward, but its a fumble. :wacko:

This "in control" logic means every fluttering duck is a fumble.

:D The arm is going forward, the ball is going forward, but its a fumble. :wacko:

This "in control" logic means every fluttering duck is a fumble.

fluttering ducks happen when the qb is throwing the ball and the ball gets hit during his throwing motion.. the ball was knocked loose before warner threw the ball.. big difference there bud.

ball was knocked loose before warner threw the ball..

That's my beef.. You're a Steelers fan, and obviously you're going to defend it. If that play happened to the Steelers and in turn that was their last offensive play of the game, you would have wanted the same thing as a fan.

This whole post was created not to say that it was or was not the right call, but in a game of this magnitude, it was a questionable play at best! I mean they reviewed the interception/TD to end the first half, and that was more obvious than the so called fumble by Warner to end the game. All I am saying is that fair is fair. If there was 3 minutes left in regulation and Wisenhunt could have challenged that play, don't you think he would have?? Damn right he would have - cause it was questionable.

Steelers won and you cant take it away from them (and they more than likely would have won even if that was ruled an incomplete pass), but in my opinion it was not fair and square.

Whisenhunt challenged two other calls that were made incorrectly and had them reversed. Add that to the end of the game and it made it feel shady and preferential in treatment when a play like that would be reviewed in any regular season game, let alone the Super Bowl. I was floored the refs let them rush the end of the game and snap the ball.

Then add that into the game changing reffing of the SEA/PIT game and it is just a shame in so many ways and not even fair to PIT fans who lately never get to enjoy a championship without accompanying questions about the officiating.