[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?

Shorttynaz

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And immediately when I saw the replay, it looked like his arm was moving forward with control of the ball when the ball was hit from his hand. Seems pretty obvious to me and clearly should've been reviewed instead of ignored just to end the game in a hurry.

thats why your not an nfl replay assistant... they would have fired you immediately after the game if you were.

Whether or not Warner fumbled or threw an incomplete pass is, unfortunately, a matter of subjective opinion. I'd like to think the rules are cut and dry, but I've seen enough replay reviews that ended differently than I thought they should have ended to know that in a situation like that, you should stop the game and do an official booth review. Who knows how the refs would have seen it.

:D

so now you are saying that the replay official in the booth should not do his job but rather should pass more plays to the field ref in the event that they might get the call wrong ...

:wacko:

What about the TD by Holmes at the end, when his team mobbed him. That should have been a celebration penalty. Move Pitt back 15 yards on the kickoff, and then where is Arz starting that final drive.

Too many shakey things for this to be coincidence.

Warner was held on the pick, so there is no way that TD should have counted just before half.

Why was Harrison not kicked out of the game for that clear attempt to injure. That is bogus as hell

Pitt benefited from 3 personal foul calls that were ticky tacky as hell on the 2nd to last TD.

Roughing the Holder has anyone ever heard of that before. I thought that was completely made up.

The non review at the end of the game.

I swear I thought I was watching Remember the Titans where the refs tried to steal that game, until the def coach confronted the refs about what was going on. Its was that apparent something was going on.

I had no dog in the fight, didnt care who won. So I dont want to hear this is Stealer Hatin.

Is the NFL trying to be the Sopranos here. Leave everyone talking about the drama of the game, hoping everyone tunes in next year.

What about the TD by Holmes at the end, when his team mobbed him. That should have been a celebration penalty. Move Pitt back 15 yards on the kickoff, and then where is Arz starting that final drive.

Too many shakey things for this to be coincidence.

Warner was held on the pick, so there is no way that TD should have counted just before half.

Why was Harrison not kicked out of the game for that clear attempt to injure. That is bogus as hell

Pitt benefited from 3 personal foul calls that were ticky tacky as hell on the 2nd to last TD.

Roughing the Holder has anyone ever heard of that before. I thought that was completely made up.

The non review at the end of the game.

I swear I thought I was watching Remember the Titans where the refs tried to steal that game, until the def coach confronted the refs about what was going on. Its was that apparent something was going on.

I had no dog in the fight, didnt care who won. So I dont want to hear this is Stealer Hatin.

Is the NFL trying to be the Sopranos here. Leave everyone talking about the drama of the game, hoping everyone tunes in next year.

Yes! Now I am happy. I could not wait to see Sgt Ryan show up. Welcome to the party. There is room on the Sixburgh bandwagon.

I haven't and spoke with several people who I consider knowledgable and they say the same thing. Is that even a rule? Or should have simply been called unnecessary roughness with no further explanation?

I guess when you have SIX rings you can rank the amount of enjoyment you get!! :wacko:

Everyone can debate the review or non reveiw but Big Ben drove the Steelers down the field after what could have been a back breaking TD by Fitzgerald and the Cardinals. Holmes made an incredible catch of an incredible throw...THAT is what people should be talking about and it is a shame that people aren't.

Bingo. I was out all day yesterday at a party and didnt get home until about 11. I was exhausted and just passed out so i didnt get to check in at the huddle at all during or after the game until today. The sad thing is that I just knew instead of a majority of the conversation being about some awesome plays and the big rally that was countered by a classic drive we would be cackling like a bunch of bitches about anything we could to discredit the win.

A few things . The Cardinals have hands down the best wr in football and opne of the best I have ever seen. Warner and those 2 wrs are just a lethal task to deal with

Big Ben wanted the ball in that last drive. The look on his face was the look you want your qb to have when buckling his chin strap for a potential supwerbowl winning drive

Holmes was pretty dominant as well. That quick out to him worked all day

Dockett is Diesel

The Cards have nothing to be ashamed of and proved they belonged. The game was a little ho hum for 3 Qs but the 4th made up for it big time.

cmon Az....you are usually more level-headed than this.

Do you really beleive the Replay Assistant is some $6 hour schlep, or a trained NFL employee? further, do you really beleive he was not interested in the game, or as you say, taking "a quick glance" while "sitting on his hands while failing to do his job"? He's a trained proefessional, just like all the other zebras. He is a part of the officiating crew, not some network-employed moran just sitting there watching Spongebob, and clicking back and forth to the game.

The RA had 3-4 good looks at it, maybe more, in the 70 seconds from when the play ended to Pittsburgh snapping the ball. He felt it conclusive enough to not have to stop the game. As did I. If you think it was closer, thats fine. The play wouldn't have been overturned anyway, because they got it right. It wasn't even broderline (and even if it was, one look proved there was no gray area). He looked at the replay, saw it was a clean fumble, and moved on. No need for the ref to even look at it. Like millions of other plays where he doesn't buzz the ref. The call was correct, and he likely confirmed it on the first replay he saw.

I'm still not sure what the beef here is?

his job is to watch for close plays that should be looked at more closely and to stop play by buzzing the ref when they come up. that was a VERY close play that DEFINTELY should have been looked at more closely. it's hard for me to understand how anyone would deny that. I, and many others, were shocked when the steelers snapped the ball and the play wasn't reviewed. the fact that it wasn't reviewed is just one more little external development in the game that favored the steelers.

I haven't and spoke with several people who I consider knowledgable and they say the same thing. Is that even a rule? Or should have simply been called unnecessary roughness with no further explanation?

It is a rule. I have never seen it called but I have never seen a holder ran over like that. It is for sure a rule though. He is considered a defenseless player and is protected.

Having yet to chime in.....it was a fumble. I was surprised it didn't get reviewed, but it was still a fumble.

That said, it was an incredibly entertaining game full of great plays by both sides. Heckuva throw and heckuva catch. One I'm sure we'll be seeing/remembering for a lifetime.

If the Steelers were not well prepared and didn't execute, how can you say they brought their A game? :wacko:

I can because my A game could be better than your A game. In the end one play determined this game....and on that one play, Pitt executed better...but if you take a totality of the game....it is hard to argue that Pitt played a better game....hell...the Bears have been winning that way for years.

The sad thing is that I just knew instead of a majority of the conversation being about some awesome plays and the big rally that was countered by a classic drive we would be cackling like a bunch of bitches about anything we could to discredit the win.

To debate is human nature, it's not like there is much of a disagreement on how spectacular that 4th quarter was (despite the somewhat questionable officiating). Unlike XL, this SB will be remembered for the great plays at the end of that game. Big Ben is a flat out stud, and that Larry Ftizerald guy isn't too bad either.

I guess when you have SIX rings you can rank the amount of enjoyment you get!! :wacko:

Everyone can debate the review or non reveiw but Big Ben drove the Steelers down the field after what could have been a back breaking TD by Fitzgerald and the Cardinals. Holmes made an incredible catch of an incredible throw...THAT is what people should be talking about and it is a shame that people aren't.

Did anyone expect anything less on this board? I certainly didn't. It all started with XL and that does suck but now every team that does not have six Super Bowl wins and its fans will have something to bitch about. No way will they give credit where credit is due. Wiegie started a thread right after the game started about the Refs already cheating for the Steelers. I am sure he was tossing the line out there but many of the weak gobbled it right up. Now they are part of the conspiracy theory and until some other teams have their own conspiracies this is how it will be.

Yes! Now I am happy. I could not wait to see Sgt Ryan show up. Welcome to the party. There is room on the Sixburgh bandwagon.

Ive been here, just shaking my head at your f*ckers. :wacko:

Sixburgh - what is that how you teach your kids to count there.

Like I said in another post. Who would be jealous of Pittsburgh

City is one of the armpits of the US, just a trashy city

Women are fugly as hell, how depressing

Weather sucks ass

GOD has shown mercy and given this part of the world something to cheer about. Enjoy another tainted Title. Can Pitt actually win one without the zebras giving it to them. I dont remember a SB officiated as one sided as this game, other than the Pitt/Sea SB a few years back. And before that, in 36 years of my lifetime, I dont remember one even close to either of these. Coincidence? I think not. Tell your players to enjoy their rings. The NFL clearly had them made before the game was played.

Did anyone expect anything less on this board? I certainly didn't. It all started with XL and that does suck but now every team that does not have six Super Bowl wins and its fans will have something to bitch about. No way will they give credit where credit is due. Wiegie started a thread right after the game started about the Refs already cheating for the Steelers. I am sure he was tossing the line out there but many of the weak gobbled it right up. Now they are part of the conspiracy theory and until some other teams have their own conspiracies this is how it will be.

If this game was officiated evenly, Zona wins by 10, and there is no drama. But for Pitt to win, it took all of this to happen, so it darkens any accomplishment on the field. This is what homers cant seem to get. And you are right, I didnt expect anything less from this board from their fans.

It's hard to feel sorry for ya. :wacko:

Heck yea I'm jealous. I've seen Pittsburgh get a ton of good fortune in their last 2 superbowls; after cheering on every cursed Seattle team for about 30 years.

It's hard to feel sorry for ya. :wacko:

Heck yea I'm jealous. I've seen Pittsburgh get a ton of good fortune in their last 2 superbowls; after cheering on every cursed Seattle team for about 30 years.

You guys did have Franco Harris for a minute.

I honestly understand where a lot of this comes from. I just think it sucks that no one is talking about some of the great plays. No one is talking about a great 4th QTR that could have gone either way. Well, some are but it is mixed in with the haters.

You are 1000% incorrect professor. They almost never call down to the field unless they need a longer look.

In the last two minutes of a half, the replay booth looks at all the plays, all the time. Only in cases where they feel a need to take a longer look do they call down to the field and stop play. Just because play was not stopped, does not mean it wasn't reviewed.

It was apparent in my living room after the first replay, and it was apparent to the replay booth: fumble. No need to whistle down to the field to look at the thing 20+ times.

Right .....No need to take a look at that call because it was such an onvious call, without question a fumble. Plus, it came at such an insignificant time in the game. Thanks for the clarification. :wacko:

Sgt. Ryan - Your list of biased officiating is dead on, especially the non-call on the hold during Harrison's interception. That was one of the longest holds (in plain view) that I ever remember in an NFL game. That touchdown should never have been given to Pitt. There were a bunch of other obvious holds to protect Roth, but none as blatantly obvious as the hold on Warner's jersey. It just sickens me to see officiating be such a game changer. Still, I believe the Seahawk-Pitt game in the Superbowl was the worst officiated game I ever witnessed (not just in the history of the Superbowls).

Many of my friends (great people) are big-time Steelers fans. I'm happy for them. Party it up my Friends.

P.S. Hats off to Holmes for a fantastic catch. I wonder why he didn't do sh_t for my fantasy team during the year. Huge dissapointment fantasy-wise. That (his Superbowl performance) just adds a little salt to the wound (just missing fantasy playoffs).

Edited by Tega

It amazes me that you can't wrap your little head around the point I was making: that if the Steelers had lost that game, I would have blamed it on their poor play in the 2nd half; that but for their own poor decisions the gamne would not have been close.

Some friendly advice: stick to the threads about making sammiches and baking cookies.

Well, that may have been the point you were trying to make, but you mucked it all up when you implied that the Steelers should have won by more. Your rationale, it appears, is that they didn't bring their A game. Now, what amazes me even more than the fact that you're a lawyer and yet incapable of making a well reasoned argument is that you're a Steelers fan and somehow expect them to win pretty. Despite the fact that they've been winning games in precisely this manner all freaking year. Was it Rooney, Tomlin, or Big Ben who during the trophy presentation said in so many words, "it's rarely pretty but someone steps up and we get the job done." That's a great thing as a team. The ability to make the few plays you need to pull it out. That doesn't cheapen the victory one bit. However, don't pretend that the Steelers have been a thing of beauty all year, that enforced their will upon team after team and made a habit of locking things up by halftime because it simply is not the case. You saw the exact same Steelers team last night that you've been seeing all year long.

When they weren't playing the Bengals, Browns, or some other crappy team, the Steelers got into ugly fests basically every week and somehow pulled them out when a guy made a great play. That is exactly how it went down last night. Either that or they were choking away games in the 4th Quarter to Indy and NY or getting run out of the stadium by Tenn. Keep in mind, while you complain about their spotty coverage that this was not Joe Flacco to whomever or Whatever hack took over for Palmer throwing to the most dysfunctional pair of WRs in the league. This was a QB who'd been playing great throwing to a guy who'd elevated himself to pantheon status who also just happened to have two other running mates who gained 1000 yds this season. Any chance at all that the Steelers D simply met their match?

So you can smugly imply that I don't get it because I'm not a Steeler fan like you but it appears that you actually have no idea what you're talking about even when you're talking about you're own damned team.

You know what's funny? I actually like the Steelers. I was rooting for them last night. Because there's a ton of Pittsburgh transplants down here, I get the Steelers game about as often as anyone besides Carolina. So I actually watched them at least 10 times this year. So, seriously, just quit.

Right .....No need to take a look at that call because it was such an onvious call, without question a fumble. Plus, it came at such an insignificant time in the game. Thanks for the clarification. :wacko:

Maybe you need to read the rest of the thread...or are you still sore from a couple years ago?? That would ceratinly help explain your obvious bias...

And lets be honest, after the first replay, it was obvious it was a fumble. I am guessing the replay official agreed.

It wasn't that obvious or we wouldn't be having this discussion. :wacko:

Bingo. I was out all day yesterday at a party and didnt get home until about 11. I was exhausted and just passed out so i didnt get to check in at the huddle at all during or after the game until today. The sad thing is that I just knew instead of a majority of the conversation being about some awesome plays and the big rally that was countered by a classic drive we would be cackling like a bunch of bitches about anything we could to discredit the win.

A few things . The Cardinals have hands down the best wr in football and opne of the best I have ever seen. Warner and those 2 wrs are just a lethal task to deal with

Big Ben wanted the ball in that last drive. The look on his face was the look you want your qb to have when buckling his chin strap for a potential supwerbowl winning drive

Holmes was pretty dominant as well. That quick out to him worked all day

Dockett is Diesel

The Cards have nothing to be ashamed of and proved they belonged. The game was a little ho hum for 3 Qs but the 4th made up for it big time.

I am not trying to discredit the great win by the Steelers. But the same protocol needs to be followed for every game. In most other situations, this would have been reviewed. I just think given that it was the Super Bowl and all the same would be done here.

I am not trying to discredit the great win by the Steelers. But the same protocol needs to be followed for every game. In most other situations, this would have been reviewed. I just think given that it was the Super Bowl and all the same would be done here.

I hear you. I didnt have a horse in the race . I didnt direct anything at people that were simply looking for a harder look at the fumble which is what you were doing. It is the broadstroke Pitt got handed a ring stuff that kills good conversation

I'm guessing/hoping that many of the posters here are (1) on a major fishing expedition, (2) anti-Pitt, (3) conspiracy theorists, and/or (4) poorly educated football fans.

But, based on the facts that (1) even Arizona themselves did little complaining about the call, (2) the overwhelming concensus amongst the general sports population that the official got the call right, and (3) proper protocol was indeed followed,....I am wondering which of the above choices is most accurate? :D

Edited by i_am_the_swammi