[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get your free Gland Slam

tazinib1

You know Montster is Asian right?

Uh huh. I guess no one but taznib got my "gland slam" joke. You know. Slamming one's glands? Tickling tonsils? Playing the skin flute? Umm.... :D

Or of course the joke sucked. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, I think everyone got that. I was just throwing another joke into the mix. sheesh, now none of it's funny :D:D

I don't know about that... I found humor in the fact that Darin was either dense or insecure enough to think we didn't get it. :D

Or maybe he doesn't think we're as smart as he is? :wacko:

I used to do a lot of traveling for work and we always had a big breakfast since there weren't any guarantees that you'd have time for lunch. You don't want to take chances on the local Ma/Pa restaurant especially when it came to omelets. You could sure get some nasty stuff on your plate at a local dive. Perkins was always first choice but we've been to plenty of Denny's restaurants across the country.

+1 :D .

Drove by a Denny's about 10 this morning. Line was out the door.

#2 :D

Surprised just driving by that place doesn't give you the poopys. Back in the day we used to have a Denny's right by my apartment & would always hit it up on the way in after a long night out. My wife likes to tell everyone about how me & my buddy passed out on their bar one night while waiting for our food. The next morning was always a race to see who could defile the bathroom first. Ah good times...

I would first vote for "Puddy", then vote "dense". :D

I always hate it when I think nobody gets my jokes. My humor tends to be a little out of whack most of the time.

Edit: BTW, you all got the Asian joke, right? :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

I hope $8 tip and not just $8 total. A $2 tip is awful.

The average price of a grand slam nationwide is $6.00.

2 Grand slams plus $5.60 plus tax is about $18.50.

A $2.12 tip is approximately an 8.9% tip.

The average price of a grand slam nationwide is $6.00.

2 Grand slams plus $5.60 plus tax is about $18.50.

A $2.12 tip is approximately an 8.9% tip.

I'm not trying to be a dick about this but when you eat out for a quick breakfast or lunch and the total bill is only $6.00, you don't do the 15% or 20% do you? I don't mean this to you Chester as you just did the math and pointed it out but what I am saying is the girl that brings you your eggs and drink or burger and drink with three refils is working the same as if you ordered prime rib and drink. :wacko:

I don't feel the need to tip based on the price of my meal. I rarely hit a quick breakfast or lunch and don't leave at least 4 or 5 dollars. I think that is normal.

I'm not trying to be a dick about this but when you eat out for a quick breakfast or lunch and the total bill is only $6.00, you don't do the 15% or 20% do you? I don't mean this to you Chester as you just did the math and pointed it out but what I am saying is the girl that brings you your eggs and drink or burger and drink with three refils is working the same as if you ordered prime rib and drink. :wacko:

I don't feel the need to tip based on the price of my meal. I rarely hit a quick breakfast or lunch and don't leave at least 4 or 5 dollars. I think that is normal.

I'm also going into this openminded. I was discussing this with some bar friends last night. (I am a bartender and work for tips so of course am a little biased which should make this point sound weird).

Shouldn't you tip on 'work done' as opposed to a %?

In your example, Skippy, shouldn't the person bringing a burger and 3 refills actually get more than the person bringing a steak and a drink? That's 2 extra trips to your table.

My example was 2 couples order dinner:

Couple A has 2 glasses of wine and 2 ribeyes. Bill is $75.

Couple B has 2 burgers and 2 pops. Bill is $20.

Server did exactly the same amount of work for each . A 20% tip is $15 compared to $4. Why does s/he get an extra $11 for doing the same amount of work? If anything the cook should get it, though the cook is getting a real salary as opposed to the minimal wage of the server.

As a bartender this is less of an issue, since I usually get tipped 'by the drink'. Some leave a buck a drink, some leave $XX when they leave. Some leave little or nothing. Depends on the person.

I always tip 20%, unless the server has given me reason otherwise. :D I may round up to an easier amount, but it is always in that neighborhood.

But then again, I even tip for pick up orders... :D

But I wouldn't tip $4.00 on a $6 meal, that doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by cre8tiff

That is exactly what I am saying Chester. :wacko:

I sort of live by that for the most part. I am a pretty decent tipper or so all the waiters that always want us to sit with them make me think. Work is work. I will admit that I short the cheap lunch staff based on my tipping process but even though I short them based on my opinions, I tip better than everyone that ever joins me for lunch. If my lunch is say 9.60 then I normally round my bill to an even $15.

Now if I eat out at a restaurant with my wife and child and the bill is $70.00 with good service then my tip will be $10 - $12. However, I will tip that same $10 - $12 where our bill is $38.00. That waiter works no harder on the $70 bill then he does on the $38 bill when it comes to us. Great, over the top service with some free drinks, (many waiters do this when they know you), will equal $15.00 tip from me.

I know that is not the greatest tipping but I think it is reasonable and I know it is better than a lot of people.