[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPhone or Blackberry?

Big F'n Dave

I'm gonna need a PDA for my new job and I'm trying to decide between an iPhone or a Blackberry. I'm a Mac guy at home, but it's all PCs at work. My biggest need (other than a phone) is email capability. The research I've done runs both ways.

What say you?

From what I've heard/seen/reviewed, the iPhone is more gadget than phone. I've had a Blackberry for 2 years now and swear by it. Granted, I have multiple email addresses, and part of what makes the Blackberry a superior product is the fact that it's easy to set up email accounts, and you get all your messages (regardless of how many accounts you set up), including texts and voicemail notifications, in one tidy folder. Makes life much easier for me. My vote would be for the Blackberry product.

I've used a Blackberry for the last two years and have been very happy with mine. The several friends I have that own an iPhone, they like it, but it leaves a little to be desired as far as the GUI for typing, and the need to reboot it often.

Boooooooooo

I'm a Windows Mobile phone user, who's considering the Android in the next hardware implementation.

I know we've rapped about this before, and I know that the past-first generation Motorola Qs and other WM-based phones have come a long way (supposedly), but fool me once, blah blah blah. I had a horrible experience with my Motorola Q. Plain sucked ass.

I've used a Blackberry for the last two years and have been very happy with mine. The several friends I have that own an iPhone, they like it, but it leaves a little to be desired as far as the GUI for typing, and the need to reboot it often.

Yeah, I would consider getting the touch-screen Blackberry (Storm) only because you can flip it to landscape when typing a message, giving you a better keyboard.

Boooooooooo

I'm a Windows Mobile phone user, who's considering the Android in the next hardware implementation.

I'm a mac guy, but just went HDC Touch Pro with Windows Mobile 6.1. I like it a lot - push email and better browsing than Blackberry. Screen's a touch small but I went with the OS this time out...

i have them both and the iphone blows away the pearl. i've fooled around with the storm and it looks like it has potential. if you can get your work email on your iphone and you have a mac at home, i go iphone all the way here.

it's not just a device, it's a way of life.

I know we've rapped about this before, and I know that the past-first generation Motorola Qs and other WM-based phones have come a long way (supposedly), but fool me once, blah blah blah. I had a horrible experience with my Motorola Q. Plain sucked ass.

Yeah, I would consider getting the touch-screen Blackberry (Storm) only because you can flip it to landscape when typing a message, giving you a better keyboard.

My Q9C is alright. Gets me by without major gripes. Granted I don't use it for a ton of webserfing, but the email stuff is easy enough. :wacko:

i have them both and the iphone blows away the pearl. i've fooled around with the storm and it looks like it has potential. if you can get your work email on your iphone and you have a mac at home, i go iphone all the way here.

it's not just a device, it's a way of life.

:wacko:

I have three different emails running into my iPhone, in case there's concerns with multiple accounts.

My Q9C is alright. Gets me by without major gripes. Granted I don't use it for a ton of webserfing, but the email stuff is easy enough. :wacko:

If you do find that you have to do websurfing, I highly recommend dropping the dough to buy Opera for Windows Smartphone. It blows away PocketIE, which is a tremendous terdburger.

I think the coolest thing I do on my Q is run zaTelnet as an SSH client through a VPN tunnel so I can service our farm of machines from anywhere (tee box, toilet, champagne room).

All the PMs here have crackberries. We work closely with an architectural firm that uses i-phones. The only real complaint about the crackberry that I have is when you get an email attachment in a certain format (I think it is pdf) it is next to impossible to read, because by the time you zoom it enough to make the letters large enough to read they are so fuzzy you can't make out what they are. The i-phones are crystal clear. Aside from that I love my crackberry and the free Texas Hold'em game I was able to down load for it.

Overall, I'm just leery of the touch screen, just seems so much less positive than buttons. I can imagine having to go back and fix a ton of words.

surprisingly you pick up typing out words pretty quickly on the touch screen- and there is smart-type that works really well.

iphone is an awesome little device

typing on an iphone blows away typing on the pearl. the pearl has the 2 letters per key layout which is maddening. once you get the hang of the iphone, it's very easy. again, the storm looks promising, and it is a touchscreen as well.

And, like I mentioned earlier, the Storm can be turned landscape to offer a wider keyboard for those of us with - uh - larger fingers. :wacko:

But don't worry, iTon, I still think the iPhone is trick as all heck. I would love to have one... but for someone with multiple email accounts that loves having everything come to one folder, the Blackberry touch product is just a little better.

Android G1

its a gadget like the iPhone, but its Ubunto based, you can create your own applications if you have any programming savvy. 3G, tMobile. all pluses in my book. Crackberry is more business oriented, but I can still get all my email on the G1.

G1 is great. had it since Nov and still loving it.