[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Final offer to LT

HAUG

The Chargers have reportedly made LaDainian Tomlinson a "final offer" in negotiations to restructure his contract.

I say LT walks and is in Houston by next week. Thoughts?

Edited by HAUG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What other teams could possibly be interested in L.T. and provide him the opportunity to be the #1 RB? Baltimore? Arizona? New England? Cincinnati? What about L.T. running as a 2-headed monster with MJD in Jacksonville?

ETA: Haug also has a point with L.T. possibly sharing with Slaton is Houston.

Edited by irish

New Orleans, put him in there with Bush very confusing add Pierre to the mix add a little pinch of Brees passing= the perfect ingridients for the #1 offense in the NFL.

New Orleans, put him in there with Bush very confusing add Pierre to the mix add a little pinch of Brees passing= the perfect ingridients for the #1 offense in the NFL.

I thought about them but didn't see them providing enough of an opportunity for L.T. Although, maybe Tomlinson would view the Saints as one of the better teams to go to in regard to providing him a chance at a SB run. Then again, from the list I mentioned above so would the Patriots, Ravens, Cardinals and maybe even the Jags.

Sorry, but to me this ridiculous.

Are you suggesting that you think that LT would be hard pressed to land a #1 gig?

Well, what teams out there would give him the primary role and haven't already went out and spent money on bringing in other options? I listed some of those options above. Also some teams might be more interested in drafting one of the Top RBs in the draft rather than bring in LT for 1-3 years.

Then I began to think things through a bit more and maybe he would be open to more teams who already have a RB in place because they'd provide him the opportunity to win a SB.

Who knows how this turns out?

Edited by irish

I'm not sure where Cam Cameron is this season, but I would expect that the team he is employed by would make a run at LT.

I would also expect a few of the teams with subpar offenses to try and overpay in an attempt to catch lightning in a bottle (i.e. KC, NYJ, Balt, Det)

I'm not sure where Cam Cameron is this season, but I would expect that the team he is employed by would make a run at LT.

I would also expect a few of the teams with subpar offenses to try and overpay in an attempt to catch lightning in a bottle (i.e. KC, NYJ, Balt, Det)

I believe he is the Offensive Coordinator for the Ravens. I think the Ravens, as I mentioned before, could be an ideal location for him to go.

As much as I hate to see LT go, I really don't think this relationship can be mended with AJ. That being said, if LT really leaves San Diego, the Chargers better not pass up on Moreno in the draft at #16. I'm praying somebody takes Beanie Wells in front of us. I would HATE for Wells to be the new face of the Chargers.

Its a sad day regardless. LT is THE FACE of San Diego sports. There is nobody close right now and we'll be losing a hometown icon. I just can't imagine a majority of public opinion would be in favor of AJ Smith in the future. But...with THAT being said...drafting Moreno would re-open the window that is fastly closing for any SB run here in Chargerville.

A few things...

1. They already have the no.1 offense in the NFL.

2. They don't have a lot of money, and have holes on Defense.

3. Why pay a rb a lot of money to play on the best offense in the NFL as is when the defense is what needs help?

That makes zero sense at all.

A few things...

3. Why pay a rb a lot of money to play on the best offense in the NFL as is when the defense is what needs help?

+1

An interesting thought but this will not happen.

Here's the article off the Union-Tribune web Site

----------------------------------------------------------

Stay or go? Decision now in LT's hands

By Kevin Acee

Posted: 6:06 p.m. Friday March 6, 2009

It's been almost two weeks since the Chargers and LaDainian Tomlinson's agent began the back and forth of a contract restructure for the iconic running back.

The back and forth is finished.

This is up to Tomlinson now. It's a matter of whether he wants to play for less money in San Diego.

Information is coming in this saga like water from a drippy faucet. But my understanding is that Tomlinson has the Chargers' final offer.

That offer could be for two years or three years. Whatever it is, it will be for less money than the $24 million he is scheduled to make by 2011. What form the new money takes (signing bonus, roster bonus, incentives) is not known.

We heard Thursday on 1090-AM from Tomlinson's mother that it's not promising Tomlinson will remain a Charger. Even before that, every indication I had gotten privately from those who know Tomlinson was that he was gone.

What does that mean? I have no confidence that I know.

But we do know that at this point it's up to him whether he wants to stay and play for less money.

Here's the article off the Union-Tribune web Site

----------------------------------------------------------

Stay or go? Decision now in LT's hands

By Kevin Acee

Posted: 6:06 p.m. Friday March 6, 2009

It's been almost two weeks since the Chargers and LaDainian Tomlinson's agent began the back and forth of a contract restructure for the iconic running back.

The back and forth is finished.

This is up to Tomlinson now. It's a matter of whether he wants to play for less money in San Diego.

Information is coming in this saga like water from a drippy faucet. But my understanding is that Tomlinson has the Chargers' final offer.

That offer could be for two years or three years. Whatever it is, it will be for less money than the $24 million he is scheduled to make by 2011. What form the new money takes (signing bonus, roster bonus, incentives) is not known.

We heard Thursday on 1090-AM from Tomlinson's mother that it's not promising Tomlinson will remain a Charger. Even before that, every indication I had gotten privately from those who know Tomlinson was that he was gone.

What does that mean? I have no confidence that I know.

But we do know that at this point it's up to him whether he wants to stay and play for less money.

I am not familiar with the internal operations of the Chargers or the relationship they have with LT, but I am guessing he will most likely stay in San Diego. LT is looking for 2 things: a ring and the rushing title. Going to AZ or NE may get him the ring, but he would not get the yards needed to become the rushing leader. SD offers him a chance for a ring AND will feature him enough to still make a run at the rushing title. While BALT would be OK, he would still see a bunch of 8 man fronts since they have no big time WR and they also run a committee there with McClain, Rice and McGahee. Again, I am not familir with the ins and outs, but unless his feelings are hurt beyond repair, he should stay.

I am not familiar with the internal operations of the Chargers or the relationship they have with LT, but I am guessing he will most likely stay in San Diego. LT is looking for 2 things: a ring and the rushing title. Going to AZ or NE may get him the ring, but he would not get the yards needed to become the rushing leader. SD offers him a chance for a ring AND will feature him enough to still make a run at the rushing title. While BALT would be OK, he would still see a bunch of 8 man fronts since they have no big time WR and they also run a committee there with McClain, Rice and McGahee. Again, I am not familir with the ins and outs, but unless his feelings are hurt beyond repair, he should stay.

If LT comes to Zonia I know Mr. Ken will run him like crazy. This would make our offense the perfect balance. All we need him for is two good years, which is probably all he has left in him.

If LT comes to Zonia I know Mr. Ken will run him like crazy. This would make our offense the perfect balance. All we need him for is two good years, which is probably all he has left in him.

I initially thought the same, however caught criticism from a good friend who didn't figure the Bidwells would pay LT the money it might take to get to the desert. I personally don't see how they could see right past him (assuming he doesn't accept San Diego's deal) considering their Super Bowl berth and their current roster (with or without Boldin, actually), and the fact that Edge is their primary rusher. You think there's a better-than-speculative chance this happens?

On the surface, this makes a lot of sense. However, given their pass-first mentality he may not be that interested.

With LT's pass-catching prowess, I think he'd be an excellent weapon out of the backfield when Boldin/Fitz have taken the secondary deep, leaving LT to abuse LBs one-on-one.

15 rushes, 5 catches per game, and he'd be HUGH in ARZ. And I think he'd be more than happy with that kind of involvement.

A few things...

Actually, with the cap adjustments the Saint may have a lot more room than reported. That's not to say they would spend it on LT, but they have shown interest.

In a radio interview with XX 1090 AM, Drew Brees admitted to conversing with former teammate LaDainian Tomlinson about the possibility of LT joining the Saints if the opportunity arises.

Sounds more and more like he's gonna be a Saint.