[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Girl Scout Cookies

tazinib1

My daughters have a bunch of little friends that are girl scouts. As much as I enjoy the cookies I bought a ton this year because each parent hit me up and I felt funny saying I bought already. No complaints. They came in and my kids are going to town on them. One thing that is bugging me a little but I am holding off and keeping faith in humanity. A guy and his daughter knocked on my door selling them and collected upfront. I know I bought a box or 2 from this kid. Ill hold out and hope they show up but if not its pretty weak. Its not the 7 bucks its just the principle.

Edited by whomper

One thing that is bugging me a little but I am holding off and keeping faith in humanity. A guy and his daughter knocked on my door selling them and collected upfront. I know I bought a box or 2 from this kid. Ill hold out and hope they show up but if not its pretty weak. Its not the 7 bucks its just the principle.

I didn't think they were allowed to go door-to-door anymore? :wacko:

Every one of them around here sets up shop in front of grocery stores and sells the boxes right then and there....no ordering.

The Mrs. brought some home the other night. Knowing this, I hit the weights for a half hour, went on a 3 mile run, came home, fired up a J then plowed through an entire box of Tagalongs in about an hour. Pure bliss.

Edited by yo mama

I didn't think they were allowed to go door-to-door anymore? :wacko:

Every one of them around here sets up shop in front of grocery stores and sells the boxes right then and there....no ordering.

Did I get hoodwinked by a little girl ? :D

My daughters have a bunch of little friends that are girl scouts. As much as I enjoy the cookies I bought a ton this year because each parent hit me up and I felt funny saying I bought already. No complaints. They came in and my kids are going to town on them. One thing that is bugging me a little but I am holding off and keeping faith in humanity. A guy and his daughter knocked on my door selling them and collected upfront. I know I bought a box or 2 from this kid. Ill hold out and hope they show up but if not its pretty weak. Its not the 7 bucks its just the principle.

My daughter is in the brownies & they are not allowed to take the money up front. I wouldn't expect to see that money again. Gotta wonder at those prices just how much they made off the scam. As far as I know none of the big fundraisers ask for the money up front & I know people who've gotten scammed before.

Didn't they reduce the number of cookies in a box this year?

No, but the prices went up again.

BTW

1. Tagalongs

2. Samoas

3. All the rest

:sigh: I picked a bad time of the year to stop eating sweets. :D

My wife brought home 12 boxes last week and they're nearly gone. Freakin' kids with high metabolisms. :wacko:

Word.

Not GS Cookies, but when those Keebler fudge wafer stick cookies are on sale, I stock up big time. I can down a package in a single sitting no problem.

A tall glass of cold milk and a package of those and it's on.

Word.

Not GS Cookies, but when those Keebler fudge wafer stick cookies are on sale, I stock up big time. I can down a package in a single sitting no problem.

A tall glass of cold milk and a package of those and it's on.

The fudge grahams are my fave. Try putting them in the fridge before consumption. Mmmmmmmmmmm!

My daughter is in the brownies & they are not allowed to take the money up front. I wouldn't expect to see that money again. Gotta wonder at those prices just how much they made off the scam. As far as I know none of the big fundraisers ask for the money up front & I know people who've gotten scammed before.

No, but the prices went up again.

BTW

1. Tagalongs

2. Samoas

3. All the rest

They did lower the number of cookies per box.

Damn economy.

http://www.girlscoutcookiesabc.com/about.asp

ABC Bakers is the oldest and most experienced licensed Girl Scout Cookie baker. We became "Official Girl Scout Cookie Bakers" in 1939; just two years after the first sale of commercially baked Girl Scout cookies took place. ABC is part of Interbake Foods LLC, a Richmond, Virginia based manufacturer that has been baking cookies and crackers for 100 years.

Let me tell you, I have rode by this place while it was making Girl Scout cookies. It smells incredible. It's right on Broad Street Road in the middle of town and is awesome. I wish you could sample them just out of the oven. I can only imagine.

Had my fix a while back. Go through them pretty quickly when in hand. :wacko:

$4 per box here, same as last year. Does the price vary from region to region?

By the way, Dreyers makes ice cream with girl scout cookies in them.

Had the Samoas and the Tagalongs. Both good, the Samoas better. Haven't tried the thin mint version.

Had my fix a while back. Go through them pretty quickly when in hand. :wacko:

$4 per box here, same as last year. Does the price vary from region to region?

By the way, Dreyers makes ice cream with girl scout cookies in them.

Had the Samoas and the Tagalongs. Both good, the Samoas better. Haven't tried the thin mint version.

$3.50 here.

Plain old vanilla with ground up frozen thin mints is awesome.

I can't keep up with these things, but I think hoodwinked has been racist for awhile now?

:2cents:

:wacko::D:D:D

You F'n kill me dude!

:D:2cents::2cents::2cents: