[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The frisbee golfers were out in full force today

detlef

Took off early from work today because it was such a nice day and took my dogs to the park (where there happens to be a frisbee golf course). Let's just say, ending up at the frisbee golf course at 4:20 on April 20th...

It was like some gawd damned holiday or something.

Edited by detlef

Took off early from work today because it was such a nice day and took my dogs to the park (where there happens to be a frisbee golf course). Let's just say, ending up at the frisbee golf course at 4:20 on April 20th...

It was like some gawd damned holiday or something.

Disc golf is some fun schmidt. :wacko:

One of my brother's friend's from high school actually played frisbee golf semi-professionally... something like that. I'm sure there is not much money in it, but apparently he made a bit to supplement his barrista lifestyle.

The fact that there is semi-professional frisbee golf, tells me that problem with the US today isn't banks or mortgage failures, but people just don't work enough. Obviously they have way to much free time on their hands if they play it well enough to be semi-pro, or if they actually watch it being played, which one would assume someone has to watch if they are going to make any money off of it.

The fact that there is semi-professional frisbee golf, tells me that problem with the US today isn't banks or mortgage failures, but people just don't work enough. Obviously they have way to much free time on their hands if they play it well enough to be semi-pro, or if they actually watch it being played, which one would assume someone has to watch if they are going to make any money off of it.

As long as you don't think regular golf is any more legit, I hear you. That said, when someone refers to a "Semi-pro" disc golfer, it means dude probably gets sponsored by a manufacturer to the tune of a few grand a year. Like golf, much of the money (albeit way less in total) is in selling equipment to other enthusiasts.

How do I know? Not because I'm remotely good at the game or have played much. But Santa Cruz, CA has one of the best known courses and I had a noodle shop somewhat nearby so I knew some of these types.

Oh, and like regular golf, it's a hell of a lot harder than it looks.

you getting any coin for them using you like that "charlie hong kong?"

Nope, sold them the name along with everything else. To be completely honest, they guy who bought it from me was far better equipped to run a fast food place than I was and is responsible for far more of it's continued success than anything I did. In most cases, a name and a bunch of recipes is worth way less than people tend to think. It was completely out of my league and I was eager to get out.

It was my first foray away from white table cloth and I really didn't enjoy it at all.

Nope, sold them the name along with everything else. To be completely honest, they guy who bought it from me was far better equipped to run a fast food place than I was and is responsible for far more of it's continued success than anything I did. In most cases, a name and a bunch of recipes is worth way less than people tend to think. It was completely out of my league and I was eager to get out.

It was my first foray away from white table cloth and I really didn't enjoy it at all.

sounds on the level to me. i have only dipped out of fine dining once and really didn't enjoy it.