[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft beer headache?

rajncajn

Why is it when I drink draft beer I always get a headache? I've read all kind of explanations on the internet & none fit, but it's obvious from the search hits that it's a very common problem.

Some of the excuses I've read:

1. The beer may be colder & giving you a cold headache. :wacko:

2. Draft beer is usually drank in loud smoky places. (so how does that explain the headache when it's not?)

3. It's because alcohol is toxic. (so alcohol from a tap is toxic, but from a bottle it's not?)

4. It's because alcohol dehydrates you. (so alcohol from a tap dehydrates me, but from a bottle it doesn't?)

5. It's because you typically drink more when at a bar. (I can drink one tap beer & get a headache)

6. It's because the bars don't clean their lines. :D (that doesn't explain beer from a keg)

7. It's because of the CO2 that is injected with the beer. (seems the only plausible possibility, but not sure why that would cause a headache)

Dont drink crappy skunky beer.

Problem solved! :D

8. It's the "crappy, skunky" beer you drink. :wacko:( I quit buying cheap beer when I could start buying it for myself.)

Edited by rajncajn

Hmm . . . I always drink Guinness when it is on tap, and rarely have a hangover afterwards.

Hell, when I go fishing the dive bars we frequent usually only have Schlitz on tap, and I end up just fine the next day.

What draft beer gives you headaches? All of it?

Hmm . . . I always drink Guinness when it is on tap, and rarely have a hangover afterwards.

Hell, when I go fishing the dive bars we frequent usually only have Schlitz on tap, and I end up just fine the next day.

What draft beer gives you headaches? All of it?

All of it and it's not a hangover headache, it usually comes on as my buzz is wearing off. Even now that I don't drink as much I rarely ever end up with a hangover.

Budweiser generates an immediate headache, probably because it's like cat piss. Other beers are better but the bottom line, Rajn, is you're getting old and can't take it any more. :wacko:

9. It's the quality of beer. (see #8 above)

10. It's your age. (I've always been like that even when I drank heavily. It's just back then I drank enough so that I didn't care. :D)

Edited by rajncajn

Why is it when I drink draft beer I always get a headache? I've read all kind of explanations on the internet & none fit, but it's obvious from the search hits that it's a very common problem.

Could be swine flu. Have you traveled recently?

My husband gets very sick from beer. He gets headaches as bad as migraines the next day and throws up all day-typical to someone with alcohol posioning. Beer from tap or micorbrews are the worst. Homemade beer is really bad.

The problem is he doesn't know it until the next day. Sometimes only two micro beers will do it. Sometimes he can have 4 and be fine. I have noticed if he drinks a glass of water between each beer it helps. I don't know if it slows down the consumption so his body can absorb it or if it keeps him hydrated. The same thing can happen with wine or hard liquor but he had to had 4 or more drinks in an evening for that to happen.

He has had the same thing has happened when he's been out in the sun all day even with no alcohol, if he doesn't stay hydrated. One time it happened when he was in a lot of stress at work.