[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Land of the Lost

Savage Beatings

But when we were kids, we didn't notice the horrid acting. Sleestaks rock!!

I wish that I could understand that. I loved this show when I was a kid. I think the whole idea was a upperdeck homerun for sure. However, when I have watched a re-run I just sit and wonder what sort of MOMO I must have been. :wacko:

My kids never could get into the show. I guess TV effects just got so much better over the years that their eyes just could not be fooled even if we new it was not real and just pretending.

The effects are bad, of course. But the show it strikingly similiar to LOST. Jungles, backpacks, time travel, magic pylons, weirdos dropping in on the "island" monsters, temples, hidden rooms with things needing to be controlled by people or sleestaks or crystals or whatever.

Deal with it...it's LOST but with resolution each week.

Got sucked into it too this weekend. My kids though I was nuts. I too think it was very "Lost" like....

One thing I noticed that I never had when I watched it as a kid... the theme song says Marshall, Will and Holly on a routine expedition (or something to that effect) The Dad's name was Rick not Marshall (which was their last name). Hmmmmm....

Any one remember the updated version in 1990's.. new family and they met a girl that was from the 1960's.

Might have to check out the new Will Ferrell movie...

I watched about 10 minutes of it. We both agreed that we hadn't seen it since 1975 and we don't remember it being that cheesy. Was everything from the 70's that cheesy? :wacko:

Sid & Marty Krofft gave every child a preview of what it was like to be on dope with their shows.

ETA: And yes, I'll see the Will Ferrell movie.

Edited by TimC

Awesome topic - I caught a bit of it yesterday and thought about posting a topic on it.

The 5 minutes I caught was the episode where Holly had a "ghost" and it could not talk until Holly let the figure be part of her - it had a really bad image of Holly supeimposed and the would float and be part of Holly so the figure could talk.

When I saw that I culd not believe I actually watched that show - I do remember that episode from many many years ago though.

It was brutal... I had it on, off and on, for a couple hours worth while I was playin' on the computer.

As a kid in the 70's I thought it was ok... I mean, I watched it because back in the day before cable, when we had half a dozen channels, there wasn't sh*t on after school, so you watched the Kroft's and the Banana Splits and stuff...remember "Danger Island"... Uh oh Chongo!! ?.... but Holly was always crazy sexy :wacko: