[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TV Shows

darin3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I hate to admit it, but my wife and I still watch the Real World shows/challenges religiously. :wacko:

I watch the "Real World" sometimes, but, it has gone downhill

I never miss Real World / Road Rules Challenges, as I love the competitions. Great show.

I almost bust a gut laughing last week when Denis Leary broke the door banging his ex. It is some of the most creative writing going on TV right now. A big :wacko: to Rescue Me. The funniest part is that the show he did just before this, The Job, I thought was much better. It was basically Rescue Me but with cops instead of firefighters.

Will Ferrell is going out in the wild with Bear Grylls next Tuesday, I ain't missing that sh..it! :D

Done.

werd- Rescue Me is off the charts - one of my favorite shows over the past 4-5 years- an absolute must watch.

Ultimate Fighter

How I Met Your Mother

Southland - new LA cop chow on NBC I am digging it.

Been meaning to DVR this one for quite some time, but looks like it conflicts with another show I have set to record :wacko: so I'll have to pass on it for now. The wife would be pretty pissed if I bogarted the TV without even being home (I work on Monday nights). :D

Done.

Been meaning to DVR this one for quite some time, but looks like it conflicts with another show I have set to record :wacko: so I'll have to pass on it for now. The wife would be pretty pissed if I bogarted the TV without even being home (I work on Monday nights). :D

record em both - are you not able to DVR 2 shows at a time?

Barney Stinson is legend..................ary

Top Gear on BBC America is a fantastic show, even if you're not a gearhead. Funny and inventive... and also cool cars.

awesome show!

New Season of WIPEOUT started this week. I couldn't stop laughing with the new obstacles the put in. I was almost in tears. If you don't mind "no think" TV, this will keep one will keep you occupied! And the commentary is hysterical. John Hanson has that "dry" delivery down pat.

love that show!

Only watch a couple of network shows - How I met your Mother and The Big Bang Theory - both sitcoms on Monday night - CBS.

:wacko: The only 2 scripted shows I watch.

New Season of WIPEOUT started this week. I couldn't stop laughing with the new obstacles the put in. I was almost in tears. If you don't mind "no think" TV, this will keep one will keep you occupied! And the commentary is hysterical. John Henson has that "dry" delivery down pat.

Am I the only person who thought he was funnier than Greg Kinnear on Talk Soup?

Well, if you like the reality shows...I've always enjoyed Big Brother during the summers. Kind of like Survivor, except the wimmins can take showers every day and wear bikini's around the house all day. :wacko:

I'm a BB junkie. It's stupid but incredibly entertaining.

If netflix is an options, give a peak to...

Jericho, Arrested Developement, Dexter, BSG, Sportsnight or Deadwood if you haven't seen these. (no specific order)

I really like Dexter, the friendly neighborhood forensic serial killer and I believe it starts up on showtime this sunday if I'm not mistaken.

record em both - are you not able to DVR 2 shows at a time?

Barney Stinson is legend..................ary

i can, but with our cable system / dvr, you have to be watching one of the shows being recorded if you're doing 2 at a time... or watch something that's already recorded...

i can, but with our cable system / dvr, you have to be watching one of the shows being recorded if you're doing 2 at a time... or watch something that's already recorded...

or you can just turn the idyet box off for a half hour and dvr them both...............

the shows I have enjoyed over the last few years are (in no particular order) . . .

Castle (cop show)

Burn Notice (on USA, GREAT show!)

Sons of Anarchy ( FX)

The Shield (absolutely great drama)

Top Chef, Iron Chef, etc (I am in the biz)

Gangland (history channel that focuses on rise and fall of gangs)

Deadliest Catch

and I try to catch the Daily Show and the Colbert Report every night on Comedy Central . . .

or you can just turn the idyet box off for a half hour and dvr them both...............

Read the entire string and you'd figure out that I'm not home during that time and don't want to force my wife to have to watch one of those shows while she's home. :wacko:

New season of Ice Road Truckers starts tonite! :wacko:

I just now realized that I hate that show!!! Don't get me wrong, it was okay for a few episodes, but I really, really hate reality tv. I guess I just don't find people as interesting as I do things like science and history. I don't know that I'm really that much against the show, I just wish it was on a different channel! Doesn't it seem more suited for like the travel channel, or spike, or something? Right about 9pm I usually turn on the history channel and watch while I post a thing or two here before getting into bed. I watch a while longer and doze off. Sure, enough, I turn to the history channel tonight, and the open for Ice Road Truckers starts blaring. Oh joy. I really hope Comedy Central isn't showing Dane Cook again.

I really, really hate reality tv.

I know i led in with "I am a reality TV show junkie" in my OP, but at the same time, I'm also a little flabbergasted that there are simply SO many of them, on EVERY channel.... Animal Planet, Bravo, Food Network, frickin' Oxygen for God's sake... I guess the premise is easy: select 10-20 random people, who you won't have to pay a dime (unless they "win"), in most cases.... hire some has-been, snarky tool to be the "host" (whose job simply consisting of telling these 10-20 losers what their "challenges" are).... group shot to start the show, some kind of quick challenge, interview several of the contestants one-on-one, one contestant wins, gets some kind of prize.... show contestants in "home" situation, interview a couple more.... elimination challenge... then some kind of ominous-music-laden "sending home ceremony"... rinse, repeat. :wacko:

My wife had Animal Planet on last night. Apparently there's a reality TV show for frickin' dog groomers. And it's in its THIRD season. :D 'nuff said.

I know i led in with "I am a reality TV show junkie" in my OP, but at the same time, I'm also a little flabbergasted that there are simply SO many of them, on EVERY channel.... Animal Planet, Bravo, Food Network, frickin' Oxygen for God's sake... I guess the premise is easy: select 10-20 random people, who you won't have to pay a dime (unless they "win"), in most cases.... hire some has-been, snarky tool to be the "host" (whose job simply consisting of telling these 10-20 losers what their "challenges" are).... group shot to start the show, some kind of quick challenge, interview several of the contestants one-on-one, one contestant wins, gets some kind of prize.... show contestants in "home" situation, interview a couple more.... elimination challenge... then some kind of ominous-music-laden "sending home ceremony"... rinse, repeat. :wacko:

My wife had Animal Planet on last night. Apparently there's a reality TV show for frickin' dog groomers. And it's in its THIRD season. :D 'nuff said.

Tell me about it!!! The freakin' Golf Channel has reality tv!!!

My wife DVRed - and watched - this silly celebrity survivor type of show last night. :wacko: I fell asleep.

"I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here"........ I watched it this morning, as I had it on DVR. It wasn't too bad. Like you, I admit that I do like some reality shows. :D I like ones that have lots of competitions, so, this one might be decent.