[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I upgradrd to a crackberry curve

polksalet

before this the most powerful fone ive had is a razr. You can imagine what i think of this thing.

Blackberrys are trick, especially if you use more than one email address regularly. I do, and it handles them - and texts - like a charm.... all going to one central inbox. That is invaluable to me.

Web browsing is decent; at least far better than my previous Blackberry.

My only complaints, so far, are that when dialing a number, sometimes it will insert the letter on the key instead of the number. Also, it doesn't allow you to hang up a call and quickly make another call. You have to give a little pause, or it will say "call failed".

I have a blackberry pearl and cant stand it.

How is the battery power on the curve so far?

not impressed so far, it a definite charge every day item

not impressed so far, it a definite charge every day item

:wacko: Not mine. I mean, in the beginning it wasn't. It might be becoming so now as the battery performance dwindles slightly. But uh, use the auto on/off and/or plug it in at night and you're golden.

IMO the pearl is a POS . . . I constantly have issues with jolting that causes it to shut down and some of the features are not very user friendly . .

polka do you sync your blackberry to outlook mail/calendar and charge it through your USB port too?

IMO the pearl is a POS . . . I constantly have issues with jolting that causes it to shut down and some of the features are not very user friendly . .

polka do you sync your blackberry to outlook mail/calendar and charge it through your USB port too?

The pearl is definitely crap. The curve is pretty weak too. The world edition is fairly solid, except no camera phone.

The Bold looks pretty solid. We can't get them yet through Verizon(In Pittsburgh).

Bold

My biggest complaint is the actual phone quality. As a PDA it can't be beat, as a phone...not good.

Have the curve also. Buttons are a bit small for my fingers so I do fat finger a lot of things.

Darin, how do you get multiple email address? I tried a few months ago with no success, thought maybe it was becasue I'm on my corporate network but I could just be messing it up.

It's hard to send texts to multiple people though which I hate.

OH and battery power fine, probably every 3 days but then again I don't use it for phone very much, mainly email and some text.

Edited by chiefjay

OH and battery power fine, probably every 3 days but then again I don't use it for phone very much, mainly email and some text.

Agree with battery power, mine seems fine.. blows the Q out of the water. I only have to charge daily if I have given it heavy use.

As for texts, if you have a regular group you are sending to, you can creat groups in the address book, otherwise, yes, it is a bit time consuming but I don't know that I've really seen any phone that is much better in that regard.

Have the curve also. Buttons are a bit small for my fingers so I do fat finger a lot of things.

Darin, how do you get multiple email address? I tried a few months ago with no success, thought maybe it was becasue I'm on my corporate network but I could just be messing it up.

:wacko: If you can't figure out how to set up another email on a Blackberry, uh....

I think you just go to "E-mail Setup" and select "new email" or something. It is painfully easy. :D

Whether or not you have a corporate email on the phone should not matter. I have a Gmail account as well as a corporate email. All to one inbox, with texts, etc.

I don't think it's that hard to send texts to multiple people. Select first recipient, hit the BB button, hit "Add Recipient", select who you want, repeat.

Battery was awesome the first few months, getting a little less effective.

It can't really be called a crackberry, can it?

:wacko: If you can't figure out how to set up another email on a Blackberry, uh....

I think you just go to "E-mail Setup" and select "new email" or something. It is painfully easy. :D

Whether or not you have a corporate email on the phone should not matter. I have a Gmail account as well as a corporate email. All to one inbox, with texts, etc.

I don't think it's that hard to send texts to multiple people. Select first recipient, hit the BB button, hit "Add Recipient", select who you want, repeat.

Battery was awesome the first few months, getting a little less effective.

yeah I did all that with the email set up but for some reason it didn't take so I abandon'd it. Will try again at some point.

Just be nice to just click all the people you want to text instead of adding a recipient for each person over and over.

I don't use outlook.

I've got an HTC Mogul Pocket PC. Thought it was toast as it stopped working a few days ago but took it in and they reset the op system. Was kind of looking forward to a new phone after just about 2 years, but truth is this does pretty much everything and anything I could want.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

On my old pda if i was sending a text that was too long it would automatically just put the message into 2 texts. I can't seem to figure out how to do that on the blackberry. Just seems to stop me at the last character and I have to start a new text if i want to continue. Anyone have any luck with that?

Mine's cool except I only get about 1 of every 5 emails for some reason. It's handled a charge well so far. I ass dialed Perch all weekend last week for some reason.

Gee, which response works best for this...

A) was it on vibrate, 'cause that could explain alot

:wacko: is that what you guys are calling it these days, and what does that have to do with a blackberry

C) was this a "planned" thing between the two of you