[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ed Hardy clothing--I don't get it

wiegie

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use excessive hair gel, have neon lights underneath the BMW you got from your trust fund cash, have a tribal arm band tattoo, work out at least 7 times a week, call everyone "bro" (and I mean everyone), go to tanning salons, wear jewelry (including earrings) and drink nothing but energy drinks, and date strippers, you may like Ed Hardy clothing.

If you use excessive hair gel, have neon lights underneath the BMW you got from your trust fund cash, have a tribal arm band tattoo, work out at least 7 times a week, call everyone "bro" (and I mean everyone), go to tanning salons, wear jewelry (including earrings) and drink nothing but energy drinks, and date strippers, you may like Ed Hardy clothing.

I think darin is stalking me.

It's like wearing a big neon sign that says, "I'm the most f'ed up person in the room. Wanna dance?"

One of my wine reps came in with some pretty crappy juice in special Ed Hardy bottles. Stuff wasn't crazy expensive but cost about 2x more than it should considering the quality of the juice. I asked her if she was freaking crazy.

BTW, my wife and I were doing some "market research" by hitting an upscale Mexican joint in downtown Raleigh. It was more clubby than our place will be, but whatever. At any rate, there was a guy a few bar seats down with one of these Ts on and Darin completely nailed the description. Too big not to be on the juice, girlfriend with a fake rack, frosted tips... Right down to the fact that he was drinking a red bull with his freaking tacos! :wacko:

Thing is, I get spending more on clothes. In many cases, they just fit better. But this crap, along with distressed jeans that cost like $250 is absolute insanity. My cousin in laws' husband rocks those silly assed jeans with the pockets half torn off or the knees worn out. Dude, you're 40 freaking years old.

Edited by detlef

Think of how many dumbass people got those stupid barbed wire tattoos around their biceps back in the 90s. Nothing says I'm a sheep more. :wacko:

I'm sort of amused by thinking about the people who were among the very first to get those tattoos. At the time, they sort of were on the cutting edge but now they are completely indistinguishable from all of the other tools. :D

I'll buy name brand stuff if it's quality - 90% of the "in" stuff out there is crap. I want to throttle my daugher when she drops big coin on cheap clothes. :wacko:

+1

I'll buy quality, but a T-shirt is a T-shirt. I'll buy name brand expensive shoes and watches, because they last so much longer, but I'm not going to throw my money away just to be trendy.

nailed it...

there is a guy that works here that wears that Affliction brand shirts everyday and everyone hates him because he is such a major tool

I understand where you're going, but that is simply not that true.

Wear a Calida or Sunspel T and you'll understand. This place sells them cheap.

I have a few nicer t-shirts, so I know what you mean, but none that are more than $20.

Speaking of shirts that piss you off. I used to buy a lot of Polo by Ralph Lauren polo shirts. They last forever I actually have some that are 15 years old that I still wear from time to time. The thin that pisses me off, is it seems they are making them smaller and smaller. I can fit very comfortably in a XL that I bought 5 years ago, but a XXL is very tight, tighter than some of the L's I bought 5 or 6 years ago. It is particularly tight in the sleeves. Really makes me mad, because I always thought they were a great value, but I won't be buying any more of them.

Speaking of shirts that piss you off. I used to buy a lot of Polo by Ralph Lauren polo shirts. They last forever I actually have some that are 15 years old that I still wear from time to time. The thin that pisses me off, is it seems they are making them smaller and smaller. I can fit very comfortably in a XL that I bought 5 years ago, but a XXL is very tight, tighter than some of the L's I bought 5 or 6 years ago. It is particularly tight in the sleeves. Really makes me mad, because I always thought they were a great value, but I won't be buying any more of them.

its the slim fit. f'ing sucks.

Perch, I'm with you on that. They have definitely weirded up their sizes. :wacko: