[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wasn't going to do this, but...

rocknrobn26

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just never know.

I have a terrible family history of heart disease. I've a grandfather and an uncle that died before they were 45 from heart attacks. My dad and another uncle have both had heart attacks and bipass. A few year ago I had shooting pains down my left arm and chest pains. Scared the crap out of me. I did stress tests, nothing. They even did an exploratory cath, and said my heart was in very good shape. Turns out it wasn't my ticker, but two separate issues. I have some nerve damage in my neck that will make my arm have shooting pains at times, and also make it go numb at times, and I have acid reflux.

About 5 years ago, had an uncle go in for a stress test. He passed it with flying colors, and then had a heart attack as he was paying his bill on the way out. I can't think of a better place to have a heart attack if you are going to have one. He is fine now, after a triple bipass.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I wish I could reply to all, but...

I think you're gonna look awesome after a few rounds of steroids.

No seriously though... take care of yourself and get better.

:2cents: Yeah...I need to put on a few pounds. :2cents:

my late stepdad (born the same year as you, tom) had bouts with gout. you'd have to know how he was to really get the full humorous effect, but one of his famous quotes was that gout was 10 times more painful than childbirth. :D in any case, I'm sure it ain't fun. my thoughts are with you.

and take care of that ticker!

:2cents:

It's also like taking your shoe off w/ a meat grinder.

T

I know we just talked about this over the phone....you know what I'm going to say, but I'm not going to say it.

I will call you on Friday. Good luck, pal.

And you KNOW I appreciate that. TY, my very good friend! :D

Dang it rockn! You stop that!

Vibes comin' you way.... and I will call you on Fri.

Hope that I can. We'll be talkin'.

rr, this just came out this morning.........

appears to touch on both of your issues......good luck!

My regular doc (jeez...I have so many DOCS! :D ) told me about that. New drugs....cures one thing and aggravates another. *sigh* We'll see.

I had a similar scare a couple of weeks ago. Had a pain in my left shoulder, arm and chest. Thought i just pulled a muscle. Doc at urgent care insisted i go to the ER. ER doc said he wanted to rule out the heart and the only way was a stress test. Talked me into spending the night in the ER so i could have the test 1st thing in the AM (only way they could get me in right away). I reluctantly agreed and blew the test away the next day. The administering doc asked me several times during the test if i was sure i had, had a heart attack in the past and i assured him i did. Told me i was in great shape and and that my test revealed no signs of any problems. 10 minutes after i got back to the ER, doc came in and said I probably just pulled a muscle in my neck and gave me a prescription for motrin and sent me home.

Here's to you blowing your test away and getting good news like i did.

All the best my friend.

Dammit.... :wacko: why didn't you call/email/post here/carrier pigeon/ etc.? :D Never do that again...I/WE CARE!!!

Glad it turned out well. TY for best wishes.

Scooby,

You are too sweet. TY! We WILL meet one day (My bro lives in Houston and w/ 3 kids a wedding is highly likely.), and then you will see if your vision of me is correct. :2cents:

Czar:

Sounds to me like you're just trying to get Mrs. RR to give you a little extra TLC.

:2cents: I have no need for extra TLC. Mrs. rr is a goddess.

Thanks for the laugh though.

oh, and my Dad just got a stent put in, not a drinker or smoker, maybe a Shiner Bock on the weekends, no warning signs other than shortness of breath while working the cattle, or hauling hay--aka, hard labor, he says he felt fine then, but of course, he's Polish and they never admit to any serious health issues. He says all is good, like a new man, and the Doc said to keep up the physical activity

Once you get on the treadmill, remember it's not a race.

Always sending you good vibes, I'll step it up a notch this week. These tests are good things. Say you need a stint or bypass or the balloon my Dad just got done (he was out of the hospital either the next day or the day after), not great news but better to find out in a clinical setting and take it easy until the procedure (if you even need one) than finding out in an emergency situation, 20 miles from a hospital during a Chicago rush hour.

You listen to your doctor and take it easy the next few days while we vibe yer a$$ up. Yeah, I know how that sounds. It stings at first but once you relax, it's like butter without the butter.

:wacko:

If anyone deserves great vibes, it's you RR! I'm not sure I've ever seen (read) you argue or be nasty on here. Your MO is mediating and offering polite kindness, so you will definitely get all my positive energy heading your way! Stay well, be safe and I wish you all the best RR!

lol!! You're a true yankee--don't you people realize we don't have basements in the south!!!

correct, and houses that advertise as having basements actually have a "basement" as the ground level and there is a full flight of stairs in the front of the house leading to the front door on the first floor which is actually the second level.

Here's wishing you the best, Tom!

I had a super-hawt nurse to shave my groin when I had my 2 stents put in after the heart attack 2 years ago. And the stress tests were worse than the stent surgery by a mile. You barely feel anything during stent surgery but relief they caught the blockage in time. Just had my 2nd follow-up stress test yesterday. You hang in there. :wacko: