[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Camping

nuke'em ttg

I've got great memories of campin with the folks but never have done it with my kids, i guess because i worked outside allday and my Daughter always said she didn't want to......for some reason rentin a Pop-Up Camper and just kickin it at the site sounds awesome for 3-4 days :wacko:

We camped with the kids. And my kids have continued on with camping with theirs. The big difference between when we had the kids out camping and how the kids camp is that our camping didn't involve tents, campers, or rv's. We backpacked and slept under the stars. LOL

I've got great memories of campin with the folks but never have done it with my kids, i guess because i worked outside allday and my Daughter always said she didn't want to......for some reason rentin a Pop-Up Camper and just kickin it at the site sounds awesome for 3-4 days :wacko:

A pop up? What's wrong with you? Get a tent. :D

We're very low level campers. I won't camp in bad weather, therefore I don't generally go too far from home. I want to be able to escape it when it's really bad. Nothing I hate more than breaking down a site in the pouring rain.

We go maybe 1-2 times a summer for a couple days.

A pop up? What's wrong with you? Get a tent. :D

We're very low level campers. I won't camp in bad weather, therefore I don't generally go too far from home. I want to be able to escape it when it's really bad. Nothing I hate more than breaking down a site in the pouring rain.

We go maybe 1-2 times a summer for a couple days.

:D tent could be an option but just relivin the days in the Pop-up sounds better :wacko:

Go for it; any camping is good camping. I have fond memories of the grandparents and their RV, but the best is backpacking.

We camped with the kids. And my kids have continued on with camping with theirs. The big difference between when we had the kids out camping and how the kids camp is that our camping didn't involve tents, campers, or rv's. We backpacked and slept under the stars. LOL

John Riggins campin doesn't sound real good right now :wacko:

We don't camp much anymore now that the girls are all grown up. But, they have VERY fond memories of our camping trips when they were little (as do I of course). We still watch the old videos of it all the time. Good stuff...take your kids camping, its great. Also, we never had a "camper", tenting only and it was fun.

We go camping into the BWCA for 4 days every year on the second weekend of May and DO NOT bring the women with. This year we woke up on Saturday morning wth high winds and a dusting of snow on the ground. (Most of the time the weather is good, but that time of the year it can get cold) When your in the boundry waters, you just can't load up the car and go, it takes almost a day to get out. The fishing kicks ass and there are no mosquitos or black flys. I would rather have it colder than the bugs.

We love camping. Went all the time before the baby was born. Hopefully next spring we will be able to pick it up again. We do a tame version of camping but the oldest loves it.

From high school, I am a sub zero hero.

Edited by Clubfoothead

I was in the Boy Scouts and learned the joy of camping early on. Even after I left the scouts and got older I went with friends. My wife and I use to go together before the kids came along. We use to take rafting and canoe trips and camped along the banks. Once the kids were old enough to enjoy it we went. Sometimes for a weekend and sometimes for a weeks vacation. I have not been in about 8 years now. I must admit that at times I miss it but no longer look forward to the public bathroom and showers.

I enjoy camping of any type. My wife won't go without an RV, so we do that once or twice a year. More often, I take my boys and hit the back country on pack trips using my buddy's llamas. I am getting older too, so I take the time to make a nice bed of soft pine boughs - way better than those crappy air mattresses.

I never went camping with my parents, it's something I picked up on my own. Ms Cid and I make it a point to go out several times every year. No better way to put the crap of the rat race behind you for a bit and recharge the batteries, IMO.

here's what i think i'm gonna do....son is game so him and i will head out and get the site set-up..... the girls have an open invitation ta show up,once there the swimmin layin on the beach,trails,grillin, campfire should take care of the rest... ..definently going during the week when it's not so busy too......shorts/t-shirt/sunglasses good ta go :wacko:

here's what i think i'm gonna do....son is game so him and i will head out and get the site set-up..... the girls have an open invitation ta show up,once there the swimmin layin on the beach,trails,grillin, campfire should take care of the rest... ..definently going during the week when it's not so busy too......shorts/t-shirt/sunglasses good ta go :D

:wacko: Don't forget the food. Living of the land ain't that great.

P.S. Some TP would be good too.

Never camped with my parents, but my wife and I camped with my son when he was around 10 and would go a few times a year. Thinking about taking our daughter now but she is only 4 and we may wait another year before trying.

My family loves to camp and we do it the good old tenting way. We don't do it nearly as much as we used to because of my work schedule but at least three times a summer I make time so that we can go camping.

:wacko: And tell them creepy stories and events?

Haven't camped in years, but used to a lot. And my in-laws even own a campground. I don't consider staying their 5th whell when we visit them to be "camping".

That all said, I'm going tent camping up at Put-in-Bay, an island on Lake Erie just off the coast of Ohio, in August. If you've never heard of it, Put-in-Bay is a major party place and is famous for having the world's longest continual bar. Should be fun.

we used to a ton when I was a kid. those were the only "vacations" I ever took with my mom and stepdad, and I have so many fond memories. but my wife isn't a big fan, and of course we have the little one now that could make it more hassle than it's worth. but once this one and any others we might have are old enough to really enjoy it, I will push the issue. I want my kids to have some of those memories of their own.