[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Selling my junker

alexgaddis

I have a 1995 Toyota Corolla with 209K miles on it...runs awesome and the body is in okay shape...it needs brake drums and shoes on the back and possibly part of the hydraulic brakeline...the question is what could I sell it for as is vs. repairing it for $400 and selling it...

blue book on it in "fair" condition is $1800...

i was thinking of selling it as-is for $950 and hope to get $800...if I invest $400 to fix it, I don't know if I could get $1300 or more to make it worth it...

Opinions are needed

My mom has a 1994 Toyota Corolla that has survived 2 floods and a tree falling on it. It has 250k+ miles on it and still runs great. Those cars are made to last!

If you are looking to get a new car then I wouldnt do the repairs and sell it as is. If your going to keep it for a while then I'd repair it. In other words, dont repair it as an investment.

Fix it up and keep it. You can't beat those cars and a couple 300 to 400 repairs a year are a helluva a lot cheaper than car payments. Then again, I'm as cheap as they come. I buy cars new and run them into the ground, only way to go IMHO.

I already bought the new (used) car...now i just need to get rid of this one as I don't need it...I think I will try to sell it as-is first and only repair it if there is no interest

got any pics i'm lookin for a beater for my son and can roadtrip.......we were thinkin 5000.00 for a Honda but i'd rather he start with a POS like this one :wacko:

I have a 1995 Toyota Corolla with 209K miles on it

My mom has a 1994 Toyota Corolla that has survived 2 floods and a tree falling on it. It has 250k+ miles on it

Weird. If you add 209,000 and 250,000, I believe that is almost the combined miles of all the American soldiers force-marched by the Japs on the Bataan Death March. I could be off a bit though.

Weird. If you add 209,000 and 250,000, I believe that is almost the combined miles of all the American soldiers force-marched by the Japs on the Bataan Death March. I could be off a bit though.

my buddies Dad followed up after that March in the Army and it's the only time I've seen him get pissed talkin bout somethun....he said "Those f'n Japs even Raped Nuns, they're all pregnant"

You need to wait for Tbimm to comment.

It is ALWAYS easier to sell a car that you don't have to explain a bunch of problems.

That said... West Va. is right the estimate seems very high. I think I would see if I could get the work done cheaper and sell it without brake problems.

Interested in a '96 BMW Z3 with 80,000 miles? I don't have the stats on how many Americans were forced marched by the Germans.

:wacko: We carpet bombed Berlin about 80,000 times. It was beautiful.

I just sold my Mazda. It had about 60,000 miles on it.

Timmayyyyyyyy? :wacko:

Let's use 60,000 in a sentence, shall we? For less than 60,000 dollars you can buy an American Corvette that will smoke the doors off a Hun Audi S8 that cost twice as much. :D

I thought yer snooty arse had an S8?

I'm not that snooty. Its an S5.

I was going to turn the RX-8 into a track car. But, I'd need to store it at a garage, etc. Too much trouble.

Let's use 60,000 in a sentence, shall we? For less than 60,000 dollars you can buy an American Corvette that will smoke the doors off a Hun Audi S8 that cost twice as much. :wacko:

Apples and oranges bro.

You're so American.