[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The town I work in is voted best in America

AtomicCEO

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/artic...09-edition.html

Some towns nestled along the Rockies are full of pretentious eco-hipsters. Not Louisville. Ice cream shops dot the historic downtown. Families grab burgers at the cozy Waterloo Café. A Friday-night street fair, with a beer garden, live music, and games for the kids, runs all summer. No wonder this down-to-earth town has appeared high on Money's Best Places list before--and on many others.

It's also weathering the economic downturn well. Robust industries in the area, such as high tech, energy, and health care, make county unemployment among the lowest in the state.

My office is less than a block from Waterloo. That's the place with the delicious chili-lime wings I've mentioned before. The place is decorated entirely with Johnny Cash memorabilia and they have had some great local music in there. My office has windows that overlook the weekly street fairs.

It's pretty nice. All your towns suck in comparison.

I work in Aurora and it's a far superior town... if you ignore the gangs and lack of upkeep on roads and buildings and that's it's boring.

Yes, Aurora has gone to S#@$. My parents have been in the same house for over 30 years and they need to move as the neighborhood is complete crap now. Lots of rentals and foreclosures. Can't believe it's changed so much.

Stay out of Texas, there is no work for you here.

Austin is another best-kept secret which aint no secret no mo. Don't know about jobs but housing is cheap, it's clean, lots going on, nice downtown area, etc.

Austin is another best-kept secret which aint no secret no mo. Don't know about jobs but housing is cheap, it's clean, lots going on, nice downtown area, etc.

Austin is not part of Texas. It is a boil on the rear end of heaven.

For now. But articles like this if anything will only draw in more people and ruin that nice cozy small-town, best-kept secret thing. And here you are fanning the flames. :D

nah. It's been in the top 5 for like a decade. There's no secret.

:wacko: By definition, they are all lemons.

I thought Mercurys were just luxury Fords.

#2 on the list, Chanhassen, MN is immediately next to the town that I live in.

Well, I live in Omaha and Papillion (#3 on the list) is basically a suburb. I work right by Papio, but honestly I don't really go there much.

Hmm. In one of my trips to Austin for a show I saw a junkie who just got a fix go into convulsions or some such, then a few feet further I was surrounded by bums asking for change, then a few feet further it was absolutely disgusting. This was about a block away from 6th street. Later that night we had a knife pulled on us. I've heard that on one side of town, it lives up to the hype, the other side of town is crap.

louisville? I mean, nothing really wrong with it, but it's basically a boring little town for people who want to be in boulder but can't afford the rent. calling that the "best town" is like calling rachel ray the hottest chick in america.

yea but Louisville has a Liquor Barn, do you?

Edited by SLAYER

louisville? I mean, nothing really wrong with it, but it's basically a boring little town for people who want to be in boulder but can't afford the rent. calling that the "best town" is like calling rachel ray the hottest chick in america.

How are the street fairs by your house? How's your old town main street?

Louisville is pretty damn cool. I've lived near it for a while, and I've worked in it for several years. I'm a fan.