[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy sleep patterns

Flip_Side

Alright sometimes when I'm taking a cat nap in the afternoon I'll fall asleep on my back and my head straight up. Like 10 minutes later I'll be physically awake but can't open my eyes and I can't move at all even if I try my hardest. Eventually a minute or so after I can finally move again, it's the freakiest thing ever.

Also I've noticed when sleeping on my LEFT side I'll fall asleep for 10 minutes and wake up with some of the most vivid and crazy dreams I've ever had in my life. Then I'll switch to my right side and I'll have good dreams, the only reason I know is because I've been purposely falling asleep on the different sides to see if this was the truth.

Anyone know what these cases are called? Also could this have anything to do with drinking the night before?

I think I've heard of the first event, but can't remember the name. Its very rare though IIRC. Not sleep paralysis, but something related maybe. Can't find it on the internets.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Also I've noticed when sleeping on my LEFT side I'll fall asleep for 10 minutes and wake up with some of the most vivid and crazy dreams I've ever had in my life. Then I'll switch to my right side and I'll have good dreams, the only reason I know is because I've been purposely falling asleep on the different sides to see if this was the truth.

This is true for me as well. I sleep on my left side. My dog sleeps in the bed and she sometimes wants to get beside me so I roll over on my right side so we end up back-to-back. When this happens, I wake up a few hours later with some weird dreams. I normally don't dream much sleeping on my left side.

This is true for me as well. I sleep on my left side. My dog sleeps in the bed and she sometimes wants to get beside me so I roll over on my right side so we end up back-to-back. When this happens, I wake up a few hours later with some weird dreams. I normally don't dream much sleeping on my left side.

I dreamt of a "Do you spoon your dog?" poll, but never figured it would take off.

Would you share the drugs you're taking? :wacko:

sometimes it feels as if you're on drugs because when this occurs, I am not even scared or anything...I just accept the fact that I'm unable to move at the time...

one time, I opened my eyes and saw all white with geometrical shapes repeating over and over again.....which made me think back on if I had anything to drink the night before and what might have been put in it...

I don't have sleep paralysis anymore, but I kind of miss it to be truthful as I have a pretty good indication as to what is going on when it occurs...

Alright sometimes when I'm taking a cat nap in the afternoon I'll fall asleep on my back and my head straight up. Like 10 minutes later I'll be physically awake but can't open my eyes and I can't move at all even if I try my hardest. Eventually a minute or so after I can finally move again, it's the freakiest thing ever.

That happens to me, but only when I have a "lucid dream" (being asleep but being aware of the dream simultaneously) and forcing myself awake if I don't like how it's going.

don't know if this pertains, but sleeping on your left side is much better for your body, per se, because it takes pressure off many vital organs lying in the abdomianl region and surrounding it, improves circulation, and there's some artery than runs down that is relieved by left-side sleeping habits...that's why they tell pregnant women to sleep on their left side

Anyone know what these cases are called? Also could this have anything to do with drinking the night before?

I'm not really sure, but I think they're called psychosis.

:wacko:

don't know if this pertains, but sleeping on your left side is much better for your body, per se, because it takes pressure off many vital organs lying in the abdomianl region and surrounding it, improves circulation, and there's some artery than runs down that is relieved by left-side sleeping habits...that's why they tell pregnant women to sleep on their left side

See there, Flip, you're just pregnant. Move along.

I always heard that you lay on your back with your knees bent a little...it provides optimal circulation...

when I lay on my left side, I tend to hear a ringing sound in my ear and then it feels better when I lay on my right....strange..

That happens to me, but only when I have a "lucid dream" (being asleep but being aware of the dream simultaneously) and forcing myself awake if I don't like how it's going.

I always enjoy Lucid Dreams because I treat them as entertainment more than anything....

but I seriously have had some strange dreams.....I hear about people having strange dreams, but I'm pretty sure mine could potentially take the cake..

I always enjoy Lucid Dreams because I treat them as entertainment more than anything....

but I seriously have had some strange dreams.....I hear about people having strange dreams, but I'm pretty sure mine could potentially take the cake..

Have you had the one where you wear a Hawaiian shirt, drive a Ferrari, and solve mysteries? I have. Its sweet.

Have you had the one where you wear a Hawaiian shirt, drive a Ferrari, and solve mysteries? I have. Its sweet.

close...it was the ones where bombs are dropping out the sky...planes crash and I am dodging bullets because someone wants the loaf of bread I am holding while I am shooting back...