[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philosophy

Thews40

What do you do?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Close the door and go again.
    • Walk out the door and choose not to go again.
    • Still thinking
    • Puddy
    • Post yet another ninja cause they're still funny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's probably too much emphasis being placed on the 2nd chance aspect of this... it's just a continuation of your existance really. We make choices every day that allow us to continue our life in one direction or another. And in this green door/blue door scenario the essence of who you are will continue on in one manifestation or another (just like it does now for all of us who are currently living). Sure you might come back in a very different shape and culture than you are used to, but the shape that I am in right now (round) is very different than the shape that I took when I first arrived in the world.

So, is it a 2nd chance? I guess in some sense it is, but really it's just a decision regarding which path to take as you continue existing. Since the higher power seems to have a plan and a purpose for taking one path over the other, then that's probably the wise choice. But throughout our lives many people forego the choices which might bring more meaning to their lives or others lives, for options which do not... that doesn't necessarily mean they've made the wrong decision (although it might)... it's just another missed opportunity to fully engage in the dance of the universe.

But, if your memory is erased, then you wouldn't remember that the reason you were given a chance to go back was due to the offer of a "higher power"...

:wacko:

yeah, but remembering or not remembering it isn't the point. the point is, at the decisive moment the existence of a greater purpose was definitively revealed and you were given a choice which path to take.

yeah, but remembering or not remembering it isn't the point. the point is, at the decisive moment the existence of a greater purpose was definitively revealed and you were given a choice which path to take.

Why would it be a "greater" power? Maybe it can offer a second chance at life, but has no feelings good, bad or indifferent on why it is offering a second chance. It simply has that power and no other.

Why do you people all trust the note-writer, and assume that he is benevolent?

Why would it be a "greater" power? Maybe it can offer a second chance at life, but has no feelings good, bad or indifferent on why it is offering a second chance. It simply has that power and no other.

the note-writer has created our perceptions post-death and defined our choices. we find ourselves in this story fully and completely in his realm and at his mercy. defining his interests as good, indifferent, benevolent or not is futile, and beside the point. those interests, such as they may be, are not something we are likely to comprehend. all we know is, that which remains after life as we knew it has ended compels us to make a particular choice...we can either assent to the will of he whose emanation contains and defines us, or rebel.

Edited by Azazello1313

the note-writer has created our perceptions post-death and defined our choices. we find ourselves in this story fully and completely in his realm and at his mercy. defining his interests as good, indifferent, benevolent or not is futile, and beside the point. those interests, such as they may be, are not something we are likely to comprehend. all we know is, that which remains after life as we knew it has ended compels us to make a particular choice...we can either assent to the will of he whose emanation contains and defines us, or rebel.

And Tim made fun of me for using "elucidate" and "illuminate"...

There's probably too much emphasis being placed on the 2nd chance aspect of this... it's just a continuation of your existance really. We make choices every day that allow us to continue our life in one direction or another. And in this green door/blue door scenario the essence of who you are will continue on in one manifestation or another (just like it does now for all of us who are currently living). Sure you might come back in a very different shape and culture than you are used to, but the shape that I am in right now (round) is very different than the shape that I took when I first arrived in the world.

So, is it a 2nd chance? I guess in some sense it is, but really it's just a decision regarding which path to take as you continue existing. Since the higher power seems to have a plan and a purpose for taking one path over the other, then that's probably the wise choice. But throughout our lives many people forego the choices which might bring more meaning to their lives or others lives, for options which do not... that doesn't necessarily mean they've made the wrong decision (although it might)... it's just another missed opportunity to fully engage in the dance of the universe.

Said another way, to some extent we have the "green door / blue door" decision every day.

Are we going to live the life we're currently living or are we going to make a decision that will forever change the trajectory of our existence.

If I take the green door I will always wonder what was beyond the blue. Assuming that when I die again I will either faced with the same choice again or be guided to the green door, I would rather take on a new adventure knowing that I will eventually return.

I would go through the green door in hopes that it is heaven. I had a nice run as Whomper and I dont want it wiped out as I jump into another body. I want to enjoy salvation as Whomper and say hello to my Grandparents and others I have lost here. Unless of course the green door isnt heaven. Then I hightail it back here like a son of a bitch.

I was thinking the same thing.

Suppose I go back for my 2nd chance, screw it up, and the next door I see is crimson red with flames and fire emanating from it?

Bird in Hand theory says thanks, but no thanks....if heaven is all I hoped it would be all my life (void of fektards), and I'm on the verge of getting there, I'm not screwing that up.

Has anyone considered there's:

a 95% chance you wouldn't be an American.

There's a near 40% chance you'd be Indian or Chinese. Overall probably close to 20% chance you'd be a female Indian or Chinese.

are you factoring into equation the chance that you could come back as an animal? reptile? plant?

Has anyone considered there's:

a 95% chance you wouldn't be an American.

There's a near 40% chance you'd be Indian or Chinese. Overall probably close to 20% chance you'd be a female Indian or Chinese.

Dude, I'd have tits? Of my very own? To play with whenever I wanted? Where do I sign?

No it doesn't....what part of the original post makes you believe you'd come back as a human so much as to try to post the percentage chances of what race/sex you might be?

The implication of the stated "second chance at life" which was how everyone thus far has read it...