[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Dallas In Game Thread

SheikYerbuti

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in my car when I turned on the game and heard Dallas go in for the 31-30 lead (I was working with no game access) I heard there was 3 minutes plus left and would have bet my sack Dallas was gonna give up that game winning FG.

Okay, that's some really poor coaching.

7 seconds on the clock, 1 timeout left, and the ball on the 21. Why do you run the ball and burn your last timeout to get 2 yds closer? If NY fumbles the snap on the FG, or bobbles the placement (memories of Romo, anyone?), they can fall on the ball, call timeout, and take another shot at the FG. Then they just squib the ball downfield on the kickoff and DAL can take one hail mary pass maybe.

Instead they make it a do-or-die situation. Even though it worked out for NY, that's a textbook example of how not to manage the clock/downs at the end of the game.

Okay, that's some really poor coaching.

7 seconds on the clock, 1 timeout left, and the ball on the 21. Why do you run the ball and burn your last timeout to get 2 yds closer? If NY fumbles the snap on the FG, or bobbles the placement (memories of Romo, anyone?), they can fall on the ball, call timeout, and take another shot at the FG. Then they just squib the ball downfield on the kickoff and DAL can take one hail mary pass maybe.

Instead they make it a do-or-die situation. Even though it worked out for NY, that's a textbook example of how not to manage the clock/downs at the end of the game.

They did it to avoid the kickoff entirely. I see your point, but I'd rather risk the 5% chance of messing up the FG than the 100% chance of having to kickoff to the Cowboys.

They did it to avoid the kickoff entirely. I see your point, but I'd rather risk the 5% chance of messing up the FG than the 100% chance of having to kickoff to the Cowboys.

Which do you think is a more likely probability: A missed FG due to a miscue on the snap/hold or a KO return for a TD?

IMO, Dallas coaching down the stretch was terrible. They had the ball with 4 mins left, and should have milked more time off the clock.

Then not to blitz more on the final drive was exactly what happened to Buffalo last week, rather than what NY Jets did today.

Dallas dominated every phase of the game but the scoreboard in the 1st half, but 3 turnovers led to 17 NY points.

Dallas D is too soft when the game is on the line. Cowboy fans should be getting tired of Wade. he looks like a bozo over there on the sidelines.

Good Win Gmen. Romo can take that loss squarely on his right arm and between the ears. Manning was Super in the last drive, have to give it to him. Dallas D was great against the run but poor against the pass. Where was the pass rush. Either we miss Canty more then we thought or the Giants line got better.

Back to the drawing board. This one hurts.

Crayton you dropped another crucial pass and Roy...........Roy............Roy Williams..............Someone page Roy he must have forgotten we have a game tonight.

Scandrick and Jenkins, you both need more work, you both were beat all day.

Barber pulling up at the end, and where the heak was Ware?

Wife making the game even worse tonight.

Romo, I love you kid but you killed me today. So did the Secondary.

Good win Giant fans. You took what we gave you and earned what you needed to get the W.

This one will come back to haunt us. I just don't know what to make of this team yet. So many weapons yet so many mistakes.

No way should that last drive gone the way it did. No way...........Just shakin my head.

Good Win Gmen. Romo can take that loss squarely on his right arm and between the ears. Manning was Super in the last drive, have to give it to him. Dallas D was great against the run but poor against the pass. Where was the pass rush. Either we miss Canty more then we thought or the Giants line got better.

Back to the drawing board. This one hurts.

Crayton you dropped another crucial pass and Roy...........Roy............Roy Williams..............Someone page Roy he must have forgotten we have a game tonight.

Scandrick and Jenkins, you both need more work, you both were beat all day.

Barber pulling up at the end, and where the heak was Ware?

Wife making the game even worse tonight.

Romo, I love you kid but you killed me today. So did the Secondary.

Good win Giant fans. You took what we gave you and earned what you needed to get the W.

This one will come back to haunt us. I just don't know what to make of this team yet. So many weapons yet so many mistakes.

No way should that last drive gone the way it did. No way...........Just shakin my head.

Yep.. You nailed it.

I was in my car when I turned on the game and heard Dallas go in for the 31-30 lead (I was working with no game access) I heard there was 3 minutes plus left and would have bet my sack Dallas was gonna give up that game winning FG.

Agreed. I recall they stopped TB last year when it counted, but other than that I cannot recall them being able to shut anyone done when it mattered. This is an 8-8 crew, give or take a game, so I'm not all that upset. I pretty much expect this kind of thing out of them. Wonder how long Jerry will be able to keep that circus tent sold out?

:wacko: You're joking, right?

I've seen way more kick returns than bobbled long-snaps on FG's. I guess if you've been having problems with the exchange, then you worry about it. But they are pro's who have practiced it. I doubt he was concerned about the snap at all.

Edited by CaptainHook

I've seen way more kick returns than bobbled long-snaps on FG's. I guess if you've been having problems with the exchange, then you worry about it. But they are pro's who have practiced it. I doubt he was concerned about the snap at all.

:wacko:

Would you still feel the same if I told you that in the past 5 years, that DAL had scored exactly once on KOs in 339 returns?

That'll happen when your TE2 gets more targets than your WR1. Terrible use of a resource in the game scheming.

We are missing a nasty leader on Defense. One like Ray lewis that hits the gap on a play to end the game......BAMMMM it's over. We don't have that. I thought Ware was becoming one but he doesn't have a mean streak.

If someone on this Defense can't say "look it's 1st and 20 and I plan on hurting anyone that lets them get a first down to continue this game period", then we are going to lose game like this every time.

A player like Urlacher, Singletary, Teddy B, Ray Lewis, Darren Woodson, Charles Haley, Brian Dawkins, someone with the mindset that let's his team know that this game is over fellas because we have a 1 point lead after playing like crap and they are backedup with 1st and 20. If you guy's won't make the play I will fine. Pitts got Troy and had Floyd. New England had Harrison and Teddy and Law, Tampa had Sapp and Barber. Every team that goes anywhere has a guy on D that just say's "ok your offense is done". Chicago had them also.

Until we find that guy we are going to lose game we should win and that seems to be how I see it.

Bradie isn't him, Ware isn't him, Ratliff MEHHH, and he certainly isn't in our secondary. So until we find THAT player we will have to do it with offense and until Romo grows more(he is still wet behind the ears as far as big game brains) we will struggle as will every other team that is missing that kind of player I mentioned.

You know, this is the second time a team has beaten us with a secondary that is injury riddled and starting rookies to replace veterans. Last yeat the Seahawks had no secondary and we didn't take advantage. I am all for running the ball the way we did but we should have been able to beat the Giants secondary more then we did. I put a little blame on Garrett for not being more patient and conservative, unless Romo was changing the plays. No reason to stop dinking and dunking and pounding the football instead of trying to go deep to Hurd. That was a game changer. A solid drive or punt pinning them deep there may have sealed a W.

I did like what Romo said in his post game presser. I hope he can do what he says and I am proud of him that he sat there and took it like a man and admitted he cost the Cowboys this game. I hope this game is a turning point for him because this was a big time loss for this franchise. It was a good entertaining game but this one had to be won and a lot of people were let down tonight in that BIG Palace of a stadium. Romo has everything it takes to be great and has everything it takes to get run right out of this league. This night is his wake up call. Throw aways, and punts are a whole lot better then rookies running picks back for TD's and Safeties shagging pop flies.

We are going to see Romo change this year, similar to Farve when the light went on and he realized you can't win in this league turning the ball over, period. The fact that take away any two of those picks this game is won by Dallas. He deflated our D to many times as well as the team. That can't happen. Thay played too hard to loss this game tonight.

That was a great drive at the end by Eli but it would have never come down to that had Romo just been patient and punt a few more times and don't give MO back to the other team. Turnovers deflate a team more then anything else, well maybe except a 80+ yard drive all rushing for a touchdown late in the game to take the lead. :wacko:

I hope I am right and the light finally came on for Romo tonight. We will see.

I just got home from the game. The stadium is amazing. 105,000 people. At half time they got all the living ring of honor guys there and unveiled the ring of honor for the new stadium. I actually got goose bumps during that. I hate that the Boys lost, but honestly what do you expect when you turn the ball over that many times. Unlike some of you, I'm going to take a positive away from the game, in that they were in it to the end even with 4 turnovers. That means they either played some pretty good ball with the exception of the turnovers, or that the Giants suck. I can live with either one.

IMO, Dallas coaching down the stretch was terrible. They had the ball with 4 mins left, and should have milked more time off the clock.

Then not to blitz more on the final drive was exactly what happened to Buffalo last week, rather than what NY Jets did today.

Dallas dominated every phase of the game but the scoreboard in the 1st half, but 3 turnovers led to 17 NY points.

Dallas D is too soft when the game is on the line. Cowboy fans should be getting tired of Wade. he looks like a bozo over there on the sidelines.

Bingo