[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just picked up Calvin Johnson via free agents due to stupidness..

robert terni

I agree that locking dropped players for a day would be nice. How would that solve this problem? The commish should step in and do the right thing either way. The owner that dropped him would still be out and every owner in the league would be logged in the second Calvin could be added to their roster.

But a 24 locked period is still a good idea.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ok I did the moral thing and gave calvin back to original owner! And you guys actually did convince me, didn't think there would be an uproar over it. But I guess in the end I did the right thing :wacko:

Glad that I saw this one. I wouldn't want to win a league this way. You'd probably feel like crap if you won because of this transaction. Everyone is a winner.

It takes a lot of time, Let's not get that twisted. Just to do the drafts for 18 leagues would be insane, unless of course you lived in a empty house with nothing but a computer and TV. I for one find it very hard to believe you are actively involed in that many leagues. Posting and commenting on trades or situations must be near impossible. Unless of course you have no responsiblity out side of your own life.

Sure it takes time but 1 league compared to 14 leagues doesn't mean you take 14 times the time.

Also I am active in every league until the end of the year without exception, even in the rare case my team is no longer in the playoff hunt.

Like I said I work M-F 7-:3:30 each day so I spend 10 hours a day for work each week get up at 5:50 am get home at 4:20 pm (unless I play tennis then I get hom at 6-6:30 pm those days)

I played tennis 3 times this week Tues, Thurs and Fri, I also played basketball 2-3 times a week earlier in the year before football season but changed it over to tennis lately that is more fun for me.

PS - I also think this story is BS about CJ

Sure it takes time but 1 league compared to 14 leagues doesn't mean you take 14 times the time.

Also I am active in every league until the end of the year without exception, even in the rare case my team is no longer in the playoff hunt.

Like I said I work M-F 7-:3:30 each day so I spend 10 hours a day for work each week get up at 5:50 am get home at 4:20 pm (unless I play tennis then I get hom at 6-6:30 pm those days)

I played tennis 3 times this week Tues, Thurs and Fri, I also played basketball 2-3 times a week earlier in the year before football season but changed it over to tennis lately that is more fun for me.

PS - I also think this story is BS about CJ

Well god bless you....you do more with 24 hours that I do all week. Of course alll my free time has been absorbed by my 6 year old daughter.

LOL, yep busted. I certainly left enough clues.

I love this post, man. He asked for the huddlers advice, and 9 huddlers out of 9 huddlers gave him advice to drop Calvin and set things aright. But then he posts, "ok I've made my decision, I'm keeping Calvin Johnson". Cracked me up..... I haven't stopped laughing yet.

In a situation like this I also like to see how the guy that accidentily dropped the player reacts as well. I am in a FCFS baseball league on cbs. In the beginning of the year I saw a guy dropped Lackey and I quickly scooped him up. He was on the dl at the time so I was just gonna stash him on my DL. I was wondering why the guy that dropped him didnt do that but didnt think anything of it. Without screaming to the commish or going to the boards first I got a email sent just to me from that owner. He said he meant to DL him and made an honest mistake. He said he wont be mad if I keep him and he realizes I am not entitled to give him back since it was his mistake but he just wanted me to know what happened and requested him back if I agreed.

I really liked the way he handled it and gave him back instantly. I would have given him back even if he acted like a dousch but it was good to see the guy handle it like a man

Edited by whomper

What kind of league allows players to be picked up right after they are dropped....league of so lame

That's what I'm saying - I mean my god, $300 entry fee for a league with no waiver time on dropped players?!?!!? What kind of league is that?

Edited by SportsPg