[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just picked up Calvin Johnson via free agents due to stupidness..

robert terni

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is "legal"/allowed isn't always what is right. you would have be justified in holding CJ, but is that the type of league you'd want to be in? if you happened to be at work or out and about and someone else pciked CJ up as quickly as you, what would your thoughts be?

you did the right thing.

Edited by Bier Meister

I think you know it was a mistake. And the other owner contacted you within minutes. Sometimes cursor movement at the last second causes a mistake as to which player has been chosen. My best buddy has done this a few times when submitting lineups and on a waiver move or two.

You should man up and make it right IMHO.

I agree with you about honest mistakes happening. And I know that I've clicked on a button or a link only to have just bumped a scroll wheel or something and click on the wrong link. But in every league I've ever played in, there has always been some type of a "are you really sure?" screen to confirm your transaction. If it was a mistake, the owner really wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.

Thanks for your inputs but after considering all the options I think calvin has found a new home! The way I look at it is if the table were turned I believe that team would have kept him! This is my 1st year and the leagues online so I have no idea who these people are! I'm trying to win $3000...and I thin calvins the missing piece of the puzzle :D

PM to robert terni,

Way to get Megatron, dude. You got the right idea. It's friggin $3,000, we're talking about here. If you want to be a champion, then sometimes you gotta step on someone's neck that's in your way. Now just post something about doing the right thing to appease all these self-righteous do-gooders. No one's ever going to know. It's a win-win scenario. Don't worry about karma. You're not Hindu, are you? Now pour yourself some scotch and light a cigar cause you're on your way to the championship. :wacko:

You wouldn't have posted if you didn't have doubts. You asked for advice and you got it. FFL can be about winning, but once you get to "The Huddle" it's about a brotherhood, wanting to win, and feeling like you did it with integrity.

This brings tears to me when I think about myself! If this had happened to me in a "Whine League" , I would have thanked my good fortune and never posted.

What kind of league allows players to be picked up right after they are dropped....league of so lame

Certainly there has to be one league like that in the thousands you belong to. And something's always been bugging me and I've been meaning to ask, so here it is....How do you find the time to post?

Certainly there has to be one league like that in the thousands you belong to. And something's always been bugging me and I've been meaning to ask, so here it is....How do you find the time to post?

Everyone here makes it out to be a big deal if your in more than 15 leagues or something.

I ran through 27 leagues last year while running 3 leagues on my own using only email and excel spreadsheets to handle all waiver moves, line ups and did my own scoring for the leagues manually.

This was very taxing on me but I had a routine on Tuesday I updated the standings and scores and Wednesday I did the league articles, Thursday I got the prelimanary point spreads done, Friday I did the waiver moves, Saturday I fielded the line ups and entered them and Sunday/Monday I figured out players scores.

Ok I give you that was tough to do those 3 leagues and also be in another 24 leagues online and have a life outside of FF and work (yes people I work 40 hours a week)

Ok fast foward to this year. I put my 3 leagues on MFL (should done this years ago) but now that they are there I have so much free time to myself it is amazing. I could be in 50 leagues this year with all this extra time.

I mean seriously how much time does it take to make waiver moves, do starting line ups for 15 teams a week ? Usually most of the same players are on the waiver wire you just run through them every Thursday night, tweak it on Friday's and get your waivers done. Then Saturday your run through your line ups and Sunday morning see if you need to make changes based on injury.

Sure I will miss something here and there because I am in so many leagues and I hate that but overall it isn't as hard as everything thinks.

I also take every team I have put their rosters all on an excel file 1 page per team so I can just go to this file instead of trying to go to each type of site I am in a league for (WCFF, NFFC, MFL, ect)

I also take another excel file and put every week's starting line up on it so when Sunday morning comes around I don't need to log into each team and see which teams I have Welker on because I have to get him out before kickoff. I just pull up my starting line up spreadsheet and click on "find" "welker" and then I go onto those sites and take the player out.

Everyone here makes it out to be a big deal if your in more than 15 leagues or something.

I ran through 27 leagues last year while running 3 leagues on my own using only email and excel spreadsheets to handle all waiver moves, line ups and did my own scoring for the leagues manually.

This was very taxing on me but I had a routine on Tuesday I updated the standings and scores and Wednesday I did the league articles, Thursday I got the prelimanary point spreads done, Friday I did the waiver moves, Saturday I fielded the line ups and entered them and Sunday/Monday I figured out players scores.

Ok I give you that was tough to do those 3 leagues and also be in another 24 leagues online and have a life outside of FF and work (yes people I work 40 hours a week)

Ok fast foward to this year. I put my 3 leagues on MFL (should done this years ago) but now that they are there I have so much free time to myself it is amazing. I could be in 50 leagues this year with all this extra time.

I mean seriously how much time does it take to make waiver moves, do starting line ups for 15 teams a week ? Usually most of the same players are on the waiver wire you just run through them every Thursday night, tweak it on Friday's and get your waivers done. Then Saturday your run through your line ups and Sunday morning see if you need to make changes based on injury.

Sure I will miss something here and there because I am in so many leagues and I hate that but overall it isn't as hard as everything thinks.

I also take every team I have put their rosters all on an excel file 1 page per team so I can just go to this file instead of trying to go to each type of site I am in a league for (WCFF, NFFC, MFL, ect)

I also take another excel file and put every week's starting line up on it so when Sunday morning comes around I don't need to log into each team and see which teams I have Welker on because I have to get him out before kickoff. I just pull up my starting line up spreadsheet and click on "find" "welker" and then I go onto those sites and take the player out.

It takes a lot of time, Let's not get that twisted. Just to do the drafts for 18 leagues would be insane, unless of course you lived in a empty house with nothing but a computer and TV. I for one find it very hard to believe you are actively involed in that many leagues. Posting and commenting on trades or situations must be near impossible. Unless of course you have no responsiblity out side of your own life.

Have you been able to split the atom in your free time? If not, you're one lazy dude.

As people said - there should be a couple day wait before a dropped player can be picked up. That would have prevented this. Perhaps you should pitch it to your commish because its not the type of thing that would have changed how other's drafted. Its just good common sense. I imagine that you'd have an ally in the guy you returned Megatron to.

If I were in your position I really would have thought about keeping Calvin if all the other owners were 'faceless'. I'd likely have backed down, but I'd have been tempted. If you are friendly with any of them though - even online - than fixing this issue was the right thing to do.

Actually - I'd have returned the player contingent on the commish putting in a waiver order as it is - afterall - his fault this happened.

Thanks for your inputs but after considering all the options I think calvin has found a new home! The way I look at it is if the table were turned I believe that team would have kept him! This is my 1st year and the leagues online so I have no idea who these people are! I'm trying to win $3000...and I thin calvins the missing piece of the puzzle :wacko:

If you don't want to hear the advice, then don't ask the question. Looks like 85% is for giving him back. People only hear what they want to hear. There may not be a league next year, so you better look for another chump.