[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anniversaries

Hat Trick

I need some opinions on what other folks have done in regards to keeping their anniversary seperate with their spouse or have you invited friends along. I tend to go all out of these things, I am the romantic type. It has it's perks :D Anyway, I have always done something special with just the two of us. I am wondering if others have done it in a way to where they have had family and friends join in on the day/evening?

On our 5th I had a dozen roses sent to her office. In the card it had instructions on things she needed to do, kind of a scavenger hunt/special instructions. The florist screwed up and sent them a day early so the anticpation just absolutely killed her cause she had to look me in the face a whole day earlier and not crack and let me know she was in suspense. We met and I took her to dinner at a quite nice restuarant. We went back to a hotel I had prepped with rose petals all over the room and leading to the bed where a box (with a ring of course) was on the bed. We toasted the evening with some champagne and called it a night :wacko:

So this year is our 10th! I have an even more elaborate plan and I am thinking about including friends and family, but the plan can do without them as well. I just thought it might be even more special to have them involved in the experience. We'll go our seperate ways at the end of the evening with full privacy etc.

What have YOU done, good idea to include them or not?

Edited by Hat Trick

So for me the anniversary is a celebration of our wedding (I know I know obvious right), and for us, a huge part of that wedding was having family and friends around us.

That said the pattern my wife and I have fallen into is every odd anniversary we celebrate by ourselves, and every even anniversary we celebrate with friends/family.

The anniversaries then take on a completely different feeling depending on the involvement of those close to us, those anniversaries have been parties, small dinner gathering, and a couples weekend away..

I enjoy both and the mix keeps it fun and different for us as well

Congratulations on your upcoming 10th anniversary!

WD

That's going to be awkward with all of them in the hotel room.

:D I was thinking more of them being at the restaurant already after the ride to there. Renewing our vows etc. Just having a good ole memory session, everyone can share their experiences and have good ole time. The hotel room is off limits except for us! I keep things original, but not THAT original :wacko:

Thus far always been an evening with just the two of us. We alternate who plans it each year.

Originally, we had said on our 5th we would go back to hawaii, which is where we went for our honeymoon, but instead my wife was pregnant, so we postponed it to our 10th. Next year will be our 10th. If we don't do Hawaii earlier in the year with friends, then we will probably do it in July for our anniversary. If we do go to hawaii with friends, then we'll probably just take a weekend away from the kids.

I would not be oppossed to including our friends, but the funny thing is that most of our close friends now come through the kids, and we didn;t know them when we got married.

I've never really known about this issue. For the first 15 years of our marriage there was always someone coming to party with us to celebrate our anniversary. We've never actually invited anyone, people just show up. It took moving to VA to finally get that stopped. Now it's just the two of us. It was always special, with or without friends.

Hat trick, a great night with your wife and friends and family sounds like an awesome way to spend your 10th. At the end of the night the 2 of you will be alone and I am sure reflecting on a memorable night surrounded by loved ones. Have a great time and happy anniversary. I have always respected you on the boards. I hope you have a great time.

Edited by whomper

This thread is full of milestones requiring congrats. :wacko: to Hat Trick, Grunge and SLD!

I don't have much of an imagination and am not exceedingly romantic, but we've yet to celebrate with friends and family. The last couple of years we went to Vegas sans kids. I hope that is a tradition moving forward (although it makes it difficult to go to WCOFF with the Huddle crew as it's only a month later).

We went back to a hotel I had prepped with rose petals all over the room and leading to the bed where a box (with a ring of course) was on the bed. We toasted the evening with some champagne and called it a night :wacko:

So this year is our 10th! I have an even more elaborate plan and I am thinking about including friends and family

If she's into it, why not? :D