[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Movies You Can't....

The Holy Roller

There's a lot already mentioned...Kelly's Heroes, Fifth Element, Dirty Dozen, Outlaw Josey Wales, Aliens are some of the tops for me.

But here's one I haven't seen mentioned, that most of ya'll will probably laugh at...Jumanji...sucks me in every dang time. :wacko:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got sucked into "This Is Spinal Tap" the other day, F Fing awesome...11 out of 10.

I've had the lyrics for "Big Bottom" running through my head the past few weeks. I have no idea why.

So I come in around 1:00

I agree: so?

Anyway, The Ref and the "classic" holiday cartoons (Rudolph, Charlie Brown etc) around Christmas come to mind, also Groundhog Day and Josey Wales, and K-Pax, not even sure why - I guess cuz I like Spacey and that whole "what's the real truth" kinda thing. Oh yeah and Castaway, even tho I think it's kind of a so-so film.

Since moving in May and getting the -Verse top package, I;ve got all of the movie channels, plus the movie channes on demand. So, in addition to watching just about any movie that has been listed in this thread, I've been catching a lot that I hear about and they happen to be on.

But, a short list for me would be:

Shawshank Redemption

Die hard

Ferris bueller

and, while not quite a movie, whenever I catch Band of Brothers.

off the top of my head - movies lately I will watch anytime, anywhere not including usual suspects(Shawshank, DieHard, Bueller)

Saving Private Ryan

Bourne series (except the 2nd is the worst by far)

Good Will Hunting

Finding Forrester

Black Hawk Down

Under Siege (Seagals best work!)

Old School

One's on now I forgot about: Mr Hollands Opus. Actually I probably couldn't watch this a zillion times but I seem to catch it just infrequently enough that I can get into watching it. Great and often overlooked flick IMO.

He shoulda nailed that hottie though.

Already mentioned classics that hook me:

Bull Durham

Alien(s)

Dirty Harry series

Kelley's Heroes

Shawshank

Also good for doing nothing for a few hours:

JFK

In the Line of Fire

A Perfect World

Tin Cup

The Full Monty

Apollo 13

Edited by wolfden1

One's on now I forgot about: Mr Hollands Opus. Actually I probably couldn't watch this a zillion times but I seem to catch it just infrequently enough that I can get into watching it. Great and often overlooked flick IMO.

He shoulda nailed that hottie though.

Mr Holland's Opus is like a master's thesis on cinematic cliches.