[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Copper prices surge.

evil_gop_liars

It is easier for the everyday man to horde than gold.

:wacko:

Hording $100 worth of copper means finding someplace to stash over 30 pounds of the stuff.

$100 worth of gold is one 2.5 gram bar or coin.

Great. We'll have a bunch of price increases to pass on from our factories. It's a lot of fun to have quotes out for projects that won't happen for 6 months while the prices change in the mean time. Yes, our quote says it is only good for 90 days. Contractors don't seem to care much. And that's how the fight started....

all comodoties are going up as a hedge for the dollar. if the dollar ever comes back to life, look out. plus copper actually has some industrial value. never understood the gold thing.

I can't remember if it was 75% or 85% of all gold mined that goes to jewelry.

People gotta have their bling.

I have a wine bottle full of pennies. Most if not all are pre-1982. I thought the zinc thing went back further than that???

What year did pure copper pennies go to an alloy?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. :wacko:

I have a wine bottle full of pennies. Most if not all are pre-1982. I thought the zinc thing went back further than that???

Never was pure copper, but was 95% copper for most of the time before 1982.

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/fun_f...tion=fun_facts2

Never totally copper so you will have to melt them down to get full value.

Must be all that copper to copper bonding for through silicon via applications in the semiconductor industry. :wacko:

Agreed .... it could also be the copper needed for the capicitator reflcuktering mechanisms that all semi conductors need in order to work properly

Agreed .... it could also be the copper needed for the capicitator reflcuktering mechanisms that all semi conductors need in order to work properly

Isn't that the technical term for actresses that need their nipples taped so they doen't show thru their costume? :wacko:

:divingboardsorta: