[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers -Vikings

alexgaddis

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here we were all getting along...

I do not mean anything against the Vikes fans here. I am just saying that going to a Viking game in the dome you deal with jag offs and there were a lot of jag offs that were just saying a lot of wrong things and basically not being classy.

I am guessing a few fights in an hour or two.

:wacko: Good game by both teams...I still think Rodgers is good. He was holding the ball too long in the 1st half. It looked like he made a good adjustment at the half and he was getting rid of the ball much quicker.

Its a good way to go into the bye week...Plus its opening deer season next weekend so we won't miss anything.

Skol Vikes!!!

It has been a few years since there has been no game at deer camp, trying to find a radio signal up north - good luck

I do not mean anything against the Vikes fans here. I am just saying that going to a Viking game in the dome you deal with jag offs and there were a lot of jag offs that were just saying a lot of wrong things and basically not being classy.

I am guessing a few fights in an hour or two.

sweep :wacko:

So, uh, at this particular point in time, would I be completely out of line if I asked if Aaron Rodgers is currently Brett Favre's b*tch? :wacko:

I kid, I kid. Aaron Rodgers is a good, young QB, and if continues to learn I will be cursing him for years to come as he will be a solid QB in the NFC North for years to come. Nice win by the Vikes, nice come back by the Packers. :D

I'm telling you Tos I blame TT for allowing a proud franchise such as the pack get in this shape.

What shape? It isn't as if they're completely uncompetitive. They have young stud QB and are strong in several areas, just not as good as the Vikes.

If 4-3 is disgraceful for GB, I shudder to think what you feel Lions and Rams fans should be doing at this point.

I posted on this the last time you said it, showing his stats were good through the end of seasons, going back. So, not sure what your ongoing point is with this, but I can find the numbers again if you need them.

No, they aren't. Usually the big fall-off occurs in the last 4 or 5 games, but:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sectio...&id=4583781

In his final four seasons as a 30-ish QB, he's generally flopped during the late-season stretch when fantasy players are making a playoff run.

Over the past four years, Favre has totaled 45 TD passes and 27 interceptions in his first six games. But in his final six games of the season during that span, his totals dropped to 20 touchdowns and 40 interceptions. Last year and in 2006, he only had one multiple-TD game in his final six. He didn't have any in 2005.

Yeah, he plays in cold weather, blah blah blah. I did some checking vs Brady (being generous and disregarding Brady's 07 season), Philly (McNabb generally but he had injury issues), and the NY Jets ( pre-Favre, ditto with Pennington) over the last 4 games from 03-06, 05-08, and 04-07, respectively.

Basically, the TD falloff was pretty standard, Brady excepted, but the spike in ints was just RIDICULOUS. And that is with Phi and Jets having 2nd and sometimes 3rd stringers playing.

Deep down, I blame myself. I brought a bottle of Chimay and was keeping it in reserve. At the half, we opened it up, and GB mounted a furious comeback. And when the Chimay was gone, it was 31-26 with serious GB momentum.

Then pfffft. Should have made sure to bring a 2nd bottle.

THEN, to add injury to insult, my friend's hyper-active 3 yr old headbutted me in the balls in the waning minutes.

Deep down, I blame myself. I brought a bottle of Chimay and was keeping it in reserve. At the half, we opened it up, and GB mounted a furious comeback. And when the Chimay was gone, it was 31-26 with serious GB momentum.

Then pfffft. Should have made sure to bring a 2nd bottle.

THEN, to add injury to insult, my friend's hyper-active 3 yr old headbutted me in the balls in the waning minutes.

Similar situation. I did the same thing with a bottle of Coppala Claret... Then my freaking boxer then did a flying spear into my junk after the jennings TD. Weird. :wacko:

Similar situation. I did the same thing with a bottle of Coppala Claret... Then my freaking boxer then did a flying spear into my junk after the jennings TD. Weird. :wacko:

The lesson here is "don't hold off on the good stuff."

My buddy's kid, headbutt aside, is an animal. At one point, he was running headfirst into my chest, bouncing off, doing a 360 spin, and repeating. For about 5 minutes straight until I picked him up by his ankles and swung him around.

I have already signed on as his agent and forwarded tape to Ted Thompson - "you're gonna want this kid in 19 years, get a leg up early!"

this season is the first time in my life I'm a brett favre fan....and I have to say, it's kinda fun. it's not even that I'm a vikes fan, I've never had any feelings about that team either way. I just believe that green bay -- the franchise and the fans -- handled, and continue to handle, his departure with a complete lack of class. lusty boos for the best player to go through that franchise? makes me hope he dyes his hair purple when he goes into canton. :wacko:

I have to say the Packer and Vikings fans were all pretty classy where I went to watch the game. Granted alot of them were old folks, but really nice all around.

I don't see how anyone can "hate" Favre. I always "hated" him as a Viking fan, but that was more of a jealousy thing. The guy is one helluva competitor.

A great game all around. I really was worried the Pack were going to come back and steal it. I've said before Rodgers is a good QB. Poor guy has a horsesh*t offensive line.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I just believe that green bay -- the franchise and the fans -- handled, and continue to handle, his departure with a complete lack of class. lusty boos for the best player to go through that franchise? makes me hope he dyes his hair purple when he goes into canton. :wacko:

Oh, come on.

Imagine your boy Johnny Bronco plays the will-he-or-won't-he game with retirement for a good 4 years. Then he DOES retire, only to change his mind; fine.

THEN he wages a scorched-earth policy on the Broncos. The Broncos trade him to, I don't know, Tampa Bay or some team Denver fans, in general, couldn't give a crap about. But Elway doesn't want to be there, really - he wants to play for the Raiders. So after a season in TB, he "retires" again, and asks TB to release him because, uh...I don't know, it matters after he's retired?

So after "retiring" for the 2nd time, he re-un-retires and goes to play for the Raiders.

I'll cheer Favre when GB retires his jersey, when he goes into the Packer HoF, and when he goes into the NFL HoF.

I'm not cheering for any damn Vikings QB except in highly exceptional circumstances, and this game didn't qualify.

this season is the first time in my life I'm a brett favre fan....and I have to say, it's kinda fun. it's not even that I'm a vikes fan, I've never had any feelings about that team either way. I just believe that green bay -- the franchise and the fans -- handled, and continue to handle, his departure with a complete lack of class. lusty boos for the best player to go through that franchise? makes me hope he dyes his hair purple when he goes into canton. :wacko:

If you are not from around here and have not heard all the crap and retire unretire crap you have no idea.

I watched the NFL network this morning and watched a segment on Brent starting from his high school days through his Packer days and I honestly said to myself :man the dude can play and he was really a great guy, maybe my angst towards him was a bit unprovoked"

Then 20 minutes later you hear him start saying that it was his daughter that came down and said daddy I want you to play again and win a super bowl. Yea right he waited until the interview with Mooch just before the Packer game to now say this? Why wasn't this brought up before? I then realized he is a media whore and will never cheer for the guy until he does finally once and for all hang it up.

You never hear Ted Thompson say one word about this whole situation - he has enough class to keep his mouth shut. I am not sure it is true but I know some people who were very high up in the Packer org who says a lot of Brett has spewed in the media about how it was handled was far from true. I don't think we will ever know because the only one who keeps talking is Brent.

The Packer org IS and will be a better organization because they decided to move on without Brent.

:D Still butt hurt because I told you to keep your business outside of a BoTH league that you were not in I see. I have no problem with Grudge or MV. I apologize if me thinking that saying the viqueens or puckers, or whatever idiotic stuff you come up is stupid. I guess next time I should run everything by you before posting. :wacko:

:D Go Packers :D

If you are not from around here and have not heard all the crap and retire unretire crap you have no idea.

I watched the NFL network this morning and watched a segment on Brent starting from his high school days through his Packer days and I honestly said to myself :man the dude can play and he was really a great guy, maybe my angst towards him was a bit unprovoked"

Then 20 minutes later you hear him start saying that it was his daughter that came down and said daddy I want you to play again and win a super bowl. Yea right he waited until the interview with Mooch just before the Packer game to now say this? Why wasn't this brought up before? I then realized he is a media whore and will never cheer for the guy until he does finally once and for all hang it up.

You never hear Ted Thompson say one word about this whole situation - he has enough class to keep his mouth shut. I am not sure it is true but I know some people who were very high up in the Packer org who says a lot of Brett has spewed in the media about how it was handled was far from true. I don't think we will ever know because the only one who keeps talking is Brent.

The Packer org IS and will be a better organization because they decided to move on without Brent.

Who the hell's Brent? :wacko:

Favre's indecision may have been tiresome. But not near as tiresome as most GB fans on this board.

:wacko: Say what you will.

The only reason TT is keeping his mouth shut, is he's too busy getting blasted for MN being a better team.

What he is doing does not, is not, working. They got beat by the Vikings TWO times this season. The missing link they have now...Favre.

That has to be awesome. If I were TT I'd hide too. It was a glorious moment seeing him in the box by himself...alone.

No one will ever know what happened, but maybe Brett saw the writing on the wall. He'd be dead if he were behind the team GB has now.

But, how short memories are....the PACK was the team to beat after PreSeason. They will be very lucky to get a Wildcard.

If TT doesn't get his head out of his A$$, Rodgers could end up like David Carr. Too many hits and he'll hold the ball longer than he is now.

Either way, it was great seeing Brett show the Packers Lambeau is still his "HOME". Ha ha ha ha ha ah.

:D