[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers -Vikings

alexgaddis

Maybe passing game???? Jennings would be the #1 receiver if he wore purple. Driver would be the #1 receiver if he wore purple. Jordy would be # receiver if he wore purple. Rodgers is a better QB than Favre at this point in both careers.

GB has a much better passing attack than purple but Defense and a smash mouth running game prob means more this game and the Vikes will probably come out on top again.

Should be a great game and look forward to it. I have never despised a team as much as I do the Vikings right now which is weird because I usually despise teams that have won something in the past - very weird.

I think GB pulls this one out, however I think it will be a dog fight. I still am not convinced the Vikings are for real. To me, they've only beat one, maybe 2 (Packers and Ravens), quality opponents while the rest of their schedule has been cupcakes and twinkies. That being said, GB's schedule was a little soft as well but I still think they win.

And I disagree with Chadman when he says the Vikes are better than the Packers in all phases of the game. I see the only area they are better in is at RB. Sorry, pal, but you're analysis is completely wrong - again. :wacko:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure anyone on EITHER side who thinks this game is going to be a walkover is wrong.

The Vikes outplayed the Pack but GB didn't do much to help themselves either - 8 sacks and 2 turnovers, plus they got inside the Vikes 5 and came away with no points. Boy, sounds like they got blown out, right? 30-23 and an onside kick away from making it veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrry interesting.

The Vikes took care of business at home. Ideally they're as confident as some of the fans posting here and think that playing on the road is just like playing at home, they crushed GB in the first game, and all they have to do is show up and GB will roll over and play dead. I'd like to see them come in with that attitude, I'm sure it would work out well.

Both have high-functioning passing games; Minny has the better running game on paper - but they've only topped 100 yds once in the past 5 games and rank fairly middle-of-the-pack in most categories. The passing game is middle-of-the-road statistically as well, but very efficient - slightly above-average yds wise, but 3rd in scoring, which is what matters. Minny's D is middle of the road too, and sliding - they've given up 400+ yds in 3 of their last 4 games.

Minny can be had - SF and Baltimore almost had them, and Pittsburgh DID get them. I don't see a juggernaut.

To me, they've only beat one, maybe 2 (Packers and Ravens), quality opponents while the rest of their schedule has been cupcakes and twinkies. That being said, GB's schedule was a little soft as well but I still think they win.

GB beat the Browns, Rams, and Lions more handily than Minny did. But I guess those were "great" wins for the Vikes and "cupcakes" for GB when you're drinking the purple Kool Aid.

I'd think about including the 9ers as a "quality" opponent, even though Gore left that game early.

Jordy Nelson would be the Vikings #1 receiver? Okay, whatever you think... :wacko:

I was pretty much saying that to get a rise out of the Pack faithful, but from what I've seen out of Jennings and with Finley out today, considering what a weapon Harvin is, Taylor out of the backfield, Rice going the way he is, I don't know which is ultimately better. Probably the Pack, realistically, but we'll see how they protect Rodgers today. Should be easier with Winfield out, for sure.

But if you think the only area where the Vikes are better than the Packers - if you're serious - then also, whatever you think, to another Packer faithful... :D

We'll see how you feel after the Vikes front line and linebackers get through with Rodgers today...

Yeah the Flivvers just kicked our butts 28-6 yesterday in the first round of the state playoffs.Great football up that way,strong year in and year out.

UP POWER! :wacko:

Menominee, Kingsford, and Crystal Falls-Forest Park are ALWAYS a threat to win it all in the lower divisions.

Jordy Nelson would be the Vikings #1 receiver? Okay, whatever you think...

Yeah, Sid Rice has been a freakin' stud this year. So Nelson would only be the #2 WR on Minny. :wacko:

...considering what a weapon Harvin is, Taylor out of the backfield, Rice going the way he is, I don't know which is ultimately better.

Taylor played a key role in the game-winning score last week, that's for sure. Dunno if Harvin has figured out how to run a proper route yet.

Unfortunately, this game will not be played on a message board. The Pack will have to line it up to win today. I'm sure that the Pack has seen what didn't work last time, such as allowing Favre 7 seconds to find his receivers. I look for more of a pass rush today. I see Adrian becoming a bigger part of this game. :wacko:

Unfortunately, this game will not be played on a message board.

What? Since when?

The problem with playing a game on the message board is that you have two groups on each side vying for the win with competing strategies - the football-savvy posters and the douchey ones.

What? Since when?

The problem with playing a game on the message board is that you have two groups on each side vying for the win with competing strategies - the football-savvy posters and the douchey ones.

Do you want to play a game? Yes

Tic Tac Toe or global thermal nuclear war?

:wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

Go to the Conquer Club forum.

:D And Mrs MV is a Packers fan.

BIg John, I know where you got that info, but it is wrong. Mrs. MV is a solid Vikings fan. The Packer fan is my grandson's maternal grandmother. Not my wife. The Packer fan actually looks alot like the pic in Tosberg's profile. Creepy. :wacko:

Btw, my daughter lives in Wisconsin so I'm looking forward to a future "look who's coming to dinner" with a potential Packer guy. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Favre is on NFL network saying it was his daughter that changed his mind.

I'd bet it was his wife...Favre retires, flies him to Mississippi....

Brett - "OK, honey, I'm retired. Now instead of being gone for a few weeks in the spring, and for 6 months from July to January, and having to go work out and study film half of every day, I can spend EVERY MINUTE of EVERY DAY with you. And I can just be fat and lazy. Until we die!"

Deanna (face slowly changes to horrific look of realization) - "Oh honey, I think you should still play. Maybe four or five more years."

Brett - "I dunno honey, I meant all that stuff about not having anything more to give."

Deanna - "Oh, no Brett, you'll feel better in the summer, just see. Besides, are you going to let Ted push you out like that?"

Brett - "Nobody forced me. I said that and meant it!"

Deanna - "Yes he did!"

Brett - "Did he?"

Deanna - "Yeah, he never called you, and he wouldn't hire Marriucci like you wanted..."

Brett - "Well, Coach Mac is as good as Mooch."

Deanna - "What about Moss? You wanted Moss!"

Brett - "Well our receivers are pretty good without him!"

Deanna - "He never listened to you!"

Brett - "hmm, I guess not."

Deanna - "You played like an MVP!"

Brett - "yeah, I did!"

Deanna - "And we all know I don't want you sitting around....uh, I mean, you wouldn't like sitting around here doing nothing for the next 30 years, would you?"

Brett - "uhhhh....no?"

Have heard that the Pack is trying to get Campman to be down more and not always the outside stand-up backer/rusher, which is a good idea. I have to think they'll make adjustments to get him back to the style that worked so well for him. If not, that's just dumb.

Something tells me that Jennings will finally show up today, have been expecting him to return to better performances, but have not seen why he's not been the man this season, other than his injury.

Should be a great game, and hoping the Vikes can win this one to go to 7-1 with a bye coming. What a great position to be in moving forward, and to do it without Winfield would be a huge confidence boost. I agree, I think it's going to be an early heavy dose of Peterson today, and hopefully the Vikes can continue to make good halftime adjustments and come out with a strong 3rd quarter again.

For the record, I think a lot of the Packer coaching staff, and expect them to have some pressure wrinkles for Favre today. Guessing the good Packer corners will be all over jumping routes against Favre, and that could cost them a big play, or give them one. Interesting matchup there.

For the record, I think a lot of the Packer coaching staff, and expect them to have some pressure wrinkles for Favre today. Guessing the good Packer corners will be all over jumping routes against Favre, and that could cost them a big play, or give them one. Interesting matchup there.

One factor with that is they were playing with Collins at not-100% and Martin at stupid last game.

They have both preferred starters in and healthy; lessens the risk of more aggressive coverage.

Yeah - Vegas oddsmakers wouldn't have the Packers favored by 3 points if they had no chance to win. BTW - whats the filter?

cow girls without the space

Do you have any fun with ANYTHING? Seriously man when you get down to the rivalry games thats when the (all in fun) name calling starts.

I have been back and forth on who to root for in this game. I think just for you it will be the Vikings over the Fudge Packers (as we used to call them back in Chi Town) :wacko:

:D Still butt hurt because I told you to keep your business outside of a BoTH league that you were not in I see. I have no problem with Grudge or MV. I apologize if me thinking that saying the viqueens or puckers, or whatever idiotic stuff you come up is stupid. I guess next time I should run everything by you before posting. :D

One factor with that is they were playing with Collins at not-100% and Martin at stupid last game.

They have both preferred starters in and healthy; lessens the risk of more aggressive coverage.

Ding ding ding.

That point hasn't been mentioned enough leading up to this game. I know Capers has been trying to spin his Week 4 game plan into one that focused on stopping Peterson (and succeeded). But I think Woodson's post-game comments were telling -- the scheme that day at the Metrodome was significantly affected by Collins' health and the absence of Bigby.

With both of those guys healthy, I think there would have been more pressure packages in Week 4, and there will be more today.

Regardless, we are 30 minutes away from the biggest November game in Green Bay history. Go Packers!

P.S. I hope the Lambeau crowd does like Leroy Butler says and boos the sh*t out of Favre. Cheer for him when his jersey is retired. Not now. Show him as much loyalty as he showed us. :wacko: