[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers -Vikings

alexgaddis

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Pack in this game.As long as Rodgers does not get sacked 5 times and Capers changes up his scheme from last time they played.If Favre has that kind of time again he will throw 3-4 TD's.It was stupid watching Favre stand around in the pocket for 5-7 seconds in Minny.I know he can burn you on the Blitz but he might throw a pick six as well.I believe the Pack make the proper adjustments and take this critical game 31-30.

The media keeps talking about the return of a former Packer great to Lambeau, but I'm pretty sure Longwell has been with the Vikes for at LEAST 3 years now.

And Sharper now plays with the Saints. I won't be at the game either so I don't know who they could be talking about.

Just so you know, the omens are auspicious - my HS alma mater just beat the Cadillac Vikings in the playoffs. The Badgers crushed Purdue, which we all know was founded by the Vikings, today.

A Packer win appears imminent. I am betting the mortgage, dog, and kids on GB.

Edited by Chavez

Just so you know, the omens are auspicious - my HS alma mater just beat the Cadillac Vikings in the playoffs. The Badgers crushed Purdue, which we all know was founded by the Vikings, today.

A Packer win appears imminent. I am betting the mortgage, dog, and kids on GB.

Yooper?

:wacko: Spent a lot of time in downstate Illinois

Nope, not a Troll, then.

Great Team Names from the UP

Nimrods, Flivvers a few of the good ones

Hematites, Speedboys, Black Bears, Wykons, Nordics (from NORth DICkinson - get it?), I was an Eskymo.

Sounds like Lang, but he has been great. He was in against the Vikings for 12 plays and did well then as well.

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

I'm curious as to your definition of great. To me, giving up a sack in 12 plays is pretty bad. Regardless of whether Allen lines up opposite of The Eastern Michigan Rookie or Clifton at well less then 100%, he's going to dominate them. There goes any opportunity for Grant in the flats or underneath because he will be kept in to block on every pass play. Less options for Rodgers means more holding onto the ball for far too long while waiting for plays to develop. The Vikes will still get to Rodgers, a lot, and the Pack will find itself in too many "...and long" situations. This will force McCheeseburger's hand in play selection faster then he makes a bucket of chicken disappear. Abandoning the run against the Vikes is the wrong move to make, but he'll do it far earlier then anyone anticipates. This will also result in the Vikings winning the turnover and clock battle.

Then you got the Pucker D. They've stated they will sell out to stop the run, so there goes blitzing and getting to The Silver Fox on a regular basis. I mean you may see them finally hit Favre, unlike week 4, but it wont be often because if they blitz and get out of position, AD is gone. As soon as that happens the blitzing will be over. So then Favre has all day to sit back and shred one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Pick your poison, because they can't stop both of them. The pack has little to no chance to win this game, no matter how wishfully you interprerte signs from the gods, because they are worse then the Vikings on all three teams.

Great Team Names from the UP

Nimrods, Flivvers a few of the good ones

Yeah the Flivvers just kicked our butts 28-6 yesterday in the first round of the state playoffs.Great football up that way,strong year in and year out.

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

I'm curious as to your definition of great. To me, giving up a sack in 12 plays is pretty bad. Regardless of whether Allen lines up opposite of The Eastern Michigan Rookie or Clifton at well less then 100%, he's going to dominate them. There goes any opportunity for Grant in the flats or underneath because he will be kept in to block on every pass play. Less options for Rodgers means more holding onto the ball for far too long while waiting for plays to develop. The Vikes will still get to Rodgers, a lot, and the Pack will find itself in too many "...and long" situations. This will force McCheeseburger's hand in play selection faster then he makes a bucket of chicken disappear. Abandoning the run against the Vikes is the wrong move to make, but he'll do it far earlier then anyone anticipates. This will also result in the Vikings winning the turnover and clock battle.

Then you got the Pucker D. They've stated they will sell out to stop the run, so there goes blitzing and getting to The Silver Fox on a regular basis. I mean you may see them finally hit Favre, unlike week 4, but it wont be often because if they blitz and get out of position, AD is gone. As soon as that happens the blitzing will be over. So then Favre has all day to sit back and shred one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Pick your poison, because they can't stop both of them. The pack has little to no chance to win this game, no matter how wishfully you interprerte signs from the gods, because they are worse then the Vikings on all three teams.

Since you know the gameplans, and how everything is going to play out... Then why not just cancel the game? And in all seriousness, when you clowns start say Coach McCheesburger and Puckers you lose any credibility. It's just as lame as saying the Viqueens or cow girls (nice filter DMD). Your analysis is way too skewed to be taken seriously.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Since you know the gameplans, and how everything is going to play out... Then why not just cancel the game? And in all seriousness, when you clowns start say Coach McCheesburger and Puckers you lose any credibility. It's just as lame as saying the Viqueens or cow girls (nice filter DMD). Your analysis is way too skewed to be taken seriously.

Yeah - Vegas oddsmakers wouldn't have the Packers favored by 3 points if they had no chance to win. BTW - whats the filter?

Do you have any fun with ANYTHING? Seriously man when you get down to the rivalry games thats when the (all in fun) name calling starts.

I have been back and forth on who to root for in this game. I think just for you it will be the Vikings over the Fudge Packers (as we used to call them back in Chi Town) :wacko:

I just had to get a post up with a Viking avatar today, hoping there's a dispensation for avatars when it's rivalry week. Hopefully, Steeler fans can allow for this?

I look for the Vikings to win this game, seriously, but it should be a good game. I think Rice has become much more formidable in the offense than the earlier game, which will make it difficult for the Pack to try to stop the running game. As we've seen for many games now, even if a team does contain Peterson for most of the game, there will be one or two that he will break. I agree the Pack will have to keep Grant in to block most of the time, and that will hold him down in the passing game.

My concerns: Winfield being gone will hurt run support, which will give Grant opportunities. Worried about Berrian's hamstring, which would hurt the passing options. Hutchinson's back seems to be bothering him, which obviously matters. The pass defense is arguable, making the rush even more important.

But other than those things, I think the Vikes are better in every phase of the game, except at cornerback (now) and maybe receiver. Vikes multiple passing options makes the cornerback concerns a little less concerning.

Should be a close game, would not be surprised if either team wins, turnovers will be a key, as always.

VIkings 27, Packers 24. Cheers, and good luck to all Vikings fans!

:wacko:

I just had to get a post up with a Viking avatar today, hoping there's a dispensation for avatars when it's rivalry week. Hopefully, Steeler fans can allow for this?

I look for the Vikings to win this game, seriously, but it should be a good game. I think Rice has become much more formidable in the offense than the earlier game, which will make it difficult for the Pack to try to stop the running game. As we've seen for many games now, even if a team does contain Peterson for most of the game, there will be one or two that he will break. I agree the Pack will have to keep Grant in to block most of the time, and that will hold him down in the passing game.

My concerns: Winfield being gone will hurt run support, which will give Grant opportunities. Worried about Berrian's hamstring, which would hurt the passing options. Hutchinson's back seems to be bothering him, which obviously matters. The pass defense is arguable, making the rush even more important.

But other than those things, I think the Vikes are better in every phase of the game, except at cornerback (now) and maybe receiver. Vikes multiple passing options makes the cornerback concerns a little less concerning.

Should be a close game, would not be surprised if either team wins, turnovers will be a key, as always.

VIkings 27, Packers 24. Cheers, and good luck to all Vikings fans!

:wacko:

Maybe passing game???? Jennings would be the #1 receiver if he wore purple. Driver would be the #1 receiver if he wore purple. Jordy would be # receiver if he wore purple. Rodgers is a better QB than Favre at this point in both careers.

GB has a much better passing attack than purple but Defense and a smash mouth running game prob means more this game and the Vikes will probably come out on top again.

Should be a great game and look forward to it. I have never despised a team as much as I do the Vikings right now which is weird because I usually despise teams that have won something in the past - very weird.