[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

verizon exit fees to double

dmarc117

You could always go with T Mobile.

Yeah... I can't really recommend that.

It looks like this is basically making you pay back what they shelled out up front for the phone hardware they sell on at a discount. I don't know why they don't just make that transparent and make you pay back the exact amount that they ate plus a little pain and suffering.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I find nothing wrong with this at all. They are a noble company that has taken it on the chin a lot for no reason. I think everyone I've ever talked to at Verizon is either a gentleman or a lady and know that their managed hosting services have the best people in the world working there. very intelligent and all around good people. Double an early termination fee is very minor when you think about just how much good this company as a whole has done for our personal lives.

it's an upfront fee and doesn't seem to apply to existing contracts--don't like it, then don't sign up for it

its not an upfront fee, the way I read it was that they are doubling their early termination fee, which i don't really see a problem with.

its not an upfront fee, the way I read it was that they are doubling their early termination fee, which i don't really see a problem with.

my bad. What I meant to say was that the (possible) fee is something that the consumer knows about before they ever enter the contract (as opposed to Verizon trying to do this to current contract-holders)

I find nothing wrong with this at all. They are a noble company that has taken it on the chin a lot for no reason. I think everyone I've ever talked to at Verizon is either a gentleman or a lady and know that their managed hosting services have the best people in the world working there. very intelligent and all around good people. Double an early termination fee is very minor when you think about just how much good this company as a whole has done for our personal lives.

Jeez, you have to wear fishing waders in here. The BS is three feet deep. :wacko:

my bad. What I meant to say was that the (possible) fee is something that the consumer knows about before they ever enter the contract (as opposed to Verizon trying to do this to current contract-holders)

He means they're up-front about it.

well he is an economics prof, not an engrish one.

I've had Verizon Wireless forever...well, since there were cell phones. No issues with them at all.

However, when your contract expires, they are desperate to get you back under contract. Mine expired a few months back, and they called several times and sent out a few e-mails offering all kinds of free phones to renew a 2-year contract. I ended up with 2 new free nice phones. Next time, I'll go off contract again for awhile probably though.

All-in-all though, compared to crap companies I've used in the past such as Comcast and current losers like DirecTV and credit card companies, Verizon Wireless is above the standard. I have no problems with connectivity and reliability of service. Even out here in the sticks.

To install their FIOS infastructure was very expensive, I don't see a problem with this.

all good and fine unless FIOS isn't in your area yet. I live in like the fifth wealthiest county in the US (not my salary doing this, I can assure you). We've residential system upon residential system and no word of FIOS coming any time soon.

all good and fine unless FIOS isn't in your area yet. I live in like the fifth wealthiest county in the US (not my salary doing this, I can assure you). We've residential system upon residential system and no word of FIOS coming any time soon.

it is VERY expensive to run fiber optic cable right now add that in with a recession and verizon in general not doing so great = sorry.

it is VERY expensive to run fiber optic cable right now add that in with a recession and verizon in general not doing so great = sorry.

I'm a little surprised it hasn't taken off just yet. There is tons of dark fiber ready to be used. There were some new housing developments that were starting to run it, but now that the economy is in the crapper, the fiber continues to just sit.

I'm a little surprised it hasn't taken off just yet. There is tons of dark fiber ready to be used. There were some new housing developments that were starting to run it, but now that the economy is in the crapper, the fiber continues to just sit.
Much of the dark fiber is back hauls and interconnects, not the last mile into the neighborhoods. In the neighborhoods that did think ahead and laid it for future use, the rest of the pieces aren't usually there yet to utilize it unfortunately.