[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heavy hearts today in Columbus...

SteelBunz

Stefanie Spielman lost her 12 year long battle with breast cancer yesterday at age 42. Her smile, her tenacity, her tireless work to raise money and awareness and her fabulous spirit will be sorely missed. She's been the face of this disease in Central Ohio for the past 12 years raising over $6.5 million for research, education and assistance. But more than that, she inspired thousands of us to get involved, get tested, stay aware and help those around us do the same.

She was a Champion and a fighter.....and a helluva lady. :wacko:

My heart truly aches for Chris, her 4 children and the rest of her family and friends. You all will be in our hearts and minds forever.

My sincerest condolences. May the love you've all shown others come back to you 100-fold.

Rest in pain-free peace, Stef. You ARE my heroine in every sense of the word.

Much Love,

Jules

Stefanie Spielman lost her 12 year long battle with breast cancer yesterday at age 42. Her smile, her tenacity, her tireless work to raise money and awareness and her fabulous spirit will be sorely missed. She's been the face of this disease in Central Ohio for the past 12 years raising over $6.5 million for research, education and assistance. But more than that, she inspired thousands of us to get involved, get tested, stay aware and help those around us do the same.

My heart truly aches for Chris, her 4 children and the rest of her family and friends. You all will be in our hearts and minds forever.

My sincerest condolences. May the love you've all shown others come back to you 100-fold.

Much Love,

Jules

I hope this story, brings a smile. My Mom, last year, went in for a check-up/mammogram. They discovered she had a lump in her breast. After the biopsy they discovered it was cancerous. It was one of worst the types of cancer. It had no harmone receptors, and other grades, etc. Because of early detection, I am proud to say she is here and cancer free. She contributes her recovery purely to those that have made an effort in spreading the word to go get checked out.

It is those people like your friend that has insured the public's awareness to the disease and the importance of getting checked regularly. My heart goes out to your friend's family, but know that her efforts have certainly saved lives. Perhaps my mom's case isn't directly related but there are many women, like my Mom in the Columbus area, that are able to enjoy the holidays, that very likely wouldn't have. It sounds like behind the tears, there is an overwhelming admiration for her. Take care Jules...

Balla

Edited by SuperBalla

Much Love,

Jules

Well said Jules . RIP Stefanie :D

That's terrific news about your Mom, Balla! :wacko: And you're right.....it IS uplifting to hear success stories like this. And your Mom's case is directly related, Balla. My mother was diagnosed in 1994. She was amazed at how many ladies in recovery she knew and thought, why does everyone feel this is such a "private matter" and no one talks about it? Not everyone can be as forthcoming as my mother......or Stefanie...or Heather Pick (a news anchor here in town who passed away a year ago @ 38 from this disease). Some people get thrown into the spotlight or decide to be advocates.

All I can say is...Thank God for those people who become outspoken on a subject such as this. Sure, we all deserve some privacy when dealing with illness, etc. But look how much more can be accomplished if we reach out to help others in the same boat...or educate those who may not be aware.

The more we talk about it and educate......the less of a stigma/mystery it becomes. I think we've seen that to be the case with breast cancer over the last 20 years. Used to be no one talked about it.....now.....the NFL wears Pink. :D

Your mother is on her way, Balla! Tell her to keep getting her bone scans every 6 months. Gotta stay on top of it! :D

Thanks for making me smile on such a down day. :heart: