[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great news for New Orleans players

Henry Muto

Payton: Saints are going for a perfect season

Drew Brees - QB - NO - Dec. 7 - 10:39 a.m. ET

Head coach Sean Payton said he will go for a perfect season even if the Saints have clinched home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

This is obviously great news for owners of Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Pierre Thomas and the rest of the Saints. They now have a two-game lead on the Vikings for the No. 1 seed in the NFC. According to SI's Peter King, Payton thinks his players -- most playoff rookies -- will be energized by the pursuit of perfection. It sounds like everyone will be safe to use in Weeks 15 and 16.

We'll see if Payton let's them play during weeks 16 and 17 after Dallas knocks them off in week 15. :wacko:

Edited by irish

Head coach Sean Payton said he will go for a perfect season even if the Saints have clinched home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

This is obviously great news for owners of Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Pierre Thomas and the rest of the Saints. They now have a two-game lead on the Vikings for the No. 1 seed in the NFC. According to SI's Peter King, Payton thinks his players -- most playoff rookies -- will be energized by the pursuit of perfection. It sounds like everyone will be safe to use in Weeks 15 and 16.

Also opening the door for an untimely injury in what could be a meaningless win. The record book might be nice, but how much will it matter if they get knocked out of the playoff's cause someone got hurt in the 3rd quarter of a game that they didn't "need" to win.

Also opening the door for an untimely injury in what could be a meaningless win. The record book might be nice, but how much will it matter if they get knocked out of the playoff's cause someone got hurt in the 3rd quarter of a game that they didn't "need" to win.

see the bolded above....i think it is more about keeping his guys building momentum for the playoffs.

We'll se if Payton let's them play during weeks 16 and 17 after Dallas knocks them off in week 15. :D

This is funny :wacko: expect a repeat of a few years ago when Bill brought the girls to town.

this is GREAT news?

this is GREAT news?

This site is basically dedicated to fantasy football players and the entire reason this site lives is because people want to play fantasy football which involved fantasy football players which are on our rosters so anytime a team says they will continue to start their players it is great news for people who play fantasy football who have these players.

So yes it is indeed great news since this entire site's reason to live is for fantasy football which is what we play which involved fantasy football players.

You play to win the game and you win the game by having your best players play in our fictional fantasy playoffs.

Edited by Henry Muto

If they lock up the #1 seed I could see Payton starting his stars but I'd be highly surprised if they played a full game... With the amount of injuries this team has sustained this season, there's no reason to risk anymore. Play a little bit to keep from getting rusty.

Or Indy.

Didn't Indy win their only title when they were forced to play week 17 then ended up the 3 seed and ended up beating the Steelers and go on to win the bowl ?

So when they rest they lose and the 1 year they were forced to play all weeks to make playoffs they won...yet they still are planning on resting them!

Didn't Indy win their only title when they were forced to play week 17 then ended up the 3 seed and ended up beating the Steelers and go on to win the bowl ?

So when they rest they lose and the 1 year they were forced to play all weeks to make playoffs they won...yet they still are planning on resting them!

On an inter-sport level, look how many baseball wildcards have gone deep in the playoffs because they play meaningful games the whole way. Sitting players for a long time gets them rusty, not fresh.

This is funny :wacko: expect a repeat of a few years ago when Bill brought the girls to town.

That was one ugly game. Wasn't that the game when the Saints FB scored a couple times and made some big plays. Just ugly!

Actually who did they beat ? Was it even Pittsburgh ? I am too lazy to look it up.

Actually who did they beat ? Was it even Pittsburgh ? I am too lazy to look it up.

In a situation like this, I usually just wait for Big John to magically appear.

Nope.. I don't think the Steelers made the playoff's that year did they?

The Colts played if I remember correctly Kansas City who was heavily favored to run all over the Colts. They then went on to beat Baltimore in a battle of field goals, and then beat the Pats at home in that instant classic AFC championship game.

Nope.. I don't think the Steelers made the playoff's that year did they?

The Colts played if I remember correctly Kansas City who was heavily favored to run all over the Colts. They then went on to beat Baltimore in a battle of field goals, and then beat the Pats at home in that instant classic AFC championship game.

:wacko: You are correct. I had the year mixed up. :D