[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The real reasons the deficit has exploded

wiegie

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

compound interest from borrowing from china for 8 years??

Maybe, but I also noticed that the graph says nothing about government spending on social issues. Maybe if some of those were not expanded or dare I say cut,we could pay back the interest on that money. Are the wars just the wars, or do they include other defense spending as well such as congress voting to continuing to develop plane engines that both Obama and the Pentagon say they don't want to waste any more money on.

The reason is because our Representatives are shamless whores who will sell out their beliefs, their principles (if they ever had any) and what's best for the future of their own country to get reelected. Most recent example, the Health Care Bill, $300M for Sen. Landreau from Louisiana bought her vote, Ben Nelson sold out last night, Nebraska's getting a ton of YOUR money, Obama bought his vote.

These people are despicable, and both parties do it.

The reason is because our Representatives are shamless whores who will sell out their beliefs, their principles (if they ever had any) and what's best for the future of their own country to get reelected. Most recent example, the Health Care Bill, $300M for Sen. Landreau from Louisiana bought her vote, Ben Nelson sold out last night, Nebraska's getting a ton of YOUR money, Obama bought his vote.

Hammer, meet nail.

Ever think the entire structure, particularly the way we think of our representatives, might be wrong?

This is politics 101. Glad you've made it to the show.

the fall of rome

I think of most reps as shiftless, glad-handing, blood-sucking, would-be tyrants who whore out their vote to purchase votes from the masses. Am I missing something? :wacko:

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin

Politicians realized they could secure their seats by giving there constituents money, so they no longer vote for what is in the long term interest of the country or their constituents, but what will make the short sighted voters vote for them in the next election.

I think of most reps as shiftless, glad-handing, blood-sucking, would-be tyrants who whore out their vote to purchase votes from the masses. Am I missing something? :wacko:

Yes, you're missing quite a few things. It's not about the people per se but the way the whole thing works and, importantly, how we expect it to work.

The election of representatives seems fine to me: most Americans have become impatient, short sighted and greedy.

The problem is campaign finance reform, not term limits, pure and simple.

I agree.

It has also become too important to people to jump all over "the other side" when trying to show that they are in the right on something. It's all too common for a discussion to be less in the format of an exchange of ideas with consideration and more about who's better at shouting the other side down. Sad.

To be fair how is all this calculated? I am not sure I have heard much about how O'bama has created this mess, but what is he going to do about it? A bunch of new programs does not seem to be the right choice. As for the calculations on the tax cuts.........first lets not call them the BUSH tax cuts b/c any tax cut is a good tax cut for the most part....Does this graph include off setting additional revenues spurred by increased velocity of money in the private market?

Seems to be a nice neat little graph but I doubt it paints with a broad brush when it comes to the final calculations.

All politicians are robbing us....my question is why do we keep voting in idiots who want to strengthen the central government?

To be fair how is all this calculated? I am not sure I have heard much about how O'bama has created this mess, but what is he going to do about it? A bunch of new programs does not seem to be the right choice. As for the calculations on the tax cuts.........first lets not call them the BUSH tax cuts b/c any tax cut is a good tax cut for the most part....Does this graph include off setting additional revenues spurred by increased velocity of money in the private market?

Seems to be a nice neat little graph but I doubt it paints with a broad brush when it comes to the final calculations.

All politicians are robbing us....my question is why do we keep voting in idiots who want to strengthen the central government?

Because all of us third-party voters are just "throwing our votes away"... :wacko: