[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers - Cards

budlitebrad

Packers-Cards  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Packers
    • Cards
    • Puddy

It would have been a cheap call too. No way do you call that TD back 'cause the defender had a finger on his facemask. Gimme a break.

They did miss the helmet to helmet contac against Rodgers earlier in the game. But as was already mentioned, Warner also got hit earlier in a game and felt it deserved a flag, but didn't get one.

They did miss offensive PI on Fitzgerald. But the Packers got a horse collar tackle earlier that wasn't flag-worthy IMO.

Like I said, as an impartial observer, I didn't think it was one-sided. It was a great game. Both teams had ample opportunities to win.

Edited by CaptainHook

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been a cheap call too. No way do you call that TD back 'cause the defender had a finger on his facemask. Gimme a break.

:wacko:

I looked for a video of it (rather than the still photo) to see if it was just a "finger", or if the defender let go. 1st time I'd really been able to see a slow-mo of the entire play, with the camera focused on Rodgers.

Sure looks like he was tackled by his facemask, and not some inadvertant play. And since the hand was on the facemask immediately thereafter, it obvioulsly happened before the change of possession.

The fact is that the defender went high to dislodge the ball. When you go high to swipe at the ball, you run a big risk of catching the QBs head/facemask, which in this case was apparent.

Oddly, the ref is looking right at it, grabs his whistle, then sees the ball is loose and changes his focus.

Just sayin.

I wouldn't have called it. It's kinda like how they never call a foul on the game winning shot in basketball. Let 'em play.

It looks to me like the ref never saw it. Peter King was right, he focuses his attention on the loose ball and is no longer watching Rodgers. Plus, the contact to his facemask would have been hard to see from where he was.

Bottom line ... the NFL has made a point of protecting the QBs. Over and over all year long if you touch a QB above the shoulders (and below the knees) you are flagged. While I don't like this rule it has been enforced ALL YEAR LONG. The is not a question about "letting them play at the end of the game" ... either it is a penalty or it isn't. It can't be a penalty in the first quarter but not in OT.

The refs blew that call ... for whatever reason.

Having said that ... GB should have lost in regulation except that Rackers badly missed his kick. Then GB should have won in OT on the deep ball to Jennings.

I also thought that GB should have thrown a deep pass at the end of regulation just to see what might happen. With the inability of their defense to hold Arizona if Arizona got the ball first in OT it would likely have been over.

What. A. Game.

Sucks my Packers lost, but they dug themselves a pretty big hole, that they STILL almost came back from.

If you call the facemask on Jenkins, then you call it on the last play against Rodgers. It goes BOTh ways, but whaddya gonna do? Calls get missed. If Rodgers hits Jennings in stride 2 plays before, then the game is over already.

HUGE letdown by the Packers secondary. Warner is one hell of a QB, and picked them apart.

Rodgers is the future . . and canya imagine him with some solid o-linemen???

Congrats to the Cards :wacko: and I sure wish we didnt spot them 17 points at the beginning of the game. I was expecting around 6-7 wins TOPS for the Packers in the first year transitioning to a new defense, so 11 wins was a great season. Two great picks by TT in BJ Raji and Clay Matthews this year will hopefully lead into some more solid picks this year (hint . .o-line and defensive backs!!)

Thanks for a great season Packers!!! Well done cardinals.

Has anyone pointed out that the ball game loose before the finger went into the facemask?

If Rodgers hits Jennings in stride 2 plays before, then the game is over already.

He had a few deep passes that he was either high on or needed to not bullet. Rodgers also needs to learn to throw the ball away instead of taking so many hits.

FWIW...Packer Fans shouldn't be hanging their heads. Aarron Rodgers starts his career with two 4000 yard seasons and with another year under his belt, I'd hate to see if he gets better. The defense vastly improved over last year and they are still up and coming. Depending what happens this offseason, they will probably be favorites to win the division. It should make for some good division play next year. the NFC north has a tough schedule, but thats ok...the black and blue division is coming back.

Edited by Outshined

Has anyone pointed out that the ball game loose before the finger went into the facemask?

Yes, to the extent that it was also established that possession hadn't changed when it happened. If a QB throws a pick and gets roughed upon throwing it, the pick is negated. Even though the ball has left his hand.

Mind you, I can see why the call wasn't made given the melee. However, had the call been made, I can easily see why it would result in GB keeping the ball.

Yes. But there also was a helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers that probably should have been called according to league rules that protect the QB.

Plus that penalty STILL would have negated the play.

IMO if you call the facemask against GB against Warner (while he was getting blocked to the ground) then you call the one on Rodgers :wacko: it goes BOTh ways . . .

Yes. But there also was a helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers that probably should have been called according to league rules that protect the QB.

Plus that penalty STILL would have negated the play.

IMO if you call the facemask against GB against Warner (while he was getting blocked to the ground) then you call the one on Rodgers :wacko: it goes BOTh ways . . .

It absolutely goes both ways as there were calls missed that were in GB's favor during the game as well! But every penalty is not called during a game calls are missed ALL THE TIME!!!! So because of the magnitude of this one everyone is up in arms about it! Noone is perfect umpires miss obvious strikes and balls refs miss flagrant fouls on the basketball court and yes Refs miss calls on the football field!!!! It aint the first time and it won't be the last!! GET OVER IT move on and give The Cards and Warner the credit they deserve!! They played a near perfect Offensive game and deserved the win HANDS DOWN!!! CONGRATS CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

It absolutely goes both ways as there were calls missed that were in GB's favor during the game as well! But every penalty is not called during a game calls are missed ALL THE TIME!!!! So because of the magnitude of this one everyone is up in arms about it! Noone is perfect umpires miss obvious strikes and balls refs miss flagrant fouls on the basketball court and yes Refs miss calls on the football field!!!! It aint the first time and it won't be the last!! GET OVER IT move on and give The Cards and Warner the credit they deserve!! They played a near perfect Offensive game and deserved the win HANDS DOWN!!! CONGRATS CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko::D:D

Get over it?

Methinks you need to read my post earlier . . . . .:D

Get over it?

Not really talking to you just was the most recent post I read more talking to everyone else :wacko: about it! So the GET OVER IT comment was a general one not directed at you specifically as you are not that special yet young grasshopper!! :D

Has anyone pointed out that the ball came loose before the finger went into the facemask?

Doesn't matter....possession, at that point, had not changed. It took probably 2-3 seconds for the ball to drop, for Rodgers to kick it back up in the air, and then for the Cardinals defender to gain possession. On the other hand, the defender's hand was in his facemask almost immediately after dislodigng the ball.

As Detlef points our, there are countless other examples of this type of call.

All this being said, it was one hell of a game offensively, and the Cards did everything they should hav to win the game. Warner was a beast, and likely played one of the top-3 playoff games a player has ever produced.

Just a shame that, with the use of video replay, its apparent the deciding play was likely ruled in error.

Not really talking to you just was the most recent post I read more talking to everyone else :wacko: about it! So the GET OVER IT comment was a general one not directed at you specifically as you are not that special yet young grasshopper!! :D

More analysis of missed calls

here is a little more info for you from bleacher report on the "non" calls. This isnt just homers bitching, these are NATIONAL reports on how wrong calls have affected outcomes of awesome games and overshadowed the effort by the players

PS- If you are not specifically referring to something I said, then DONT quote my post. That indicates a specific rebuttal. nOOb . . .. :D

Get over it?

Plus when you give a team there props as you did :D Don't back track with your next 3 posts just complaining about calls and packers being overshadowed. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows what Rodgers did was awesome just not quite as awesome as what Warner did with no turnovers and a near perfect day at the almost 40 years of age JUST SAYING NOOB!! :wacko::D

:D

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

It was a great game. One of the best. Packers have nothing to be ashamed of...they played their hearts out. Rogers is the real deal and will be for years. I hadn't seen that many spectacular catches in 10 games this season. Both offenses played incredibly. Now that Arizona defense may come back to haunt you next week against Brees & Co.

But still, a game for the ages IMO.

Plus when you give a team there props as you did :D Don't back track with your next 3 posts just complaining about calls and packers being overshadowed. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows what Rodgers did was awesome just not quite as awesome as what Warner did with no turnovers and a near perfect day at the almost 40 years of age JUST SAYING NOOB!! :wacko::D

Here is another one sweetheart

Never backtracked, as it doesnt change the game. The Cards won the game, and carved up a defense that was great all year long.

You are somehow reveling more in the fact that teh Packers lost than the Cardinals winning.

Pretty obvious that there is national attention on those pivotal plays against Rodgers. I dont care what the rule is, as long as it is called consistently. According to most of the league and sportwriters . . . it WASNT at the end of the game. Again, the Cards won and it wasnt called. :D Life goes on . .

More analysis of missed calls

here is a little more info for you from bleacher report on the "non" calls. This isnt just homers bitching, these are NATIONAL reports on how wrong calls have affected outcomes of awesome games and overshadowed the effort by the players

Exactly what I already stated sparky it happens all the time in EVERY game not just AWESOME ONES :D ! If you want perfection from all sports officiating than you are gonna have to replay every single play!! How fast these games are played I think they do a pretty damn good job the majority of the time and if anyone thinks THEY could do a superior job than march your arses out there and do it! :wacko: