[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers - Cards

budlitebrad

Packers-Cards  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Packers
    • Cards
    • Puddy

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the helmet to helmet actually contact? I just saw a glance of the play and he did lead with helmet, but one angle showed like he didn't make contact.

The refs did seem lopsided, but that isn't what lost the game for GB. The Defense stunk it up badly. Where was the D/ST that was so dominant against the likes of Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, and AZ last week?

Depressing to see GB and Rodgers move the offense at will and then the Defense to fold. Capers is an idiot.

If they correct a few issues GB could keep the ball rolling next year.

In the end, it would have been better for Rodgers if Rackers had made the FG. I know it was instinctive, but if he didn't kick the ball up in ther air... it would have been a tuck rule, and GB would have kept the ball. Crushing way to lose.

Was the helmet to helmet actually contact? I just saw a glance of the play and he did lead with helmet, but one angle showed like he didn't make contact.

The refs did seem lopsided, but that isn't what lost the game for GB. The Defense stunk it up badly. Where was the D/ST that was so dominant against the likes of Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, and AZ last week?

Depressing to see GB and Rodgers move the offense at will and then the Defense to fold. Capers is an idiot.

If they correct a few issues GB could keep the ball rolling next year.

Yes, absolutely contact. Re-watched it and he hit him hard enough to move ARod's helmet up from his face.

I wouldn't call Capers an idiot. Did he fail today? Yes. Everyone associated with the defense failed today, but I do think Capers put his players in positions to make plays, they just couldn't do it. The loss of Al Harris forced Tramon Williams into a starting position which he has no business doing. Other injuries forced Jarret Bushleage into action, and he's the definition of posterized. Atari Bigby coming up lame didn't help either.

Even the most knee-jerk fans need to remember that this is the transition year for the defense and it's movement into a 3-4. One thing for sure is that we now know that Tramon Williams isn't a starter in this league. Ted Thompson will have to address the secondary and O line this off season. He's got everything else in place.

In the end, it would have been better for Rodgers if Rackers had made the FG. I know it was instinctive, but if he didn't kick the ball up in ther air... it would have been a tuck rule, and GB would have kept the ball. Crushing way to lose.

One thing that I'm confident in is that next year the Packers will be better then this years packers. Aaron Rodgers won't have the playoff jitters which can happen in your first trip to the playoffs. No slow start. This team sans the corners is young and primed for a big run. Insert Alvin Mack's speech from the program here.

Even the most knee-jerk fans need to remember that this is the transition year for the defense and it's movement into a 3-4. One thing for sure is that we now know that Tramon Williams isn't a starter in this league. Ted Thompson will have to address the secondary and O line this off season. He's got everything else in place.

Agreed.

Sounds stupid after watching the defensive collapse today, but as a Cowboys fan, the Packers were the team I did'nt wanna play in the playoffs FWIW.

this is what peter king said about the facemask call on twitter:

Why there was no facemask called on the final play, when Adams had his hand on Rodgers' mask and drove him to the ground:

The referee, Scott Green, stands behind the pocket and has to watch first for the loose ball. Once the ball is out, Green's ...

job is to watch ball for possession. He can't watch the QB then. If he saw the facemask, it'd mean he wasn't watching ball.

It's a quirky rule, but it's the referee's call--and the ref is charged with possession once the ball is loose.

Why there was no facemask called on the final play, when Adams had his hand on Rodgers' mask and drove him to the ground:

The referee, Scott Green, stands behind the pocket and has to watch first for the loose ball. Once the ball is out, Green's ...

job is to watch ball for possession. He can't watch the QB then. If he saw the facemask, it'd mean he wasn't watching ball.

It's a quirky rule, but it's the referee's call--and the ref is charged with possession once the ball is loose.

that and the fact that his head was in Warner's pants all night..

One thing for sure is that we now know that Tramon Williams isn't a starter in this league.

I didn't think Williams was any worse than anyone else today on D. Even Woodson and Collins failed to show up.

Just bad D all around.

Clearly should have been a non-call, why you can barely see the helmet move....

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=media%...5058ca05275.jpg

As a impartial observer, NO WAY are you gonna get that call at the end of the game. They got rid of the incidental facemask rule. I don't think it was enough to get called even if the ref did see it.

As for the non-call on the Rolle shove of Finley? Watch it again. Finley shoves Rolle off of him first. Rolle shoved back. Good non-call.

Edited by CaptainHook

Clearly should have been a non-call, why you can barely see the helmet move....

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=media%...5058ca05275.jpg

If it were me I would have all five of the pictures of Warner throwing his TDs to win the game on the front page of my site! Which by the way would be 1 more picture than if they had the pictures of him throwing his 4 incompletions! Wow the guy had more TDs than incompletions this could be the main reason the cards won! :D Just saying not every call gets made in every game the refs are not perfect just like the players are not perfect! Warner was amazing today and that fact is being forgotten by some people! Give the guy his credit he deseves! He outdueled the packers today PERIOD..... :wacko: Great job Cards and good luck the rest of the way! Here's to finishing the right way this year with a Superbowl Victory!!!! :D

As a impartial observer, NO WAY are you gonna get that call at the end of the game. They got rid of the incidental facemask rule. I don't think it was enough to get called even if the ref did see it.

As for the non-call on the Rolle shove of Finley? Watch it again. Finley shoves Rolle off of him first. Rolle shoved back. Good non-call.

I agree. Anyone watching the game should have seen that Finley shoved first. He probably followed that up wiith a colorful phrase about Rolle's mom. I really don't understand why Finley was upset. He was tackled cleanly and was producing well against the Cards.

But the ref DID call a similar foul FOR the Cards earlier in the game (see the above posts about "Fitz runs over Woodsone, Jenkins gets held all they way to the ground, and you call a PF on an incidental facemask?"). If you call it one way, call it the other.

Just saying not every call gets made in every game the refs are not perfect just like the players are not perfect! Warner was amazing today and that fact is being forgotten by some people! Give the guy his credit he deseves! He outdueled the packers today PERIOD.....

Good Points. The Cards outplayed the Pack. Neither Defense was holding anyone. So, in the end, GB's D did not show up enough to win. Somewhat poetic justice when they were celebrating the shoutout last week vs. the second team...and during the second half when they were still throwing the ball after it was evident AZ pulled their starters.

GB has a good team in place and could make a lot of noise next year if their Defense can play a whole game.

:wacko:

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Welcome to Nola Cards. :wacko:

Thanks Rajn!!

Should be a hell of a game, er, a track meet!! Turnovers will be a HUGH key to this one and trust it will not be over until the final gun goes off twice!!

Good luck, I will be pulling for the winner of this one the rest of the way!!

If it were me I would have all five of the pictures of Warner throwing his TDs to win the game on the front page of my site! Which by the way would be 1 more picture than if they had the pictures of him throwing his 4 incompletions! Wow the guy had more TDs than incompletions this could be the main reason the cards won!

I really don't want my sour grapes to make it sound like I don't respect Az or Warner.

Yeah, there were some dubious calls. There were also a lot more instances of Az WRs running uncovered down the field. GB's D is probably the main culprit for the loss, and GB's offense didn't help what with the 3 turnovers.

Bottom line is if you want to go on the road and win in the playoffs, you have to play a LOT better than GB did in the first half today. Arizona is certainly a deserving winner.

But as I said before, if you're going to call a facemask on one play, when there is a near-identical facemask on a different play, you have to call that, too. It doesn't matter if one appears to be more or less significant than the other.