[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers - Cards

budlitebrad

Packers-Cards  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Packers
    • Cards
    • Puddy

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How fast these games are played I think they do a pretty damn good job the majority of the time and if anyone thinks THEY could do a superior job than march your arses out there and do it! :wacko:

The refs likely do a great job 90% of the time....maybe even 95%.....Murphy's law that the one big non-call they miss decides a classic playoff football game.

I don't think bp is bemoaning the calls. At least he wasn't going in that direction until you prodded him into proving that he isn't the only one that thought the non-call was brutal. He's just providing you links from national sources discussing the two plays, stating that yes, there is no question the refs put their whistles away for wahtever reason.

I'm an Eagles fan (:D), with no horse in the race whatsoever, but I saw the infraction immediately and thought to myslef as the Cards were taking it in for the winning TD "That's coming back".....I was shocked the TD stood. Even moreso now that I have the luxury of seeing it in slo-mo......unfathomable that it was that blatant and not called....especially in a year when the league mandated that QBs be protected from shots to the head of any kind....and with all the recent concussions.

i love the title of that video. lemme guess -- piratesownninjas posted it?

:D

the more I look at that video, the more I notice how blatant it was. As Rodgers is close to hitting the ground, the defender's only contact with him is his hand on his facemask. He's using his other hand to brace his fall. check out the video at the 0:32-0: 34 second mark. :wacko: its also at this point that you can see the ref's eyes following the football (as he should have been) and not the completion of the tackle.

can't have 30 refs on the field, i guess.

It absolutely goes both ways as there were calls missed that were in GB's favor during the game as well! But every penalty is not called during a game calls are missed ALL THE TIME!!!! So because of the magnitude of this one everyone is up in arms about it! Noone is perfect umpires miss obvious strikes and balls refs miss flagrant fouls on the basketball court and yes Refs miss calls on the football field!!!! It aint the first time and it won't be the last!! GET OVER IT move on and give The Cards and Warner the credit they deserve!! They played a near perfect Offensive game and deserved the win HANDS DOWN!!! CONGRATS CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko::D:D

More importantly, what self-respecting Niners fan rocks the dancing bananas in a post about a Cardinals win? They're in our freaking division! Do you see NE fans giddy over the Jets winning? Giants fans fired up about the Cowboys?

More importantly, what self-respecting Niners fan rocks the dancing bananas in a post about a Cardinals win? They're in our freaking division! Do you see NE fans giddy over the Jets winning? Giants fans fired up about the Cowboys?

One that has much respect for how Warner plays the game and hey we beat them twice this year at least if they go all the way this year I have"Well we beat the Superbowl Champs twice this year" going for me! And because I don't hate every team with a passion in our division like others do! I actually like to see them take it down as this means we were bettered for the division by the World Champs! Makes it a little easier to swallow that we didn't make it again and the team that beat us for the division isn't one and done and the laughing stock of the playoffs! I I take pride in my team but also hate everyone saying how crappy the NFC west is and whoever makes the playoffs from there will be crushed by anyone in there path! So hey if I gotta live thru a team in our own division until we make it back to those glory days so be it!! And who better to do it thru than Warner arguably the nicest guy yet fiercest competitor playing today! So here's another banana for your hammock! :D

:wacko:

And also I don't really feel we have a division rival that is the magnitude of those you mentioned! Can you really say there is a rivalry in our division like any of those? Not for me mine are out of division rivalries that happened in our glory days with the packers and cowboys in the playoffs! So for me it is sweeter seeing those teams lose than someone I don't feel is as bitter a rivalry whether it's in our division or not! Cause once the playoffs start it's all one division and if my teams in it I hate whoever we play. And that was The Pack and The Boys back in the day and I still hate THEM with a passion!! :wacko:

One that has much respect for how Warner plays the game and hey we beat them twice this year at least if they go all the way this year I have"Well we beat the Superbowl Champs twice this year" going for me! And because I don't hate every team with a passion in our division like others do! I actually like to see them take it down as this means we were bettered for the division by the World Champs! Makes it a little easier to swallow that we didn't make it again and the team that beat us for the division isn't one and done and the laughing stock of the playoffs! I I take pride in my team but also hate everyone saying how crappy the NFC west is and whoever makes the playoffs from there will be crushed by anyone in there path! So hey if I gotta live thru a team in our own division until we make it back to those glory days so be it!! And who better to do it thru than Warner arguably the nicest guy yet fiercest competitor playing today! So here's another banana for your hammock! :D

You are waaaaay overusing exclamation points . . . .. :D

You are waaaaay overusing exclamation points . . . .. :D

Good comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packers still lost and that won't change so curl up in bed and snuggle your Packers blankie and your cheesehead hat and dream of Rodgers hitting Jennings in stride to win the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Good comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packers still lost and that won't change so curl up in bed and snuggle your Packers blankie and your cheesehead hat and dream of Rodgers hitting Jennings in stride to win the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Your posts smack of idiocy at this point . . . . :wacko:

Classic game I'm not sure we deserved to win. However -- and I'd say this regardless of which two teams were playing in a postseason game -- when was the last time you saw an overtime playoff game featuring TWO blatant personal fouls against a quarterback in a span of three plays, with both uncalled?

Just a horrible way to end an awesome contest. If anyone gets a link to "Official Review" with Mike Pereira explaining this garbage, please share.

First congrats go to Ken Whisenhunt. He completely owned Dom Capers in the game-planning element. He just kept abusing the middle of the defense, like a boxer pummeling a stubborn, stupid chump with body shots.

And even though he never through a pass outside the numbers, Kurt Warner gets the next-most credit for the nearly flawless execution. That guy is amazing in the playoffs.

Other guys who played their asses off: Ryan Grant (did a lot with few opportunities, both rushing and catching), Jennings (always steps up in big spots), Scott Wells, and Finley (he's officially elite now). Rodgers was amazing in the second half, but overall I'd have to give him a B.

I hope the Packers learn from this experience.

First congrats go to Ken Whisenhunt. He completely owned Dom Capers in the game-planning element. He just kept abusing the middle of the defense, like a boxer pummeling a stubborn, stupid chump with body shots.

And even though he never through a pass outside the numbers, Kurt Warner gets the next-most credit for the nearly flawless execution. That guy is amazing in the playoffs.

Other guys who played their asses off: Ryan Grant (did a lot with few opportunities, both rushing and catching), Jennings (always steps up in big spots), Scott Wells, and Finley (he's officially elite now). Rodgers was amazing in the second half, but overall I'd have to give him a B.

I hope the Packers learn from this experience.

Very well said with a few upgrades your team will be pretty damn good for a while! Hope to be able to say the same about mine real soon and get back to those Niner-Pack playoff games of the past. With the niners comin out on top of course :wacko:

Heard on Mike and Mike this AM that the Packers had been 3rd in the league this season in terms of lowest opponents QB rating inside the numbers.

The fact that Warner comes out and goes 21 for 22 with 5 TDs inside those same numbers....simply amazing.

If they hadn't called that PF on Jenkins for hitting Warner in the head, I'd have less issue with the non-call on the last play.

Even so, GB's odds of winning go up a bit if they don't turn the ball over 3 times and maybe think about playing some D.

The Packers 11-5 record is deceiving. (So is MN, but we're not talking about them right now.)

They beat Chicago 2x, Detroit 2x, St. Louis, Cleveland, They should have won those games. AZ Week 17 was a "gimme" due to resting of players. But given the playoff game it could have been a shootout going to anyone.

BUT, how did GB do against teams with winning records? Dallas 1-0, MIN 0-2, Pitt 0-1, and AZ Wildcard? They gave up more points in all those games than the rest of the year.

Either way, they are a long way from being anointed the team of the NFC until they can put the whole package together. They are on the right track, but need the coaching, GM and staff to WIN against the upper-tier teams....and not lose to the TB teams.

I'm not being negative, but you don't deserve to win when you give up 51 points against anyone.

The Packers 11-5 record is deceiving. (So is MN, but we're not talking about them right now.)

They beat Chicago 2x, Detroit 2x, St. Louis, Cleveland, They should have won those games. AZ Week 17 was a "gimme" due to resting of players. But given the playoff game it could have been a shootout going to anyone.

BUT, how did GB do against teams with winning records? Dallas 1-0, MIN 0-2, Pitt 0-1, and AZ Wildcard? They gave up more points in all those games than the rest of the year.

Either way, they are a long way from being anointed the team of the NFC until they can put the whole package together. They are on the right track, but need the coaching, GM and staff to WIN against the upper-tier teams....and not lose to the TB teams.

I'm not being negative, but you don't deserve to win when you give up 51 points against anyone.

I would argue going 11-5 against anyone in the NFL is a pretty good year. I would argue going 11-5 in the NFL with the youngest roster and a new defensive scheem is a very good year. How you can continue to argue that Thompson and McCarthy are not doing their jobs is beyond me.