[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers - Cards

budlitebrad

Packers-Cards  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Packers
    • Cards
    • Puddy

As a impartial observer, NO WAY are you gonna get that call at the end of the game. They got rid of the incidental facemask rule. I don't think it was enough to get called even if the ref did see it.

The incidental facemask penalty applies to everyone EXCEPT the QB. You touch a QBs head with your pinky, you get flagged for 15 yards and an automatic 1st down.

This was a no-brainer that was flat-out missed.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched it again, but didn't the face mask come after the ball was out?

So what you all are saying is that AZ should get the ball but a 15 yrd penalty too?

Just no TD?

After the ball was out, but before the Cards got possession I think, so it'd still be GB ball. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Watch it again, you'll see Rolle is trying to do something to Finley's ankle, which caused the whole thing in the first place.

to me, it looked like rolle had wrapped up finley's legs from the tackle and held on after the whistle to keep finley from getting up and rushing back to the line (i think there were about 2 1/2 minutes left at the time). finley shoved rolle, who let go, and finley jumped up and was yelling at the officials. of all the non-calls, i think this one was pretty mild. the same thing happens on two-minute drills every week -- defender tackles the receiver, defender takes his sweet time getting off the guy to waste more time.

Watch it again, you'll see Rolle is trying to do something to Finley's ankle, which caused the whole thing in the first place.

you can talk all you want about the facemask at the end but seriously, you have to be kidding me about this play...Finley should have been called for pushing first if anything...

The score was 51-45. The last people thing I would blame losing this game on is officiating. I honestly didn't notice it during the game.

I did see they missed the PI on Fitzgerald, but that happens.

I did see the contact to the facemask on the last play, but that is NEVER, EVER, EVER, NEVER gonna get called unless it is blatant, intentional, flagrant, whatever you wanna call it. Can you imagine calling that play back as a ref? Ain't gonna happen.

Edited by CaptainHook

to me, it looked like rolle had wrapped up finley's legs from the tackle and held on after the whistle to keep finley from getting up and rushing back to the line (i think there were about 2 1/2 minutes left at the time). finley shoved rolle, who let go, and finley jumped up and was yelling at the officials. of all the non-calls, i think this one was pretty mild. the same thing happens on two-minute drills every week -- defender tackles the receiver, defender takes his sweet time getting off the guy to waste more time.

This^ was my assesment as well.

Didnt think the Finley-Rolle play was a big deal, but there definitely should have been a PF for the helmet-to-helmet on Rodgers. If THAT wasnt worthy of a flag, no play is. Obvious miss by the officials :wacko:

Pretty clear there was a face-mask on the final play as well. Not sure how that should been ruled (given the sequence of events) but I dont blame Packer fans for being a little salty over it...

Hell of a game, though :D

The score was 51-45. The last people thing I would blame losing this game on is officiating. I honestly didn't notice it during the game.

I did see they missed the PI on Fitzgerald, but that happens.

I did see the contact to the facemask on the last play, but that is NEVER, EVER, EVER, NEVER gonna get called unless it is blatant, intentional, flagrant, whatever you wanna call it. Can you imagine calling that play back as a ref? Ain't gonna happen.

I never said anything about the last play, I'm talking about the helmet to helmet contact in which a defensive lineman launched himself into Rodgers face, but instead of that being called, they call jackass Daryn Colledge for holding. The last play of the game was an epic clusterwhen I wore my first dress.

Clearly should have been a non-call, why you can barely see the helmet move....

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=media%...5058ca05275.jpg

I think that was a non-call - they changed the rule this year so you don't have the 5 yd "incidental" facemask, which is what that one pretty clearly was - AD's head didn't snap around or jerk violently.

It certainly wasn't personal foul worthy; on replay you couldn't even particularly see a grab.

:wacko:

Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2010 12:58 AM ET

Cardinals safety Antrel Rolle got a taste of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers on Sunday, a week after facing him in Week 17.

And Rolle has no interest in a third helping.

"Let me tell you something - that dude is scary," Rolle said of Rodgers, per Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. "We have a great defense, and we were up on him and ready to pounce, and he found ways to tear us apart.

"I don't ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious. I'll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again."

Nice to hear, I guess. :wacko:

:wacko: maybe just make ALL contact in football illegal.....then explain that ta Ditka....Rogers wasn't the only QB out there getin hands in the face if you were watchin Warner in the 1st half he was gettin his share and jawin to the Ref bout it......only thing that ruins a great game is sore losers....Thank God there's only one snibbiler here.....Props ta BJ / Chavez / BLB for takin a tough loss like a man :D

You're saying that now knowing the outcome of the play. If the ref was looking at the continuation of the play (and not following the ball, which Peter King's tweet pointed out was his primary responsibility), and saw the DL's hand immediately continue onto Rodgers facemask split-seconds after the ball is dislodged, you reach for the flag immediately....before the ball is ever scooped up and returned.

We've seen that play a million times....QB releases the ball, pass is intercepted/fumbled...but the play is brought back due to a personal foul (roughing the passer/hands to the face/etc).

I'm not blaming the outcome of the game on that play....just saying it certainly was a missed call.