[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst gadgets of the decade. I don't think I owned any.

TimC

Owned? I never even heard of this BS (well OK the dog humping thing, sure, but otherwise :wacko: ). I'm in IT and like gadgets to a point, but it never ceases to amaze me how unbelievably obsessed so many people are today with all this electronic goofball crapola - God forbid you not have cell phone jammed to your ear 24/7 or ipod or video games or whatever. Total bizarro.

Segues still crack me up. How freaking useless. I think it should be a prerequisite of any motorized vehicle not designed for disabled people that they be able to go faster than a normal person can pedal a bike or, at very least, can run.

Segues still crack me up. How freaking useless. I think it should be a prerequisite of any motorized vehicle not designed for disabled people that they be able to go faster than a normal person can pedal a bike or, at very least, can run.

Those wheelchairs he invented that raised folks up to regular height and walked up stairs phreaked me out.

He also invented something that filters water and generates electricity I wonder what ever happened to it? :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

Interesting list. I never owned any of the items (except for the Sony Pro Stick memory but I didn't have any options with my camera). The wearable PC picture cracked me up. I could just see a bunch of sales guys in an office walking around looking like part of the Borg.

The list is missing a biggie, IMHO, the IOMEGA ZIP Drive. Granted they came out in the mid 90's, but that company kept "upgrading" their POS and they were NOT backward compatible. Not to mention the HW would crap out during long DL's and just stop working after a year or so.

I remember seeing the Audrey at a computer tradeshow. The picture does not do it justice. The damm thing was huge. At the time I remember thinking They must be kidding....... What idiot designed this, and the guy that convinced 3Com that it was a good idea was the most the best salesman ever.

One of Gizmondo's selling points was actually, "Too drunk to kind your way home? Gizmondo's GPS will get you there..." Kid you not, it was in the damm brochure :wacko:

The list is missing a biggie, IMHO, the IOMEGA ZIP Drive. Granted they came out in the mid 90's, but that company kept "upgrading" their POS and they were NOT backward compatible. Not to mention the HW would crap out during long DL's and just stop working after a year or so.

I had one of those. Seemed revolutionary when all we had was floppies.

All interesting, but I'll always be fond of the pager, which is the 90's version of the pet rock. Everyone born since 1995 would probably laugh when the concept is explained to them (hey, go to a phone!).

Had one of these too. IT guys used to see how many they could wear at the same time.

All interesting, but I'll always be fond of the pager, which is the 90's version of the pet rock. Everyone born since 1995 would probably laugh when the concept is explained to them (hey, go to a phone!).

I had a pager for a couple years too, before going to work at BellSouth Cellular (and even past then - at first our phone benefit was only 60 mins a month). I thought they were great too - you could ignore if you needed to.

I logged the Apple TV (which isn't great for the TV functionality but makes a serviceable player for my MP3 collection and photo montage for my TV which I like for parties)

I was worried I'd have more to be honest as I have a bit of a gadget buying problem

i have the Apple TV, too. although i paid for most of it with gift cards, it's not worth it. we did "rent" a movie using Apple TV the other night, but i could do the same thing with a couple devices i already own. i think i decided to use the Apple TV just so i could say, "hey, i'm using the Apple TV!"

i have the Apple TV, too. although i paid for most of it with gift cards, it's not worth it. we did "rent" a movie using Apple TV the other night, but i could do the same thing with a couple devices i already own. i think i decided to use the Apple TV just so i could say, "hey, i'm using the Apple TV!"

Boxee is the only way to use Apple TV - the way it SHOULD have been made.

I had a Cue Cat at one point in time. I have no idea how I came by it other than I didn't purchase it. Conceptually interesting, practically worthless.

I had the CableCard even though the person on the phone with Comcast tried to talk me out of it...and it worked great....

I still don't get why the CableCard was discontinued considering it was extremely cost effective...

also...the 1st Blu-ray player was pretty bad, but saying "we're still not sure the best format won" (between HD DVD and Blu-ray) is spoken out of sheer stupidity...