[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys/Vikings

whomper

Final TD... classless or preparation for the NFC Championship game? Football is all about preparation and momentum. How do you want your players to feel during the last couple minutes of the game? Do you want them to completely dominate their opponent and exert their will upon them by scoring again, or do you want to give your opponent another chance to push you around in garbage time?

I'm glad they went for the jugular. It will help keep them confident that they can hang with the Saints who have also been dominating their opponents.

:wacko: Like I said I didnt mind the TD but this is a little silly. They didnt need that TD to feel like they dominated Dallas. Childress said after the game that all you heard all week was about how Dallas was the hottest team in football and dallas got the attention. Maybe this was his way of sticking it up everyones ass who bought into Dallas leading into this game.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: Like I said I didnt mind the TD but this is a little silly. They didnt need that TD to feel like they dominated Dallas. Childress said after the game that all you heard all week was about how Dallas was the hottest team in football and dallas got the attention. Maybe this was his way of sticking it up everyones ass who bought into Dallas leading into this game.

If the Vikings decide to run it there and get stuffed, and then if the Cowboys use the final 2 minutes to march down the field and score, then the players leave that game with a very different taste in their mouth despite the victory.

Its been said already but I am AMAZED at the class of the Cowboys fans here... :wacko:

Kudos to not acting like Packer fans...:D

:D

What did you expect them to say in a 34-3 loss..."that the refs jobbed them"?

As I said earlier, its easy to be classy when you lose big, and humility is all you have left. On teams I coach, we preach winning with class since it might just be even more important.

I'd say the Vikings fans have been pretty easy on the Cowboys fans in this thread....kudos to them for not sticking it to them.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

:wacko:

As I said earlier, its easy to be classy when you lose big, and humility is all you have left. On teams I coach, we preach winning with class since it might just be even more important.

I'd say the Vikings fans have been pretty easy on the Cowboys fans in this thread....kudos to them for not sticking it to them.

Again. Philly / Dallas is the vikings equivalent to GB/Minny. If The Vikings beat the Packers , instead of Dallas, I am sure the daggers would be a little sharper than they have been in this thread. You know this. The last time Philly beat Dallas (which was 4 tries ago in 2008, not this year as we spanked you 3 times and promptly removed you from the post season) the Eagles fans went nuts on Dallas fans. Rightfully so. We expect nothing less and never complain. I am actually a little surprised you are.

As to your other point about only being gracious because it was a blowout. Not true. Boys fans could easily just not say anything at all , leave the thread and be done with it. Instead a few people said congrats and good luck, you thumped us.

I am actually a little surprised you are.

I'm not complaining....I don't mind it being dished out, and I don't mind dishing it out myself. Kinda fun, if you ask me. What fun would a football board be if fans couldn't talk some trash?

As to your other point about only being gracious because it was a blowout. Not true. Boys fans could easily just not say anything at all , leave the thread and be done with it. Instead a few people said congrats and good luck, you thumped us.

I doubt the fans of the losing team would just "not say anything at all". Most always come back to the thread and disect the corpse...especially in this case, where there corpse has tire tracks all over it. :wacko:

Point is, of those Cowboys fans that responded, I'm not sure what else you could say, other than "we were thumped by a superior team". And in my mind, I'm not sure that is the definition of "classy'. Moreover, had the game been decided by a bad call in a nailbiting 20-19 loss, I sincerely doubt the reaction here would have been "Shucks, you beat us...you were the better team".

I'm not complaining....I don't mind it being dished out, and I don't mind dishing it out myself. Kinda fun, if you ask me. What fun would a football board be if fans couldn't talk some trash?

I doubt the fans of the losing team would just "not say anything at all". Most always come back to the thread and disect the corpse...especially in this case, where there corpse has tire tracks all over it. :wacko:

Point is, of those Cowboys fans that responded, I'm not sure what else you could say, other than "we were thumped by a superior team". And in my mind, I'm not sure that is the definition of "classy'. Moreover, had the game been decided by a bad call in a nailbiting 20-19 loss, I sincerely doubt the reaction here would have been "Shucks, you beat us...you were the better team".

Swamm we beat you guys until you cried "Mommy" and that is because Phlly vs. Dallas is a bitter rivalry. The Vikings on the other hand or not a division foe and are lead by a guy named Farve whom most people respect and admire. I personlly love the guy and alway have. I despise what GB did and as a result will never be the same in my eyes. Farve majic is real and if you saw those passes, they were perfect dispite almost perfect coverage. To be able to put the ball on the money with or secondary in their hip pocket just shows me how good Farve is. I am pulling for the Vikings to win it all because Farve is classy and earned everything he got. The Vikings have never won a SB and I hope this is their year. Their fans deserve it. On the other hand, if Phily never wins one I would be just as happy.

I guess trash talking about trashtalking is all u and I have left since both of our teams got bitch slapped :D

Cowboyz1 will be along later.........wonder how many threads he'll resurrect this week? :D

Pretty sure Cowboyz1 is a female. Big John, confirm?

As to the game, I was very surprised. I did not like our chances going in, and the way the Cowboys moved the ball early had me very concerned, but the Vikes were able to capitalize on Cowboy mistakes and big plays. PON has the right view on the last TD. Those guys should have been out of there. As for it not being classy, these are grown men getting paid a boat load of money to entertain us, and that last TD was pretty entertaining. :wacko:

:wacko:

I'll just say this. Cowboyz1 does'nt represent all of the Cowboys' fans here. You guys got NOTHING after losing to Dallas except from 1 guy IIRC. Had Philly won, there would have been Eagles fans starting threads here that have'nt posted in a year. :D