[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys/Vikings

whomper

I really don't understand all the people pissed the Vikes scored there at the end. Did Dallas let AD get a first down so they could run out the clock? Give me a break, they were trying to prolong a game that's well over and go for it on fourth so why wouldn't we?

Anyone else think that Jerry was going to blow up Phillips head with his laser eyes?

Well the game was over at that point and the go to the air wasn't needed. Honestly, I'd be more upset about it if I was a Viking fan. With the game well in hand and you're still rolling Favre, Peterson, and Rice out there? If any of those guys suffers a fluke injury that knocks them out of next week's game, it's a disaster. And for what? To show up the Cowboys?

And while I do buy into Jimmy Johnsons philosophy towards blowouts, I think you need to be smart about it.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the game started and Dallas moved the ball on its first few possesions, I thought the game was going to be a struggle for the Vikings and they'd have to make a couple hugh plays to win. Turned out they escaped some of the dicey spots(due in part to Dallas mistakes as well as some good plays by MN) and the score got a lot more lopsided than I ever thought it would. Good win today :D but it only gets tougher from here on out as there are no more games in the friendly confines of the Dome.

Looking ahead to next week, Saints offense can be a defense's nightmare and the Vikes are no bargain on the road(although the game being inside does help, IMO). Going to be a very tough game which will require the best defensive effort of the season to get a win. Vikes going to have to beat on Brees like they did Romo and they may very well be down a starter on the D-line :wacko:

Well the game was over at that point and the go to the air wasn't needed. Honestly, I'd be more upset about it if I was a Viking fan. With the game well in hand and you're still rolling Favre, Peterson, and Rice out there? If any of those guys suffers a fluke injury that knocks them out of next week's game, it's a disaster. And for what? To show up the Cowboys?

And while I do buy into Jimmy Johnsons philosophy towards blowouts, I think you need to be smart about it.

I understand what you are saying and i am not saying that its a play i agree with but i do believe no one on Dallas defense should have complained or said a peep ... you walk off the field and should be upset with yourself for letting them score again ... you cant be upset for Vikes playing till the end

Agreed.

I think there was around 5 or so minutes left and all the Vikes starters were still in there. I thought at that point they should have put in Tarvaris and ran Chester instead of AP. No sense leaving your stars in there to let some frustrated defensive player take a shot at them or chance them getting injured when the game was pretty well in hand at that point. Luckily, the only injury of note that I can recall is Edwards (which could prove costly). He finally had a game worthy of all the sh*t he talks and then his knee blows out :wacko:

I think it only lasted for 2 or 3 seconds, but MAN that glare from Jones into the back of Wade's head was seriously awesome... he is toast!!!

IMHO I'm not sure how much of this Vikings victory you can put on the Cowboys' coaches. The Boys seemed to be outplaying the Vikings for much of the game... and that is pretty telling as to how well prepared the players and coaches were. I think they had the right take on the Vikings, but at key moments some of the Vikings players just did some extraordinary things (particularly Rice who seemed to have superglue on his fingertips).

The Vikings coaches made the adjustments and Cowboys didn't. We tried to come out and run the ball and they stacked the line. We then moved to pass 1st and Favre had one on one all day. They did not adjust to that and it looked like they kept their Safeties up. After the 1st three possesions, they only had 114 yards of offense. No way in heck did they outplay us most of the game.

+1...HATE to agree with you but why was Favre in the game with 6 minutes left...

The Cowboys had the ball, down 14, with a chance to make it a game in the 3rd quarter. Romo proceeds to hit a wide open Ben Leber deep in his own territory. Game over. I don't know how you describe choking but....... just sayin'.

If the go to the air pass wasn't needed....then stop it......Damn, I am sick and tired of all of this political correctness that has somehow found its way into sports........Play the damn game till the clock reads ZERO..... :wacko:

Agreed.

I think there was around 5 or so minutes left and all the Vikes starters were still in there. I thought at that point they should have put in Tarvaris and ran Chester instead of AP. No sense leaving your stars in there to let some frustrated defensive player take a shot at them or chance them getting injured when the game was pretty well in hand at that point. Luckily, the only injury of note that I can recall is Edwards (which could prove costly). He finally had a game worthy of all the sh*t he talks and then his knee blows out :wacko:

Exactly. If I was a coach or Brooking/Ware/Spencer I take matters into my own hands and take a cheap shot on Favre or Peterson. Not because they're Vikings either. I would do it to any team that was running up the score, which in turn, is why I would want my stars out of there to avoid a situation like that.

+1...HATE to agree with you but why was Favre in the game with 6 minutes left...

:D Every once in a while I say something logical.

If the go to the air pass wasn't needed....then stop it......Damn, I am sick and tired of all of this political correctness that has somehow found its way into sports........Play the damn game till the clock reads ZERO..... :D

Dude, I guess you missed my post. I said If I was a viking fan I would be pissed. It has nothing to do with being PC, which putting me and PC in the same sentence is insanity in the first place. It has everything to do with being smart. What happens if on that pass Spencer/Ware destroy Favre and seperate his shoulder? Would you really want Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels going into New Orleans? What if someone goes for Peterson's knee's and he blows out an acl? The vikings are a great team, but you have to be Great+Healthy to go where they want to be. Keeping the cornerstones of the team in late puts that in jeopordy.

Oh, and for Viking fans, I heard on the radio that the last TD pass from Favre was actually a run that he audibled at the line... Can any of you jokers confirm or deny? And congrats on the win. I had a strong feeling Dallas would come in and do to you what you ended up doing to them today.

Final TD... classless or preparation for the NFC Championship game? Football is all about preparation and momentum. How do you want your players to feel during the last couple minutes of the game? Do you want them to completely dominate their opponent and exert their will upon them by scoring again, or do you want to give your opponent another chance to push you around in garbage time?

I'm glad they went for the jugular. It will help keep them confident that they can hang with the Saints who have also been dominating their opponents.

Edited by Savage Beatings

Final TD... classless or preparation for the NFC Championship game? Football is all about preparation and momentum. How do you want your players to feel during the last couple minutes of the game? Do you want them to completely dominate their opponent and exert their will upon them by scoring again, or do you want to give your opponent another chance to push you around in garbage time?

I'm glad they went for the jugular. It will help keep them confident that they can hang with the Saints who have also been dominating their opponents.

Classless, preparation for the NFCC game, OR an unnecessary risk. I think it was the latter. I disagree with what the Vikings did, but not because it hurt Kieth Brookings feelings. You can't keep your key players in a game like that. If the Cowboys defense had anyone with a nasty side, something very bad might have happened.

That TD didnt bother me at all. When your thumped your thumped. Brooking took exception :meh: Dallas jumped some hurdles this year. There is obviously still work to be done. Dont cry about the late TD. Use it as motivation and get better next year.