[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

24 Season / Day 8

keggerz

I just wish that once Hollywood would get it right. Trying to jump through a window will either have you bounce off it or cut to ribbons. there is no in between. That and they telegraphed that move just a little too much.

Not to mention the 2 story fall on his face. :wacko:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my take was that Cole is in charge and takin care of a rookie.....also think they're groomin Cole ta take jacks place in the series :wacko: they are wearing the silver & black so butt darts can't be ruled out :D

I missed last night but I'm finally caught up so that I'm only one episode behind. I've been avoiding this thread since I hadn't seen it all yet. BUT, if they have Cole take over the series I'm pretty sure I'll stop watching. Either that or they have to fix his accent. The dude just sounds dumb trying to do a New York/Jersey/Whatever accent.

I just wish that once Hollywood would get it right. Trying to jump through a window will either have you bounce off it or cut to ribbons. there is no in between. That and they telegraphed that move just a little too much.

And wouldn't it be as amusing as all get out to see some idiot rebound off of plexiglass onto hit ass because he tried to jump through a win-der.

the jack bauer i know shoots him in the kneecap as soon as he enters the room and sees he's unarmed. what was with the nice talk? also, how can the dude outrun everyone after that fall. it was like jack paused at the window to let him get away. again, the jack i know is out that window in a heartbeat, especially with a van to land on right there ... so now we deal with a dude barricaded in an oxygen chamber.

:wacko:

the jack bauer i know shoots him in the kneecap as soon as he enters the room and sees he's unarmed. what was with the nice talk? also, how can the dude outrun everyone after that fall. it was like jack paused at the window to let him get away. again, the jack i know is out that window in a heartbeat, especially with a van to land on right there ... so now we deal with a dude barricaded in an oxygen chamber.

:wacko:

Grandpa Jack...

Meh...

Definitely a time killer episode.

Can't say I didn't see that coming with the head of security. Pretty sure 24 has used the "fall in love with me so I can use you as leverage for my cause" tactic countless times.

yep, like you guys said before some episodes just set-up more chit, plus they wasted a perfect chance for T&A :wacko: they can offically get rid of that sex disclaimer there's worse chit on disney these days

what's with the parole officer who calls expecting to leave a message but then tells her when she answers that it's imperative that he speaks with her immediately because he flies out in the morning? if it was imperative, wouldn't he have planned better? and then what's with dana agreeing to meet the dude immediately when she's already in hot water for not being on the job? why did she even answer her phone when she sees it is a strange number? i think this whole sub-plot is only there to distract cole so jack could step in. otherwise, it has served no purpose and is boring. i'm wondering if maybe parole guy is not really a parole guy ... if there's nothing more to the whole thing, it's an enormous waste of time on an already slower season.

what's with the parole officer who calls expecting to leave a message but then tells her when she answers that it's imperative that he speaks with her immediately because he flies out in the morning? if it was imperative, wouldn't he have planned better? and then what's with dana agreeing to meet the dude immediately when she's already in hot water for not being on the job? why did she even answer her phone when she sees it is a strange number? i think this whole sub-plot is only there to distract cole so jack could step in. otherwise, it has served no purpose and is boring. i'm wondering if maybe parole guy is not really a parole guy ... if there's nothing more to the whole thing, it's an enormous waste of time on an already slower season.

Yes, but I love the fact that Stephen Root is playing the parole guy. A very underrated actor. You may know him as Milton from Office Space.

Meh...

Definitely a time killer episode.

Can't say I didn't see that coming with the head of security. Pretty sure 24 has used the "fall in love with me so I can use you as leverage for my cause" tactic countless times.

yes, but 24 also has used the "i walk like a bad guy, i talk like a bad guy, but i'm actually a hero!" trick, too. the head of security could easily just be spying on the terrorists. not saying he is, but the writers were pretty vague about what he and the parole officer were up to last night.

the whole storyline with that guy was ridiculous even by '24' standards. as if jack would come in the room all passive, and not pouncing all over the guy and beating the chit out of him. then he jumps through a window, lands and is ok, then locks himself in a hyperbaric chamber? gimme a friggin break. but then the terrorist sees mom, and one little moronic threat from jack, and suddenly the guy is willing to talk. dumb dumb dumb. of course, the cole/dana thing is dumb too, but at least that one appears to be going somewhere.

but then the terrorist sees mom, and one little moronic threat from jack, and suddenly the guy is willing to talk. dumb dumb dumb. of course, the cole/dana thing is dumb too, but at least that one appears to be going somewhere.

I didn't understand why they didn't just START with threatening to kill mom. That's what I assumed would happen...

And when the parole officer called, granted she was stupid enough to pick up, why not say "Yeah, I know who he is, he called me a few times and I told him to get lost or I'd call the police - haven't heard from him since"

no way the parole guy is a parole guy...parolee maybe...anyway when did parole guys start following and tracing calls and call length etc...bounty hunter is a possibility or maybe another ex-con the dilweed served time with...i just can't wait to see what Bubba is running yelling security, security for.

:D Awesome episode. Huge setbacks always make for a better 24 imo.

:wacko: Jack is the only weapon they've got left.

hopefully the security tapes of the evidence locker break-in are erased and we can be done with the lame subplot involving starbuck.

Why is CTU the most insecure "secured" area in the nation (with the White House a very close second)?

Why wasn't there a guard post at the opening of the "tunnel"?

ETA: ALl in all, awesome episode, however!

Edited by BiggieFries

hopefully the security tapes of the evidence locker break-in are erased and we can be done with the lame subplot involving starbuck.

Agreed.

Was hoping the EMP would erase this plot... but I'm sure he'll just stick around for two/three hours while they reboot.

Why is CTU the most insecure "secured" area in the nation (with the White House a very close second)?

Why wasn't there a guard post at the opening of the "tunnel"?

ETA: ALl in all, awesome episode, however!

well, if you think about it, in the world of "24," we have a version of 9/11 every few years, many nuclear-related, with presidents resigning, getting assassinated, covering up crimes or proving completely incompetent during crises. america, in the world of "24," is basically a third-world country with super-awesome gadgets.