[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

24 Season / Day 8

keggerz

well, if you think about it, in the world of "24," we have a version of 9/11 every few years, many nuclear-related, with presidents resigning, getting assassinated, covering up crimes or proving completely incompetent during crises. america, in the world of "24," is basically a third-world country with super-awesome gadgets.

9/11 happened because they couldn't get Jack Bauer to New York in time to investigate.

Look, they had a long tunnel leading to the back entrance of CTU, ok? What more do you want as far as security is concerned? There's no need to search every vehicle that enters when you have a long tunnel.

I'm sure the Pentagon has one too.

And there's also a body of water under the White House that Dubaku led scuba soldiers can utilize to come in through the basement. But they had a brick will with a guard on the other side. I mean really, what more could they have done?

They also let random "investigators" that look like shady, unshaven bums sit in "holding" in the middle of a national crisis, a room that is in earshot and line of sight to everything that is going on within CTU.

I really think you're being a bit demanding with these security concerns. From what I've seen, they've taken every step necessary to run a tight ship that's flaw free.

:wacko:

Edited by kpholmes

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best episode of the season. I love Chole breaking bad, somewhat anyway. Renee looked hot again as well, Dana not so much.

Thought it was a horrible episode - this season has jumped the shark.

The only good part of the episode was Dana revealing she is a mole.

Anyone else watch Rules of Engagement? President Hassan's daughter is now on that show and looking hot!!! More Hassan's daughter would be nice.

Chloe is the worst actress ever and I for one was hoping that trunc line would do her in.

I wondered where the whole Dana thing was going....for some reason, didn't put it together earlier that she was undercover, rather than just hiding her past so she could work at CTU.

Solid stuff :wacko:

I dunno - how is it that this agency can have a mole pretty much every single year ?

And the parole officer being allowed access into CTU and then just hanging around while every thing is going down. And then nonchalantly brushing off the EMP attack and going back to parole business in the midst of it all.

This show is losing me quickly with the far-fetched stuff they're writing into the plot lines.

I dunno - how is it that this agency can have a mole pretty much every single year ?

And the parole officer being allowed access into CTU and then just hanging around while every thing is going down. And then nonchalantly brushing off the EMP attack and going back to parole business in the midst of it all.

This show is losing me quickly with the far-fetched stuff they're writing into the plot lines.

Just stop thinking and start enjoying. It isn't about the hugh holes in the plot or the impossible things that happen from minute to minute, It's about the rush of one near catastrophe turning into the next near catastrophe with Jack and Chloe and now Rene always pulling their asses out of the fire. This isn't about America, it's a nice, tight nit, sociopathic group of people that act as a family.

I agree its a stretch sometimes....

but the same could be said for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, any James Bond movie...you get the gist.

Just sit back and enjoy it....its much more fun than analyzing every single plot twist as "impossible".

I agree its a stretch sometimes....

but the same could be said for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, any James Bond movie...you get the gist.

Just sit back and enjoy it....its much more fun than analyzing every single plot twist as "impossible".

I hear you, but ya gotta admit - that parole officer sequence was ridiculous.

I hear you, but ya gotta admit - that parole officer sequence was ridiculous.

Yep....and for him to get an audience with the Director of CTU, at a time when the nation's security and thousands of lives at stake, was truly out there. As was stuffing his body into a vent.

It was also very lucky for Jack that, while under attack from automatic weapons, he only caught a couple bullets in his armor. Nothing fleshy....those other CTU officers who bit the dust must not have been as lucky :wacko:

Still, better than Dancing with the Stars :D

How did Dana go from from a nervous, scared girl to a killer inside of a few hours? That storyline is ruining the season IMO.

Well, now knowing she is a mole for the terrorists, I think the "nervous, scared girl" routine was part of her cover. In fact , in hindsight, the way she played Cole into killing her old boyfriend (when she was preparing to do it herself) was pretty smart.

I love how Jack pulls the car into a random dock, and it just happens to be the exact one they're sending a little inflatable motorboat from.

It makes sense though, I'm sure there's only one or two docks along the New York coast he could have picked from... :wacko:

i admit i'm as guilty as any about "24" complaints, but ludicrous plot lines have existed since the first season. let's face it, "24" is basically the male version of "days of our lives" -- about the only remaining plot twist is jack's evil twin.

I love how Jack pulls the car into a random dock, and it just happens to be the exact one they're sending a little inflatable motorboat from.

It makes sense though, I'm sure there's only one or two docks along the New York coast he could have picked from... :wacko:

Well, they did narrow it down to they had to be trying to cross the East River. Can't be that many docks down there. :D

But come on, Jack Bauer doesn't do anything randomly! :D

i admit i'm as guilty as any about "24" complaints, but ludicrous plot lines have existed since the first season. let's face it, "24" is basically the male version of "days of our lives" -- about the only remaining plot twist is jack's evil twin.

naw, fan from day 1-

it has jumped the shark and got away from being a hard, cool show that is now often times hilarious- still watching it tho......

- felt like I was watching the A team with the gun battle - thousands of high caliber automatic rounds fired that can't seem to hit anyone, but hold on Rene's aim with her pistola is dead accurate, and she takes out 2 bad guys with just a few rounds.

- Prinze's NY accent is brutal - the parole/Ark story is lame

- can't help but think of slumdog millionaire -dude and bubba everytime I watch it

somehow it has just gotten ghayer in the last few seasons. I for one, hope they get back to their roots and come out with a kick-ass rated R movie or something to salvage it - I think the ratings are WAY down as well

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/26/...n-in-the-works/

'24' to end this season; film version in the works

by Lynette Rice

Fox confirmed today that after eight seasons, 24 will air its series finale on May 24. Star Kiefer Sutherland told EW.com that producing a ninth season for another network like NBC was not an option because he and executive producer Howard Gordon were ready to call it quits.

“The writers are producing the equivalent of 12 films a year, which is unheard of, and Howard felt to do a ninth would be potentially damaging,” said Sutherland. “We both felt strongly that there has been a demand and an interest in a 24 film, which would be a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day, so we felt it was time to move in that direction.”

Sutherland promised the series finale would tee up the 24 movie that’s in the works at 20th Century Fox. Billy Ray (State of Play) is writing the screenplay. “We wanted to create a definitive end for Jack Bauer,” explains Sutherland. “Since we do have the intention to make the feature film, it would lead into that and certainly set that up.

“Something we’ve dealt with in the series is how the crisis always has to come to us because we don’t have time to move anywhere in a real time world,” he continued. “In a two-hour (movie) representation of the 24 world, planes, trains, and automobiles all of a sudden become a factor because you are not required to go scene by scene in real time. That’s something I can say I am very excited about.”

As for the actual series finale, Gordon told EW.com that he and Sutherland considered everything from a happy to a tragic ending for Jack Bauer and ended up with episodes that take some risks: “We go to a very definitive, very complex place.”

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/26/...n-in-the-works/

'24' to end this season; film version in the works

by Lynette Rice

Fox confirmed today that after eight seasons, 24 will air its series finale on May 24. Star Kiefer Sutherland told EW.com that producing a ninth season for another network like NBC was not an option because he and executive producer Howard Gordon were ready to call it quits.

“The writers are producing the equivalent of 12 films a year, which is unheard of, and Howard felt to do a ninth would be potentially damaging,” said Sutherland. “We both felt strongly that there has been a demand and an interest in a 24 film, which would be a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day, so we felt it was time to move in that direction.”

Sutherland promised the series finale would tee up the 24 movie that’s in the works at 20th Century Fox. Billy Ray (State of Play) is writing the screenplay. “We wanted to create a definitive end for Jack Bauer,” explains Sutherland. “Since we do have the intention to make the feature film, it would lead into that and certainly set that up.

“Something we’ve dealt with in the series is how the crisis always has to come to us because we don’t have time to move anywhere in a real time world,” he continued. “In a two-hour (movie) representation of the 24 world, planes, trains, and automobiles all of a sudden become a factor because you are not required to go scene by scene in real time. That’s something I can say I am very excited about.”

As for the actual series finale, Gordon told EW.com that he and Sutherland considered everything from a happy to a tragic ending for Jack Bauer and ended up with episodes that take some risks: “We go to a very definitive, very complex place.”

I don't like this will be the final season but I can understand why...but now my expectations for this season to turn the corner are ramped up...hopefully we will all be surprised the rest of this final season

with regards to the movie....I am jazzed for it but...does the bolded part basically say that "24" is NOT actually going to be in the "24" format...i know they cant stay true to the format as a movie but i hope they don't go so crazy that we see Jack go thru a Taco Bell drive-thru and then stop to use the can :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

Did not like last night's episode. I realize there are only so many stories you can tell with a show like this. But it really seems like they are just recycling scripts and changing names. I still love the show but it is way past time to end this.

agree. the show has become like one of those old choose-your-own-adventure novels.