[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Date night movie...

ABearWithFurniture

Wife wants to stay home and watch a movie for date night and I don't think she'll enjoy 'District 9'...last time this happened I got roped into watching 'Mama Mia' and thought I was being punished for something.

My turn to pick so looking for a little help...

Are you going to Blockbuster or do you have a library or dvds at your disposal or are you going "high tech" and watching Netflix "Instant" movies?

If I remember correctly it was during the 2nd or 3rd week of the season when she said she'd had quite enough football already...

Sure there's football in it, but the movie is really about the kindness of a southern white family taking in a down-and-out black kid and treating him like one of the family. My wife really enjoyed this movie and especially Sandra Bullock's portrayal of the mom.

If you are looking for a chick-flick that both of you will like, as much as I hate to admit it Sandra Bullock's "The Proposal" almost made me pee my pants laughing. And the Mrs. was exceptionally frisky after the film.

Good call here. The Proposal was a good film. I watch the chick flicks with my wife and 9 year old daughter a couple times a month. I just went a rented Grad School and 500 days or something liike that. Both feel good chicky films.

If you are looking for a chick-flick that both of you will like, as much as I hate to admit it Sandra Bullock's "The Proposal" almost made me pee my pants laughing. And the Mrs. was exceptionally frisky after the film.
There's nothing wrong with admitting you liked it. I liked it too. And the fact that Bullock doesn't wear much at times is a plus for guys too.

The Mrs. wants to see The Invention Of Lying which I believe came out a week or two ago. The Ugly Truth is also on my wife's list as Butler is on her "list". Kathrine Heigl is in it so even if the plot stinks you can still look at her. We also liked Couple's Retreat in the theaters, but that doesn't come out until mid-February but you can file that one for later use.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you liked it. I liked it too. And the fact that Bullock doesn't wear much at times is a plus for guys too.

The Mrs. wants to see The Invention Of Lying which I believe came out a week or two ago. The Ugly Truth is also on my wife's list as Butler is on her "list". Kathrine Heigl is in it so even if the plot stinks you can still look at her. We also liked Couple's Retreat in the theaters, but that doesn't come out until mid-February but you can file that one for later use.

The Ugly Truth was ok, but nowhere near as good as The Proposal.

k...was getting 'The Proposal' and 'All about Steve' mixed-up...we saw 'The Proposal' on one of our night's out last year so can't rent that. And I haven't heard anything good about the other one...

I picked up 'The Donner Party', 'District 9', and 'The Other Man'...I'll just give her a choice :wacko: