[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big storm coming

matt770

I love a good snow storm. We have not had a good one in years. Maybe a few inches now and again, but nothing like what you guys are going to see soon.

The Northeast has worse winter weather than Montana. Its hard to believe.

The one in December was the biggest in recent memory, yet everyone seems to be completely losing their sh!t over this one. The governor had a deer-in-the-headlights press conference at noon, reassuring everyone that the state is prepared. I look outside and my neighbors are forming human chains from car to front door, passing bags of groceries, toilet paper, cases of beer. It's as if the Yellowstone caldera just erupted and we have a few hours before the ash permanently blots out the sun. We live about 1/10th of a mile from a supermarket that is open 24/7.

Last storm, we got around 2 feet of snow and they had all the roads plowed the next day. People were out on the roads as if nothing had happened.

I'll say it again, people are nuts.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're gunna miss this one too, just like the last 2......mixed emotions, it's winter and i like snow.

i haven't gotten to play much this winter with my new BEAST!

we're hearing 2 feet in DC and a foot+ in Philly

Just bought a new Ariens 24" but there's so much thick ice on the drive already that it's struggling to get over it. Clears snow really well and now I should be able to fire back at the plow bastard when he drops his crud all over the end of the driveway.

Sweet...I want one. I'm thinking of investing in a cheaper model since my driveway is soooooo long. We don't get enough snow (well, until this year) to justify $1k, but if I could find a used one, I'm gonna jump on it. Never even used one before, but it looks like a blast. :D

Come on up to the real Northeast and you can get this 45 inch monster. They are a lot of fun to use. When the wind is blowing just right I can hit the neighbors house about 50 feet away :wacko:

Edited by Piles

It is still snowing like a mofo out and is expected to go until this afternoon or evening. I made 1 trip with the snowblower last night so my son could get int he driveway and his car is just about buried totally now. Looking forward to waking up my neighbors at 9:00 with the snowblower again :wacko:

Oh, you mean you guys out East are JUST getting a snowstorm? Geez, the media is making it out like you just got hit with a terrorist attack. I've never seen so much panic. Up here in WI I have to say I'm impressed that it's so large (30+ inches? - yikes). I can't remember the last time we had one that big.

Edited by tosberg34

I'm in the the north cental mountains. just shoveled. we may have 5 inches.

Same here. We keep getting ripped off. The storms are either in NW Jersey or just below me in the Mid-Atlantic. :wacko: