[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warren Sapp pulled from NFLN

rajncajn

What is it with these guys?

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Former football star Warren Sapp has been taken off the air while the NFL Network reviews a domestic battery allegation in Miami Beach.

Network spokesman Dennis Johnson says the incident is being reviewed and Sapp won't be part of Sunday's Super Bowl coverage.

Police said in a statement Saturday that Sapp has been charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic battery. An arrest affidavit was not immediately available.

Miami Beach Police spokesman Juan Sanchez says Sapp was brought in for questioning Saturday afternoon.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/warr...rk-217754.html

maybe he did it, maybe he didn't...guess that is why it says, allegations...and to be honest I hate when I see people getting suspended etc pending allegations or pending their court case...flies right in the face of innocent until proven guilty.

maybe he did it, maybe he didn't...guess that is why it says, allegations...and to be honest I hate when I see people getting suspended etc pending allegations or pending their court case...flies right in the face of innocent until proven guilty.

Unless they already know he's guilty. I wonder if some unruly Saints fans got his goat. Sapp has always been one of the most disliked players from our rivals. :wacko:

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Former NFL star Warren Sapp has been charged with domestic battery in South Florida, and the analyst will not be part of the NFL Network's Super Bowl coverage on Sunday.

Sapp was charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic battery and is expected to appear before a Miami-Dade County judge Sunday, Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez said.

The NFL Network spokesman Dennis Johnson released this statement: "We have been made aware of the arrest of Warren Sapp by the Miami Beach Police Department. In light of these circumstances, Warren Sapp will not appear on NFL Network while we review the matter."

The domestic violence allegation was reported around noon Saturday and detectives interviewed Sapp later that day, Sanchez said. The alleged physical altercation against a female acquaintance took place at 6 a.m. ET Saturday at the Shore Club Hotel, where Sapp was staying, ESPN's Kelly Naqi reported, according to a source.

The victim had a swollen knee and bruises on her neck, according to an arrest affidavit. She told detectives that she was partying with Sapp and her friends at the hotel and asked for his room key when she grew tired. Sapp reportedly woke up the victim a few hours later and they started to argue. She told investigators that Sapp started to choke her and pushed her down on a couch.

As the argument escalated, Sapp grabbed the woman by her shirt and neck and threw her down again, the affidavit states.

Sapp told investigators that he let the woman stay in his room but asked her to leave a few hours later. He told police that the woman fell on her leg when he tried to help her get off a couch.

A telephone message left for Sapp's attorney was not immediately returned, nor was an e-mail.

Sanchez said Sapp was expected to be transferred to Miami-Dade County jail Saturday.

The former defensive tackle played for the University of Miami, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders.

Besides the NFL Network, which is owned by the league, Sapp works as an analyst for Showtime's "Inside the NFL" show.

Sapp was in South Florida as part of the NFL Network's coverage of Sunday's Super Bowl between the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts.

:wacko:

Clean play.....no different than what the Saints did the Warner a couple weeks ago.

That play was anything but clean. Anywhere but on a football field and he would've been arrested :wacko:

Warner was at least in the same zip code as the ball when he was hit.

Edited by SKK1

Innocent until proven guilty only applies in criminal court. Sapp and NFLN would be a civil matter where the court of public opinion very much counts. The article didn't say he was fired or "suspended without pay", only that he was pulled from the air. I think that was a prudent thing to do for a situation that just happened last night.

Innocent until proven guilty only applies in criminal court. Sapp and NFLN would be a civil matter where the court of public opinion very much counts. The article didn't say he was fired or "suspended without pay", only that he was pulled from the air. I think that was a prudent thing to do for a situation that just happened last night.

noted...but you have to admit that even those involved in criminal cases are treated as if guilty until proven innocent much of the time

I'm glad they taught them well at the U.

My thoughts exactly.

What a joke of an institution. They breed above average football players that set horrible examples for the youth of America.

Every now and then you'll get a class act, but more likely than not a player from The U will be a total thug.

I'm pretty sure if anyone is deserving of the phrase "You can take the player out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the player" it's The U

That play was anything but clean. Anywhere but on a football field and he would've been arrested :wacko:

Every single play in the NFL someone does something they'd be arrested for on the street. Same with the NHL. They're contact sports :D

I remember the hit on Clifton and it was clean. Brutal, but clean. He was not looking and Sapp popped him shoulder-first. Happens in football all the time. Its too bad Clifton was injured(never like to see that) but that's part of playing contact sports. Hardest I was ever hit playing HS football happened on a similar play. Our QB threw an interception. I was running(left to right across the field) watching/chasing the DB that had the ball. DE from the intercepting team was coming right to left watching me. BANG! :D

It was clean all the way. Unnecessary maybe, but clean.

And I don't like Sapp at all.